Proposal: Winnipeg-Edmonton

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The OP is horrible as always. Trouba fills our biggest need, therefore you are not getting him at all.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Not a fan of either.

RNH
Davidson

For

Trouba
Lowry
Lemieux

---

Winnipeg gets a nice one-two punch at center to compliment their wingers and a top 4 dman that's a RFA after his contract is done.

Edmonton gets a solid young right side dman, big young center and a solid winger prospect.

I ask for reasonable conversation, if you don't like it, at least say why.

That hurts but yes in a vaccum I do this trade. However, Trading RNH leaves us with a 20 year old Draisaitl and 19 year old Mc David as our only quality centers. We cant roll with it.

Change RNH to Eberle and add in another Oiler prospect.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
That hurts but yes in a vaccum I do this trade. However, Trading RNH leaves us with a 20 year old Draisaitl and 19 year old Mc David as our only quality centers. We cant roll with it.

And we can swap Trouba for Postma then? Seriously, when do you Oiler fans learn to think about other teams' needs for a couple of seconds? We have ZERO need for more forwards.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
And we can swap Trouba for Postma then? Seriously, when do you Oiler fans learn to think about other teams' needs for a couple of seconds? We have ZERO need for more forwards.

**** bro, we did not start this thread. OP is a fan of neither.

Keep Trouba and deal with his agent yourself. Besides, why do we want to help you when we will become heated playoff rivals in the next few years? **** helping you out, and you obviously say **** helping us out.

Bad trading partners all around. We at least agree on that.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa

Ok. :)

You dont need a high end center.

We do. Thats why we cant trade RNH even if you wanted him.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Yeah we're not touching that with a ten foot pole. Eberle doesn't address any Jets needs and is unlikely to be the center piece for you in any trade involving a quality RHD, as has been discussed ad nauseam this season.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
The OP is horrible as always. Trouba fills our biggest need, therefore you are not getting him at all.

Huh?

Both will be high end centers, if not #1's in the next year.

If anything, McDavid and Draisaitl on their ELC's is a boon for Edmonton.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah we're not touching that with a ten foot pole. Eberle doesn't address any Jets needs and is unlikely to be the center piece for you in any trade involving a quality RHD, as has been discussed ad nauseam this season.

Exactly. Eberle is a winger (lowest valued position amongst skaters). Eberle also does not fit the Jets mold of player and we still need RWers.

We have zero interest in paying Trouba the type of money his agent demands. Bad fit for both sides. I see your reasoning, hopefully ours makes sense because we can't pay Trouba with McDavid and Drai getting massive raises soon.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
RNH isn't going any wheres.

He was injured and it takes a year to get back from it.... basically hes a keeper and wont be available.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Huh?

Both will be high end centers, if not #1's in the next year.

If anything, McDavid and Draisaitl on their ELC's is a boon for Edmonton.

It's pretty damn horrible. We need defense, so giving away Trouba for anything short of Klefbom is a no go. RNH takes the heavy assignments in Edmonton, so he's needed there, which he wouldn't be in Winnipeg: we have our top 6 guys locked up.

There you have it. A bad proposal, just like every single Trouba to Edmonton proposal there has been. We are not good trading partners.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's pretty damn horrible. We need defense, so giving away Trouba for anything short of Klefbom is a no go. RNH takes the heavy assignments in Edmonton, so he's needed there, which he wouldn't be in Winnipeg: we have our top 6 guys locked up.

There you have it. A bad proposal, just like every single Trouba to Edmonton proposal there has been. We are not good trading partners.

Summed up perfectly. Nothing more needs to be said.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
While I agree this doesn't make sense from a jets POV, and that we're not good trading partners, I don't get the amount of hate directed to the OP. I've seen far worse deals. I think Davidson is underrated, and as everyone has stated, not worth Trouba and that RNH doesn't have a defined role on the team (or at least one that makes sense when factoring salary) so it's definitely a pass.

That said I'd be interested to see what both sides think of a Myers-Davidson swap. I know he's coming off surgery so it wouldn't happen. Moreso value wise if he proves to be back to what he's been.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Jets don't need or have to trade Trouba. All these bs rumors out there. It's just that. BS.

If I'm oilers I'm calling Colorado about Barrie. Because I think he's more of a realistic option

I don't think the OP is a great trade for the Jets.

Today Schiefele is better than RNH... he has been underrated by many on this board. RNH and Schiefele would be a great 1/2 punch at center but a $6m 2nd line center might not be what the Jets want/need... especially at the expense of one of their best Dmen.

Davidson will likely need another similar year to prove his value as a strong 2nd pairing LHD... if he were a first rounder then more people would give him credit, but at this point most just feel last year could be a fluke. That's just the way it is.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
While I agree this doesn't make sense from a jets POV, and that we're not good trading partners, I don't get the amount of hate directed to the OP. I've seen far worse deals. I think Davidson is underrated, and as everyone has stated, not worth Trouba and that RNH doesn't have a defined role on the team (or at least one that makes sense when factoring salary) so it's definitely a pass.

That said I'd be interested to see what both sides think of a Myers-Davidson swap. I know he's coming off surgery so it wouldn't happen. Moreso value wise if he proves to be back to what he's been.

It's good to see a fan from another team recognize Davidson. He's a good player, pleasant surprise this year.

Right now, Myers is ahead of Davidson. I have some concerns with Myers lower body injuries and I want to see more of Davidson. Don't really have interest in moving Davidson.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I'd rather keep or shop Myers before considering Davidson for him. Keep Davidson for your own D. Jets fans have seen a 1 year wonder and don't wish to risk Myers on another.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd rather keep or shop Myers before considering Davidson for him. Keep Davidson for your own D. Jets fans have seen a 1 year wonder and don't wish to risk Myers on another.

Agreed. I would rather keep Davidson. It literally makes zero sense to trade for Trouba/Myers if Davidson is a piece going the other way.

Nugent-Hopkins also plays centre. RNH is awesome on the PK. Seriously, watch him and tell me what you see with your own eyes when he's out there on the PK. RNH on the PK probably showcases his hockey IQ better than any situation.

Yes, RNH is fairly skinny and frail. To me, he seems like a late bloomer and he won't physically mature for a few more years. Chia is very high on RNH's two-way game, plus he shelters Drai on the 2nd line.

It's hard to see RNH or Drai going anywhere. There's a reason why Chia declined the MTL deal for Subban. Centre's carry equivalent value to Dmen, unlike wingers.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Does the following move the dial?

To Winnipeg- Duchene
To Colorado- Trouba, Nugent-Hopkins
To Edmonton- Barrie

Yes, the Jets "don't need another forward", but Duchene is versatile enough to fill in on the first line LW until Laine has shown he is capable. From there he can bump down to form an elite second line with Ehlers and Little. I can't imagine Winnipeg landing a better player in a straight-across trade- better than RNH in some ways, even- and he only makes them a more formidable offensive club.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Does the following move the dial?

To Winnipeg- Duchene
To Colorado- Trouba, Nugent-Hopkins
To Edmonton- Barrie

Yes, the Jets "don't need another forward", but Duchene is versatile enough to fill on the first line LW until Laine has shown he is capable. From then he can bump down to form an elite second-line with Ehlers and Little. I can't imagine Winnipeg landing a better player in a straight-across trade- better than RNH in some ways, even- and he only makes them a more formidable offensive club.

I like Duchene, but in the near future we have Laine, Wheeler, Ehlers and Connor as top 4 wingers, and Scheifele and Little as the top two C. Duchene doesn't really fill a need.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
No chance.

Trouba will be signed before training camp.

Lowry and Lemieux will provide the grit once the Jets become a Stanley Cup contending team.

Perhaps trading Meyers+ for a top LD to pair with Trouba would help but the Jets are stacked at every position and simply need their prospects to mature.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I thought the Hall for Larrson trade showed the value of a young D with top pairing potential. You knew it wasn't going to come cheap, right?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I thought the Hall for Larrson trade showed the value of a young D with top pairing potential. You knew it wasn't going to come cheap, right?

Devils werent looking to unload Larsson. You needed overpayment to pry him out of their hands.

Here it is for us right now

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Sekera
Davidson Fayne
Reinhart.

The core defense of Larsson Klefbom Nurse, Reinhart and Davidson is just going to get better. For my money we are set on D . The core anyways.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Devils(Jets) werent (aren't) looking to unload Larsson (Trouba). You needed (You'll need) overpayment to pry him out of their hands.

Here it is for us right now

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse Sekera
Davidson Fayne
Reinhart.

The core defense of Larsson Klefbom Nurse, Reinhart and Davidson is just going to get better. For my money we are set on D . The core anyways.

See bolded above. Am only discussing this in regards to the OP. I don't think Edmonton should do this trade either.

It's good you're optimistic towards the Oilers D. Just discussing this in regards to the OP which while its closer to reality than these types of proposals were in the pre Hall-Larrson trade era, still doesn't address the fact the Jets arent exactly swimming in top 4 D and don't need a RNH type player (yet).

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I was under the assumption that Winnipeg needed better centers. Is Little cutting it?

:amazed: Little is really a very underrated center around here.
Him with LADD and Wheeler has carried the JETS for the first 4 years of their return to Winnipeg.

Little is a #1C, he is not a superstar C like Crosby , Toews, Malkin, Kopitar but pound for pound last 5 years he is a top 30C in the league.

So i think Little is cutting it.

now with Schiefele we have two #1 C, sometimes that equals 1 elite C but still, IMO i prefer an ELITE C.

As for the trade proposal RNH is good to have but he is not a necessity.
Trouba plays LHD for the JETS which the team has severe lack of after ENSTROM.

Only Morrissey is the light in the horizon but still that is not enough.

IMO, Lowry and Lemiuex will be a good bottom six guys that the JETS will need down the line. :D

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
RNH, IMO, would not be a 3rd line center. He'd be the #2 or #1 long term. Little has 2 years left.

There is also no need for Trouba. He's a RHD that will make the right side expensive. Buff, Myers, Trouba.

Buff-Enstrom
Myers-Davidson

Is a solid top 4 IMO.

Add to the fact that Winnipeg adds RNH.

Dude your not making any sense. Why would we give up a better to make room for inferior ones when we don't have a cap issue forcing us to or any other factor and were only get players back we don't need or want.

Your trying to force a trade offer that makes no sense. That's like telling the Oilers to trade McDavid b/c they have other centers....no sense.

Easy pass as all other jets fans have stated....take a hint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad