Proposal: Winnipeg-Edmonton

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't think the Jets would trade Lemieux at this point. He's exactly what we need in a bottom 6 role. Trouba? It would have to be a big overpayment for sure. Don't think that they want to trade him either. .
Maybe there's a deal around Myers plus Lowry to Edmonton

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Who's joking?

The same Oilers that would trade Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson would NOT pull the trigger on a deal surrounding Draisaitl for PK freaking Subban. Let alone Trouba.

If Dr. Drai came on the table, Jets would take it and run to the bank before anyone could realize it was a typo.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Bottom line here. Edmonton doesn't really have what the Jets would need. Klefbom is the only piece that Jets would be interested in. Davidson? Meh. Right now I think the Jets have a few Davidsons in their prospect pool. Don't need another. Good player but not someone the Jets would particularly trade for

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
The same Oilers that would trade Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson would NOT pull the trigger on a deal surrounding Draisaitl for PK freaking Subban. Let alone Trouba.

If Dr. Drai came on the table, Jets would take it and run to the bank before anyone could realize it was a typo.

Ok, I think this thread has already run its course, MODS??

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

This post makes no sense.

"Hey my organisation that made *insert joke of a trade here* would not make *insert actual value trade here*."

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Bottom line here. Edmonton doesn't really have what the Jets would need. Klefbom is the only piece that Jets would be interested in. Davidson? Meh. Right now I think the Jets have a few Davidsons in their prospect pool. Don't need another. Good player but not someone the Jets would particularly trade for

Ok, so Trouba for Klefbolm?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets don't need or have to trade Trouba. All these bs rumors out there. It's just that. BS.

If I'm oilers I'm calling Colorado about Barrie. Because I think he's more of a realistic option

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
5.5 or so I'd imagine.

The difference being the Jets have Scheif and Little. RNH would be 3rd line making 6 million. Trouba will be a top 4. Top 2 if he plays the left side of the D. That's the difference. Jets don't need RNH. I like RNH but at 6 million to be a 3rd line center..... it's a no

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not a fan of either.

RNH
Davidson

For

Trouba
Lowry
Lemieux

---

Winnipeg gets a nice one-two punch at center to compliment their wingers and a top 4 dman that's a RFA after his contract is done.

Edmonton gets a solid young right side dman, big young center and a solid winger prospect.

I ask for reasonable conversation, if you don't like it, at least say why.

Easy pass from Jets. Not insulting those Oilers players but:

- No need for Nuge.

- Davidson is a LHD but if we were to trade Trouba++......Davidson isn't the LHD we're looking for. Forget Lowry & Lemieux from this trade, forget Nuge.

If we traded Trouba we would want an equally talented, young, valuable LHD with similar potential as Trouba......Davidson is not that LHD.

Easy pass from Jets.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
5.5 or so I'd imagine.

The difference being the Jets have Scheif and Little. RNH would be 3rd line making 6 million. Trouba will be a top 4. Top 2 if he plays the left side of the D. That's the difference. Jets don't need RNH. I like RNH but at 6 million to be a 3rd line center..... it's a no

RNH, IMO, would not be a 3rd line center. He'd be the #2 or #1 long term. Little has 2 years left.

Easy pass from Jets. Not insulting those Oilers players but:

- No need for Nuge.

- Davidson is a LHD but if we were to trade Trouba++......Davidson isn't the LHD we're looking for. Forget Lowry & Lemieux from this trade, forget Nuge.

If we traded Trouba we would want an equally talented, young, valuable LHD with similar potential as Trouba......Davidson is not that LHD.

Easy pass from Jets.

There is also no need for Trouba. He's a RHD that will make the right side expensive. Buff, Myers, Trouba.

Buff-Enstrom
Myers-Davidson

Is a solid top 4 IMO.

Add to the fact that Winnipeg adds RNH.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
No interest in dealing with Trouba's agent or trading Davidson. Defeats the purpose of acquiring Dmen when we trade one of our few Dmen who actually showed promise away in the process.

Doesn't make sense for the Jets either. Easy pass from sides.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
RNH, IMO, would not be a 3rd line center. He'd be the #2 or #1 long term. Little has 2 years left.

There is also no need for Trouba. He's a RHD that will make the right side expensive. Buff, Myers, Trouba.

Buff-Enstrom
Myers-Davidson

Is a solid top 4 IMO.

Trouba plays top pair LD.

Trouba - Byfuglien
Enstrom - Myers

It seems you're being educated on the Jets roster.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Buff-Enstrom
Myers-Davidson

Is a solid top 4 IMO.

Trouba's already shown he can handle left defense fine. Davidson's played what, 60-70 games? It's hard to tell what his upside is without having really watched him this year not having heard anything about him until after his injury. I think we're pretty set on standing pat at this point unless it gets to a point where negotiations somehow turn sour and we can't sign him. What we ultimately need most is for our young players to mature and reach their potential before our vets start to decline. And for Mark Stuart and Brian Streit to never play a game in a Jets uniform. No freaking idea what Chevy was thinking with that signing..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad