Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
e

I think Saskatoon will be a good team if Dach returns, which is likely for him to stay with the Blackhawks, but I imagine him going back to the Blades considering if Chicago keeps him down in Saskatoon they could use it to their advantage to sign him to a big contract once Toews and Kane begin to age. But this is an example of how hard it is to predict CHL. But if Dach does make the Blades he's easily the WHL's best player.

I think it might be possible that Moose Jaw trades Tracey.

After this season I think the ICE will own the East for the following three seasons.

Yeah even without Dach Saskatoon still has a damn good team. Including one of the better goalies in the Eastern Conference.

Hard to say what MJ does. They like to keep kids until their final season of WHL play to keep attendence up. So I think it's more likely they trade Tracey next year than this year. Much like they did with Woo this year. Also just in case they catch fire with some other prospects. They have to keep fans coming in and they wont do that by trading Tracey a year early.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
From what i've read here we seem to have some good young players at F and D (which should happen when we draft 1st or 2nd 4 years in a row) what about our goalie though? Who will be our starter?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I guess the owners are still negotiating with the RM to determine if they can build a 4500 seat arena at their new multi- ice complex? I haven't heard any updates of late.

I drove past the Rink today, they've started digging up the field on the south west corner beside the parking lot.

Reactions: lanky

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
From what i've read here we seem to have some good young players at F and D (which should happen when we draft 1st or 2nd 4 years in a row) what about our goalie though? Who will be our starter?

They have 2 returnees from last year with McGovern and Makaj. But they have 2 17 year olds still with them and both them played in one game last year. One of them is 6'7 too

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Not sure if there's been any info about watching the Ice on TV? Do any of you know if there's anything that could be included with cable? I know I have that channel 9 Shaw channel and it sometimes would show WHL games in the past. Assuming we probably just have to buy some sort of package separately.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Not sure if there's been any info about watching the Ice on TV? Do any of you know if there's anything that could be included with cable? I know I have that channel 9 Shaw channel and it sometimes would show WHL games in the past. Assuming we probably just have to buy some sort of package separately.

Looks like you can stream games live on the WHL website.

WHL Live - Watch Western Hockey League Games Live Online

Reactions: irunthepeg

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
They have 2 returnees from last year with McGovern and Makaj. But they have 2 17 year olds still with them and both them played in one game last year. One of them is 6'7 too

I really like my man Gage Alexander. That size is so enticing.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
So many penalties in last nights game. Dave Lowry might be a big difference maker for the Wheat Kings this year

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Looks like Savoie got an assist on the first goal. Nice to see. Hopefully he can pot a couple tonight.

Reactions: LainePeg

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Hey guys! Blues fan here. You know how much I love the Jets!!!

I’ve been a huge Morrissey fan since his Moose days.

How is he developing on the defensive side of his game?

Thanks in advance.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I for one am shocked by this :sarcasm:

He was incredible. Which is what he should be playing against that particular Wheat King lineup. He did not disappoint that is for sure.

Savoie is an incredible skater very much McDavid like. He is small though.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hey guys! Blues fan here. You know how much I love the Jets!!!

I’ve been a huge Morrissey fan since his Moose days.

How is he developing on the defensive side of his game?

Thanks in advance.

Probably asking in the wrong thread. This is about the WHL team Winnipeg Ice.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He was incredible. Which is what he should be playing against that particular Wheat King lineup. He did not disappoint that is for sure.

Savoie is an incredible skater very much McDavid like. He is small though.

He reminds me of a young Crosby so much. Smaller but sturdy, with quick edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad