Winning in Manhattan - Habs Win 3-1, 1ST IN EAST!!!!

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Love how they (the Rangers) just started using the ''boring'' term all of a sudden. I can honestly feel the butthurt in their words. Just take the L, sore losers and focus on YOUR play instead! You just got beat a team that was playing back-to-backs. The fact that they were playing ''boringly'' doesn't change the result and the standings, at the end of the day.

Haha, at least we're aggressively boring instead of passively boring and NOT very defensively focused under Jacques Martin. ;)

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Err...perhaps not, but I don't mean it in a disrespectful way by any means. I'm just curious. The city and the entire fanbase is clearly, and rightly in love with this guy. How could you not be?

But...would the fanbase love him MORE if he was a Francophone?

That's all I meant.

You're new around here--and I don't mean that in a patronizing way--and I won't pretend I'm a veteran here or anything. But I do have one advice for you:

I understand you didn't mean bad, but the language issue is a debate you should avoid around here, no matter if you are the one starting the debate or not. The moderators will love you for it ;).

Lizard King*

That game will be telling. They are horrific 5 on 5, there's no reason to lose to them at home, we have the tools to contain Tavares...but riding a 5 game winning streak, coming off 2 big wins against quality opponents, at the top of the East...this has all the makings of a letdown game that past Habs team would lose. MT will have to work like a dog to keep the team grounded and focused for that game.
All win streaks come to an end and every bottom team gets a couple of wins per season. I have a gut feeling it might be a loss as well.

Either way I'm hoping for the best.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
LOL @ Torts and Lundqvist

Yeah, I would have been mad too if a team comes to your house, plays an extremely conservative and boring game and you couldn't do **** about it but watch that team leave with 2 points because that said team was disciplined, structured, patient and opportunistic. (Oh and by the way, that team played back to back, played 5 games in last 8 nights.)

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
PK is wearing a muzzle, a leash, and a bit and reins. He's been made to go against his instincts and natural talent. Sorry, don't like or at all.

PK's just not very good at manning a PP. He's too slow making decisions and his passing isn't great. Imo Diaz is better on the PP. They're not holding him back either. They getting him to refine his overall game. He wasn't great tonight imo. He stopped playing after he got called on the interference on the Rangers goal (waved his hand in the air to the ref when the play was still going) and he almost caused another one when he fell with the puck behind his own net. Though Cole was much worse on that goal. Just completely stopped playing as if he heard a whistle.

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
PK is wearing a muzzle, a leash, and a bit and reins. He's been made to go against his instincts and natural talent. Sorry, don't like or at all.

Yeah, I distinctly remember his instincts costing us in the playoffs once, and it was against the Bruins. Such plays should NOT be made every again.

Oh, and it's very true he can't man a power play. We wouldn't have Tomas Kaberle if the power play actually worked prior to that trade (or the Wisniewski trade)

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Pretty sure Bullion was born in NYC to a Haitian and a Quebecker.
Bouillon was born in NYC to Canadian parents. And as a child of a serving
Canadian diplomat, he is Canadian.

His father once worked in Haiti. Again as a Canadian diplomat, working
with the UN. I will be surprised if his mother is Haitian.

And as to, where within Canada, I believe both of his parents are
from Quebec.

Anyway,he's not American.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Bouillon was born in NYC to Canadian parents. And as a child of a serving
Canadian diplomat, he is Canadian.

His father once worked in Haiti. Again as a Canadian diplomat, working
with the UN. I will be surprised if his mother is Haitian.

And as to, where within Canada, I believe both of his parents are
from Quebec.

Anyway,he's not American.

Why the hell does his nationality matter?

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
You're new around here--and I don't mean that in a patronizing way--and I won't pretend I'm a veteran here or anything. But I do have one advice for you:

I understand you didn't mean bad, but the language issue is a debate you should avoid around here, no matter if you are the one starting the debate or not. The moderators will love you for it ;).

I appreciate the advice and again, I'm not looking to ruffle anyone's feathers, and if I have, I truly apologize. I understand this is a relatively touchy subject. Perhaps I am a bit naive to the issue seing as I live in Toronto, but I remember the love-fest for Latendresse and he wasn't half as good as Galchenyuk has been.

No matter where he hails from, or what language he speaks, this kid is absolutely unreal! The poise that he displays with the puck and the plays he is able to make at high speed are truly elite. This kid is going to be really, really good.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Loved that Galch finally scored again, and Max usually scores in bunches so I expect him to heat up over the next week. Very winnable games coming up, but we can't get cocky. NYI, NYR, @OTT can all be won, and @TOR and PIT will be challenges. Hopefully confidence will continue to build in the first three and let us bring our A game in the last two.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I'm not a francophone, actually a Chinese-American, and I believe that Montreal fans would go to war for anyone who wears the Canadiens jersey and has at least earned a little respect from them based on this: fans were calling 911 after the Chara-Pacioretty incident.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Another strong game for Emelin. Glad he's doing better.

Desharnais has also been pretty good lately.

Cole has been really frustrating to watch. Terrible, lazy play on the Rangers' goal, then a very strong shift that leads to Pacioretty's goal.

He has been solid. I would like to see his stats for the last 5 games. No goals against, I am pretty sure.

:handclap:

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
His father is Haitian, and his mother is from Quebec.

Due to being born in the USA, he also holds American citizenship and this is the country he has represented on international level.

Either way, great win for our Canadiens. I love to compare stats from this season and the last season, such a contrast. The only thing that worries me right now is Erik Cole. He has been poor in every aspect of the game, something has to change.

Let's see if Therrien has enough courage to scratch him when Gallagher comes back.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
PK's just not very good at manning a PP. He's too slow making decisions and his passing isn't great. Imo Diaz is better on the PP. They're not holding him back either. They getting him to refine his overall game. He wasn't great tonight imo. He stopped playing after he got called on the interference on the Rangers goal (waved his hand in the air to the ref when the play was still going) and he almost caused another one when he fell with the puck behind his own net. Though Cole was much worse on that goal. Just completely stopped playing as if he heard a whistle.

I was as stunned by the "who me?" as anyone else. An immature and pointless act. I never said PK doesn't have room for improvement. Quite the opposite. But he is the best athlete on the team IMO, with as much potential to be a star as Galchenyuk. Didn't see a skater tonight who didn't make a mistake. But PK is ALWAYS singled out.

I just feel he needs mentoring rather than strangulation.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He's sort of describing his own team. Your team has Gaborik and Richards and you play like that? At home? Against a tired team?

Yeah I've heard...not seeing the link between our win and it though, aside from Harlem being in NY, lol.

Next time on 24CH, Galchenyuk leads the Harlem Shake in the Habs lockeroom of the MSG.

:sarcasm:

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
That Tortorella comment... weird. That's really not how I saw that game.

I saw two top tier teams playing their ass off in the corners and in the neutral zone for every inch of ice, blocking a total of 35 shots on both teams, and with very minimal relapses in effort and in concentration - despite having one team completely gassed.

Tough, tough tight game. Goals (minus the empty netter) scored from right in front of the net. Goalies that gave nothing.

It looked disjointed, and it was almost more soccer than hockey, but damn me if it was a game of bad teams.

Exactly this is an excellent post. I was really entertained for the first couple periods it was like a chess match. The Rangers were actually outhabbing the Habs breaking up plays, blocking shots and getting in lanes...using quick counterattacks and speed in the opposite direction.

Montreal played better in the third....an excellent Galchenyuk play and an empty netter and Bam.

I thought it was clear through that game that both teams were excellently coached.

Montreal is really working hard and supporting the puck carrier. :yo:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yeah, I distinctly remember his instincts costing us in the playoffs once, and it was against the Bruins. Such plays should NOT be made every again.

Oh, and it's very true he can't man a power play. We wouldn't have Tomas Kaberle if the power play actually worked prior to that trade (or the Wisniewski trade)

Oh, the 21 year old couldn't quarterback the PP? No kidding. One day he will. I'm not suggesting he takes Markov's PP minutes, but the even strength ones. Markov is already folding after 15 games. He needs to be limited to make it to the playoffs, and when we get there, we will really need him.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I was as stunned by the "who me?" as anyone else. An immature and pointless act. I never said PK doesn't have room for improvement. Quite the opposite. But he is the best athlete on the team IMO, with as much potential to be a star as Galchenyuk. Didn't see a skater tonight who didn't make a mistake. But PK is ALWAYS singled out.

I just feel he needs mentoring rather than strangulation.

I doubt he is actually being "strangled". Ineffective and suboptimal plays have no place in this game, and a player being likeable does not excuse that. So far, PK has been improving in the cutting down on those suboptimal plays. He has been making passes instead of hogging the puck up the ice and then losing it in a 1-on-many situation. He has quicken his shot instead of winding up every time.

People rag on guys like Eller for not playing well, but if Subban makes a mistake, it gets brushed under the rug like a parent who spoils his children, as if he's already top dog and better than the fusion of Erik Karlsson and Niklas Lidstrom.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Gotta love his celebration.

75556_10151481491336745_1551113854_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad