Proposal: Winnipeg-Edmonton

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If I'm oilers I'm calling Colorado about Barrie. Because I think he's more of a realistic option

C'mon, leave us out of it.

Does the following move the dial?

To Winnipeg- Duchene
To Colorado- Trouba, Nugent-Hopkins
To Edmonton- Barrie

Too late.

The rumors circling with the Avs and both teams haven't been good for the Avs IMO. This would fix that. You two work something out. ;)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
5.5 or so I'd imagine.

The difference being the Jets have Scheif and Little. RNH would be 3rd line making 6 million. Trouba will be a top 4. Top 2 if he plays the left side of the D. That's the difference. Jets don't need RNH. I like RNH but at 6 million to be a 3rd line center..... it's a no

I'm not sure how badly I want to make this trade, that said...

Penguins had the most overpaid 3rd liner in the league and he almost won himself a Conn Smythe. RNH facing 3rd liners with Connor and Stafford could be a huge prouter.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
0 chance this works for the Jets, along with being bad value.

I wouldn't move Trouba for RNH, but they are at least close in value. That being said, in no way is moving both Lowry and Lemieux close for Davidson.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Penguins had the most overpaid 3rd liner in the league and he almost won himself a Conn Smythe. RNH facing 3rd liners with Connor and Stafford could be a huge prouter.

And not having Trouba would eventually push us to the same situation as you are (or were) in. No defense, way too much young offense. We only have our four top 4 guys, Morrissey and that's it. Nothing worth mentioning.

Trouba is not available for anything you want to give up. Understood?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Pens managed to do it without parting with anything significant from their roster, though.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Bottom line here. Edmonton doesn't really have what the Jets would need. Klefbom is the only piece that Jets would be interested in. Davidson? Meh. Right now I think the Jets have a few Davidsons in their prospect pool. Don't need another. Good player but not someone the Jets would particularly trade for

While I agree that Edmonton probably doesn't have the kind of assets Winnipeg is looking for, you guys don't have any prospect like Davidson. Dude is so manly that testicular cancer didn't effect his development.

When Klefbom was hurt he was thrown to the wolves and was forced to play really, REALLY big minutes and he somehow came out looking awesome. While he doesn't pass the puck a whole lot (he does a very good job of skating it out of the zone) or get assists, his defensive numbers are off the charts and his slap shot looks really, REALLY good when he uses it.

On the Jets he'd be your 2nd LHD behind Enstrom and there isn't a single LHD in your organization who'd have a chance at pushing him down the depth chart. If we see a little more improvement out of him this season I'd honestly take him over Enstrom, but he has to come back and show us that he can continue to play at that level before I'd make such a brash judgement.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
While I agree that Edmonton probably doesn't have the kind of assets Winnipeg is looking for, you guys don't have any prospect like Davidson. Dude is so manly that testicular cancer didn't effect his development.

When Klefbom was hurt he was thrown to the wolves and was forced to play really, REALLY big minutes and he somehow came out looking awesome. While he doesn't pass the puck a whole lot (he does a very good job of skating it out of the zone) or get assists, his defensive numbers are off the charts and his slap shot looks really, REALLY good when he uses it.

On the Jets he'd be your 2nd LHD behind Enstrom and there isn't a single LHD in your organization who'd have a chance at pushing him down the depth chart. If we see a little more improvement out of him this season I'd honestly take him over Enstrom, but he has to come back and show us that he can continue to play at that level before I'd make such a brash judgement.

Could you also take these two things into consideration?

1) With Trouba, we do not have a glaring need for Davidson. Trouba will likely play LHD with Buff, which would push Davidson down to the third pairing. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him, but he does not replace Trouba in any way. You are just trying to justify giving up our defense's cornerstone for the future. Think what Klefbom meant to you before Larsson was acquired. That's Trouba. Valuable as hell.

2) What kind of message would trading Davidson give to the fans? The team with a poor defense for a decade trading away one of the very few NHL defensemen they've drafted and developed? Besides, you need Davidson's cheap contract if you're acquiring another defenseman.

Believe me, there's no deal to be had.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
There is also no need for Trouba. He's a RHD that will make the right side expensive. Buff, Myers, Trouba.

Buff-Enstrom
Myers-Davidson

Is a solid top 4 IMO.

Add to the fact that Winnipeg adds RNH.

Trouba plays the left buddy....

Trouba to Davidson is a downgrade to our defense, which would only result in more Mark "Penalty Kill" Stuart TOI. RNH is a good player, but he'd be the 3rd line center right now. How about something around Trouba and Little for RNH and Klefbom. That would fit the Jets needs. (Obviously Oilers don't go for it)

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
RNH, IMO, would not be a 3rd line center. He'd be the #2 or #1 long term. Little has 2 years left.

There is also no need for Trouba. He's a RHD that will make the right side expensive. Buff, Myers, Trouba.

Buff-Enstrom
Myers-Davidson

Is a solid top 4 IMO.

Add to the fact that Winnipeg adds RNH.

I just wanted to quote this post for a few reasons.

When you say that there's no need for Trouba, it's pretty clear that you do not have a f***ing clue of the Jets.

If you don't know what you're talking about, do not post.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Could you also take these two things into consideration?

1) With Trouba, we do not have a glaring need for Davidson. Trouba will likely play LHD with Buff, which would push Davidson down to the third pairing. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him, but he does not replace Trouba in any way. You are just trying to justify giving up our defense's cornerstone for the future. Think what Klefbom meant to you before Larsson was acquired. That's Trouba. Valuable as hell.

2) What kind of message would trading Davidson give to the fans? The team with a poor defense for a decade trading away one of the very few NHL defensemen they've drafted and developed? Besides, you need Davidson's cheap contract if you're acquiring another defenseman.

Believe me, there's no deal to be had.

1) I really don't think you guys want to hold onto Trouba. I think that at some point this year or next you'll trade Trouba or Myers and in return you guys will be looking for a LHD that's better than anyone else you've got right now.

2) Yeah. I say this about Klefbom all of the time.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
1) I really don't think you guys want to hold onto Trouba. I think that at some point this year or next you'll trade Trouba or Myers and in return you guys will be looking for a LHD that's better than anyone else you've got right now.

Now the Jets don't want Trouba. US Jets fans learn something new each day.:sarcasm:

6 God

Jul 12, 2013
Easy pass. Swap RNH with Drai and I still pass.

Yet your GM was willing to do a 1 for 1 swap of Nurse and Trouba?

Anyways, the Jets are a pretty good team already. I don't think they're in any rush to move Trouba, and have the luxury of waiting for the package they actually want - so a similarly skilled LHD.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

1) There has been absolutely zero indication of either of those two being traded anytime soon (and Myers gets dealt WAAAAY before Trouba, should that happen). With defense being our weak point AND Trouba probably being one of our most valuable assets, why would we trade him for a forward? It does not make any sense. Which brings me to the second point...

2) ...you acknowledge the importance of Klefbom. You even partially understand what we have in our blue line. Why do you think that we want to give up Trouba, when he's a big part of what we have right now?

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
I don't think oilers should move either RNH or Davidson. It's time to sit back and let the team develop a bit this season. Move RNH and were 1 injury away from having letestu as our #2 center. That's not good.
I'm curious to see if RNH will be more aggressive offensively in terms of creating now that hall is gone.

Defensively, we shouldn't add anyone significant until after expansion draft. We have to protect sekera, klefbom, larsson so adding a Barrie or trouba this year makes no sense unless we involve Sekera in the deal.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Yet your GM was willing to do a 1 for 1 swap of Nurse and Trouba?

Anyways, the Jets are a pretty good team already. I don't think they're in any rush to move Trouba, and have the luxury of waiting for the package they actually want - so a similarly skilled LHD.

Where was that reported?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Darren Dreger reported it:

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...-down-trade-of-jacob-trouba-for-darnell-nurse

EDIT: just read it again. He says to get Trouba, the Oilers would have to trade Nurse, and that's not a price they're willing to pay for Jacob Trouba. My bad.

haha, yeah bud I don't think so. Trouba is only a year better than Nurse and all three of his NHL seasons were far superior to Nurse's 21 year old season. Nurse isn't close to Trouba, as a valuable young asset or as a hockey player

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Trouba just doesn't have the offense for the Oilers to be moving quality assets. The Oilers back end is still a blackhole and he doesn't help that.
PP QB please.
I'd move Klefbom for Trouba(yes I know Jets fans wouldnt)
Then move Draisaitl for Fowler

Sekera-Larsson
Fowler-Trouba
Davidson-Fayne

Nurse, and Reinhart in the AHL

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
haha, yeah bud I don't think so. Trouba is only a year better than Nurse and all three of his NHL seasons were far superior to Nurse's 21 year old season. Nurse isn't close to Trouba, as a valuable young asset or as a hockey player
nice name. It fits your posts perfectly

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
nice name. It fits your posts perfectly

Wait you're going to insult me but at the same time claim that Nurse's rookie year was anywhere close to anything Trouba has proven at the NHL level? :laugh:

If you want an appropriate username yourself I doubt anyone is using 'Foolish hypocrite'

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It's not like what he said isn't true.

Trouba > Nurse

Trouba is playing on the top pair. Nurse could find himself in the AHL.

Trouba spent a lot of time on the third pair, let's not make him out to be a top pair guy when he isn't that yet. He will be, and he is better than Nurse, but let's not proclaim him as something he isn't. It removes credibility from your otherwise correct statement.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Trouba spent a lot of time on the third pair, let's not make him out to be a top pair guy when he isn't that yet. He will be, and he is better than Nurse, but let's not proclaim him as something he isn't. It removes credibility from your otherwise correct statement.

Trouba was third on the Jets in TOI averaging 22:03 a night, 34 seconds a night less than Myers who was #2 overall. What are you even talking about?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Wait you're going to insult me but at the same time claim that Nurse's rookie year was anywhere close to anything Trouba has proven at the NHL level? :laugh:

If you want an appropriate username yourself I doubt anyone is using 'Foolish hypocrite'
no i was calling you out regarding your statement that Nurse isn't a valuable young asset. Sure he's not at Troubas level but it's not like Trouba has a top pairing defenseman either after 3 full NHL seasons. He still has potential but hasn't shown that he will be a top pairing just like Nurse hasn't shown he can be 2nd pairing.
Less experienced defenseman always look better behind a true top pairing unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad