Proposal: Winnipeg-Edmonton

Ttownjets61

Jun 1, 2016
If you don't understand the difference, then I'm sorry.

Well considering it was 2 years ago when Enstrom and Stuart(who sucks) both got hurt and with what little depth we had on the left, chiarot was forced to play top minutes. He excelled and the jets made the playoffs.

He crashed back down to earth this past season. Same situation as davidson. Forced into a bigger role and played well. However let's see him play a full season not just 51 games before he's considered an equal to trouba.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think this trade makes more sense than Jets fans realize.

As the season went on Davidson got better and better and when Klefbom was injured and Davidson was forced into playing on the first pairing his shot suppression and CORSI stats were incredibly encouraging. He's on a solid contract.

Lowry is a big bodied guy whose coming into his prime and it doesn't look like he's going to be a top 6 guy given how his offence hasn't really come along.... but I see him as a viable 3rd line C.

Trouba > RNH >>> Davidson >> Lowry

I think the value is good. And it doesn't leave either team compromised capwise.

Sorry zero interest in Davidson, he's proven nothing. Ben Chariot did the exact same thing for us, some believed he was a true top 4 guy, nope next year he proved he was a bottom pairing at best. Believe Davidson is real once he shows it over 1-2 years. For Oilers sake I hope he does develop into the real deal. But not trading anything of value for him unproven.

No need for Nugent, we need dman like Trouba, last thing we need is a high paid non Elite forward....we have too many already.

Damn I expect us to trade a 20+ goal guy to make room (Stafford).

Easy pass from Jets

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sorry zero interest in Davidson, he's proven nothing. Ben Chariot did the exact same thing for us, some believed he was a true top 4 guy, nope next year he proved he was a bottom pairing at best. Believe Davidson is real once he shows it over 1-2 years. For Oilers sake I hope he does develop into the real deal. But not trading anything of value for him unproven.

No need for Nugent, we need dman like Trouba, last thing we need is a high paid non Elite forward....we have too many already.

Damn I expect us to trade a 20+ goal guy to make room (Stafford).

Easy pass from Jets

Agreed, no offense to Davidson but we saw similar with Chariot. Looking back at Davidson's entire body of work shows a player who hasn't scored well as a pro with a career high is 13 points in the AHL. He's 24 and had a good 51 games. Maybe he is an exception that suddenly busts out in his mid 20's but he has proven next to nothing so far and most certainly doesn't get Chevy to pick up the phone.

Considering the plan is to move Perrault back to center the Jets have zero need for RNH as they already have a real strong 1-3 punch down the middle.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Not a fan of either.

RNH
Davidson

For

Trouba
Lowry
Lemieux

---

Winnipeg gets a nice one-two punch at center to compliment their wingers and a top 4 dman that's a RFA after his contract is done.

Edmonton gets a solid young right side dman, big young center and a solid winger prospect.

I ask for reasonable conversation, if you don't like it, at least say why.

RNH
Davidson

For

Myers
Lemieux
Lowry

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I think some other teams... Arizona being one would probably offer a better deal and would probably be ok taking a guy like stafford along with Trouba.

If trouba is dealt... probably a big if... I see Arizona being a logical destination.

Trouba Stafford for Strome and Stone or something like that.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Wouldn't go near that deal from Winnipeg's perspective.

Edmonton isn't a good trade partner for the Jets.

It doesn't make sense for EDM either. Davidson is one of the few D men who showed actual promise last year. And we still need Nugent-Hopkins to help shelter the load at centre off McDavid and Drai.

Completely agree on the last part. We just don't have the right pieces to match each others needs, we're not good trading partners.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Buff
Trouba
Myers

Scheifele
Little
RNH
Perreault

Oh, and apparently you don't know that Trouba can play both sides. How typical, you pretend to know how Winnipeg's salary structure works, when you actually know very little about the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad