OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2019 Off Season Thread

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Because I have time to drive down to Winnipeg to catch this game. Don’t have time to drive down to Minneapolis or Green Bay. Neither do a handful of friends who are also interested in checking out the game.

The end zone seat pricing is insane, but that goes for all events at IGF.

Lots of people in Manitoba who are NFL fans seem to find time to drive down to Minny to catch a game. Heck, the Vikings best known fan is a Winnipegger. And you can go to a regular season game along with a few other attractions, plus gas and hotel for 3-nights for nearly the cost of the average ticket price for this exhibition game. My bet is many NFL fans here will pass because of the reasons i stated.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I attended a Vikings regular season game in Minneapolis. Lower bowl 20 yard line for $120.

Sure, on the secondary market. What do Vikings tickets go for at face value through Ticketmaster? Doesn’t look like you’re getting into the lower bowl for less than $250 USD in the regular season.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Because I have time to drive down to Winnipeg to catch this game. Don’t have time to drive down to Minneapolis or Green Bay. Neither do a handful of friends who are also interested in checking out the game.

The end zone seat pricing is insane, but that goes for all events at IGF.

$20 for Valour FC games is not insane. $40 and $50 end zone seats for the Bombers look like a bargain actually!

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
And lots of people I know who have flat out said they would rather watch NFL preseason than the Grey Cup.

Lots of people probably isn't that many though. What is that - a few dozen? It's anecdotal. Take a look at pre-sales. It's easy to find a code and they have barely made on dent on ticketmaster. Pre-sale for massively hyped events usually results in a sale of most seats nowadays. That is clearly not happening here.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Lots of people in Manitoba who are NFL fans seem to find time to drive down to Minny to catch a game. Heck, the Vikings best known fan is a Winnipegger. And you can go to a regular season game along with a few other attractions, plus gas and hotel for 3-nights for nearly the cost of the average ticket price for this exhibition game. My bet is many NFL fans here will pass because of the reasons i stated.

You might be right. But I think the novelty factor, FOMO, Winnipeg pride, etc. is big as well.

I highly doubt the NFL will ever set foot in Winnipeg again, so this is one of those crazy, planets all aligning kind of event that I think many will want to be a part of.

Reactions: sipowicz

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
$20 for Valour FC games is not insane. $40 and $50 end zone seats for the Bombers look like a bargain actually!

I enjoy the experience sitting in the cheaper nosebleeds way more than I enjoy sitting in the more expensive end zone seats where you can barely see what’s going on at the other end of the field.

End zone seats were always the cheapest at the old Stadium, not sure exactly why that changed when they moved to IGF.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I enjoy the experience sitting in the cheaper nosebleeds way more than I enjoy sitting in the more expensive end zone seats where you can barely see what’s going on at the other end of the field.

End zone seats were always the cheapest at the old Stadium, not sure exactly why that changed when they moved to IGF.

Oh i do too. Upper deck is better. For soccer it's not so much of a big deal as you don't have to worry about yardage gained like in football. Those $20 Valour seats are a great deal...cheaper for kids in the family section as well.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
CFL made a good choice by picking Winnipeg for this preseason game. IG Field is one of the newest facilities in the CFL and from what I hear also possibly the best in terms of quality.

This game more than anything is advertising the league to the players in this game about to be cut. The number of times I've heard some of the best American players in the CFL say they had not heard about the league until they got a call from their agent. Or the ones that have heard of the league think any city outside of Toronto is just 6 people sitting in a snow drift in the middle of August.

It's a great opportunity for the league to show players that there are professional facilities, good cities and great fans in a place they might not have considered playing before.

I hope we sell it out and go crazy for this game.....even if I'm not willing to pay those prices as a Packers fan.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The ticket map is hilarious. P10s = gone. Sold out. Most of the first 5-6 rows in the upper deck sold as well.

Still have your pick of lower bowl seats, to put it lightly. :laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Argos released Anthony Coombs. I know we have Harris already, but I wonder if the Bombers take a run at him?

Reactions: TS Quint

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Pretty cool to get an NFL game up in Winnipeg (even though it's only preseason)
Doubt I'll be able to go, but I hope it goes well

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What about the absolutely awful exchange rate ? You are not going to Minneapolis for a regular season game for 300 Canadian , gas, hotel, food and a ticket to the game is gonna be waaaaaaaay more than 300 Canadian , more like 700 to a 1000 dollars Canadian .

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
I went to an NFL preseason game in San Francisco in 2012 - Vikings vs. 49ers. Endzone seats about three rows from the very top. Roughly $100 USD per ticket.

It was, by a very wide margin, the most boring sports event I've ever attended.

Also, the coldest I've ever been at a football game, and I've been to Grey Cups in Winnipeg. When the August fog comes through in San Francisco, you pray for a blizzard to warm you up.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I went to an NFL preseason game in San Francisco in 2012 - Vikings vs. 49ers. Endzone seats about three rows from the very top. Roughly $100 USD per ticket.

It was, by a very wide margin, the most boring sports event I've ever attended.

Also, the coldest I've ever been at a football game, and I've been to Grey Cups in Winnipeg. When the August fog comes through in San Francisco, you pray for a blizzard to warm you up.

Yes. Our city motto should be...

Shut up. It's a dry cold. :laugh:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Just as I say I wouldn't go because the prices are too high, my brother phones and says "I bought 2 200 dollar tickets! Where going to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Just as I say I wouldn't go because the prices are too high, my brother phones and says "I bought 2 200 dollar tickets! Where going to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol

That's great news! Hopefully more people will take the opportunity to attend this game. We're quite fortunate to be getting not just one but two legendary NFL teams coming to Winnipeg.

:jets

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
That's great news! Hopefully more people will take the opportunity to attend this game. We're quite fortunate to be getting not just one but two legendary NFL teams coming to Winnipeg.

:jets

If someone bought me a $200 ticket, I would be in. :nod:

No, actually I'm going to hold out for Pinnacle Club. Just in case the weather's bad, I want an indoor option. :laugh:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Argos released Anthony Coombs. I know we have Harris already, but I wonder if the Bombers take a run at him?

Coombs isn't a RB. Harris wouldn't be affected.

Coombs would be a backup to Demski if signed. Depending on money it might be worth it but it seems like Bombers are fairly happy with Petermann and Simonise as backup wrs.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Coombs isn't a RB. Harris wouldn't be affected.

Coombs would be a backup to Demski if signed. Depending on money it might be worth it but it seems like Bombers are fairly happy with Petermann and Simonise as backup wrs.

Isn’t he a RB/WR? I could be wrong, but he was a running back for the Bisons. I wanted to draft Coombs back in 2014 but our O-Line was so garbage back then that we had to take a lineman.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Isn’t he a RB/WR? I could be wrong, but he was a running back for the Bisons. I wanted to draft Coombs back in 2014 but our O-Line was so garbage back then that we had to take a lineman.
Yep he can play both. But his body just can't handle being a RB.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad