Not a fan of either.

RNH
Davidson

For

Trouba
Lowry
Lemieux

---

Winnipeg gets a nice one-two punch at center to compliment their wingers and a top 4 dman that's a RFA after his contract is done.

Edmonton gets a solid young right side dman, big young center and a solid winger prospect.

I ask for reasonable conversation, if you don't like it, at least say why.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
We need a LHD, we don't need any centres, we have more centres than we know what to do with. Easy pass. This has been stated ad nauseum to previous trade proposals.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
We need a LHD, we don't need any centres, we have more centres than we know what to do with. Easy pass. This has been stated ad nauseum to previous trade proposals.

Davidson is a LHD. I do see the issue of Scheifele, Little, and Nugent-Hopkins being at center.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I would do it from an EDM standpoint. Those 3 guys add a lot of size and grit that is needed.

Also, just wanted to mention that Davidson will probably be underrated by most here. He is a solid LHD with good upside. Giving him up hurts but the Oilers are pretty strong the on left side.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not a fan of either.

RNH
Davidson

For

Trouba
Lowry
Lemieux

---

Winnipeg gets a nice one-two punch at center to compliment their wingers and a top 4 dman that's a RFA after his contract is done.

Edmonton gets a solid young right side dman, big young center and a solid winger prospect.

I ask for reasonable conversation, if you don't like it, at least say why.

I keep Trouba over RNH and Lowry+Lemieux over Davidson.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Well no, he's not better than Trouba.

RNH and Davidson, IMO is, thats why the add.

Value wise looks good to me. I just think the Oilers would rather add a defenseman and not give up a good one that will be on their roster next year at the same time.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Value wise looks good to me. I just think the Oilers would rather add a defenseman and not give up a good one that will be on their roster next year at the same time.

Well I look at it as Sekera and Klefbolm cover the top 2 spots on the left side, and Larsson and Trouba would cover the other 2 spots on the right side.

There would be competition for the last spots from several players, but that top 4 would be solid.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was under the assumption that Winnipeg needed better centers. Is Little cutting it?

Is Little cutting it? Yes he's cutting it. :shakehead Most underrated player in the NHL. Solid 1C who is being overtaken by Scheifele because Scheifele is coming on so strongly.

Wouldn't do Trouba alone for those 2 even if we did need a C but RNH is 3C for the Jets. Sorry not even close.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Davidson is REAL good, I didn't know about him for the majority of the season. His underlying stats are pretty great, and from Edmonton fan's opinions of him he's great for the 2nd pairing I think?

I don't know about this deal, but I think Edmonton should keep Davidson.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
How about this one

RNH

For

Jets 1st rounder
Scheffle
Jane

What the hell is this? I'm an Oiler fan and instantly reject on behalf of the Jets.

OP I would do without much thought, meaning Jets probably wouldn't.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Is Little cutting it? Yes he's cutting it. :shakehead Most underrated player in the NHL. Solid 1C who is being overtaken by Scheifele because Scheifele is coming on so strongly.

Wouldn't do Trouba alone for those 2 even if we did need a C but RNH is 3C for the Jets. Sorry not even close.

1) He was honestly stating that he didn't know about Little. No need to be offended. He's a high end 2nd line C.

2) You wouldn't do Trouba for RNH and Davidson straight up? Have you even watched Davidson play? :shakehead

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Davidson is REAL good, I didn't know about him for the majority of the season. His underlying stats are pretty great, and from Edmonton fan's opinions of him he's great for the 2nd pairing I think?

I don't know about this deal, but I think Edmonton should keep Davidson.

Yeah, Davidson is under the radar good, I expect everyone to have wind of him by this time next year. Or hope anyway, in Edmonton I know how quickly something can be a mirage but he seems like the real deal. And I HATED him off the bat. Did nothing but make me eat crow.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Jets pass. Why? Because 6 million for RNH to be more than likely the 3rd line center doesn't work. Jets would rather keep Trouba. Lemieux is also highly thought of by the Jets. Lowry? Not sure. But jets say no. Don't think there's a match unless oilers want Myers

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Ok, I disagree, but I feel arguing the point with you wouldn't change your mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->