Winning in Manhattan - Habs Win 3-1, 1ST IN EAST!!!!

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Off topic but does anyone know if we can bring DSLR's to the Bell Centre? I just got amazing tickets for tomorrow's game and I'd love to bring my camera but I'm not sure if it's allowed.

"The use of cameras, tape recorders and laser pointers is also prohibited"

Written on the back of my tickets.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Off topic but does anyone know if we can bring DSLR's to the Bell Centre? I just got amazing tickets for tomorrow's game and I'd love to bring my camera but I'm not sure if it's allowed.

It depends how close you are.

I was in the D - Red's two years ago for the Koivu return to MTL - and my girlfriend was allowed. However we had CC vs New Jersey Devils this season, and we were told we weren't allowed, the security guard said he would let it go if we didn't take too many images. But he said it was very risky and if another security guard would see us taking a picture with it, they would likely tell us to put it back or even confiscate it.

So my recommendation. Bring it. If you have seats in the Prestige/Plantinum or very close to a guard in the reds, let him know.. Maybe he will allow you.

Anywhere else besides the red, you shouldn't have a problem.

Yeah. That's really stopped so many people in every concert and every sports event to stop taking pictures.

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
It depends how close you are.

I was in the D - Red's two years ago for the Koivu return to MTL - and my girlfriend was allowed. However we had CC vs New Jersey Devils this season, and we were told we weren't allowed, the security guard said he would let it go if we didn't take too many images. But he said it was very risky and if another security guard would see us taking a picture with it, they would likely tell us to put it back or even confiscate it.

So my recommendation. Bring it. If you have seats in the Prestige/Plantinum or very close to a guard in the reds, let him know.. Maybe he will allow you.

Anywhere else besides the red, you shouldn't have a problem.

Yeah. That's really stopped so many people in every concert and every sports event to stop taking pictures.

Thanks.

I don't have the tickets with me but I know they're in Club Desjardins... I think it may even be front row Club Desjardins. I know they check bags at the entrance so the guards will obviously see it since it's kinda hard to hide DSLRs. They wouldn't actually stop me from going in though, right? That's the only thing I'm worried about.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks.

I don't have the tickets with me but I know they're in Club Desjardins... I think it may even be front row Club Desjardins. I know they check bags at the entrance so the guards will obviously see it since it's kinda hard to hide DSLRs. They wouldn't actually stop me from going in though, right? That's the only thing I'm worried about.

We weren't checked at the gate. So I can't answer that. I don't think they'll tell you your not allowed in. Probably just tell you, you aren't allowed.. and tell you that if you're caught, you might get it confiscated. Big maybe. We had a pretty obvious bag, and we weren't checked..

My recommendation, maybe go early or where ever there is a big crowd... I doubt they'll take the time to search everyone if there is a big crowd.

I wouldnt worry about taking pictures with a DSLR in Desjardins. Anyway, if anything happens, you'll probably get one warning.. tell them "You didn't know" no matter how stupid that sounds - at that point, just put it away.

BTW - Not sure if you've ever been in Desjardins. But I can say I've been everywhere in the Bell Center [except the Lounge or pressbox].. from the wall at the top of the Bell Center to tapping on the glass behind the net... I had a few Desjardins seats one year, right in the middle of the ice, and besides AA seats. Those Desjardins seats were my favorite. You have a perfect view, you aren't too low or too high.. and the food is free, endlessly free... doesn't get better than that (even if some of the food isn't always great)

void

Jan 5, 2006
We weren't checked at the gate. So I can't answer that. I don't think they'll tell you your not allowed in. Probably just tell you, you aren't allowed.. and tell you that if you're caught, you might get it confiscated. Big maybe. We had a pretty obvious bag, and we weren't checked..

My recommendation, maybe go early or where ever there is a big crowd... I doubt they'll take the time to search everyone if there is a big crowd.

I wouldnt worry about taking pictures with a DSLR in Desjardins. Anyway, if anything happens, you'll probably get one warning.. tell them "You didn't know" no matter how stupid that sounds - at that point, just put it away.

BTW - Not sure if you've ever been in Desjardins. But I can say I've been everywhere in the Bell Center [except the Lounge or pressbox].. from the wall at the top of the Bell Center to tapping on the glass behind the net... I had a few Desjardins seats one year, right in the middle of the ice, and besides AA seats. Those Desjardins seats were my favorite. You have a perfect view, you aren't too low or too high.. and the food is free, endlessly free... doesn't get better than that (even if some of the food isn't always great)

Every time I went to the Bell Centre they checked my bag... Hopefully the won't tomorrow. I think I'll take your advice and bring it. I doubt they'll kick me out for taking pictures. :laugh:

Never sat in the Desjardins section but I keep hearing how amazing the seats are so I'm really excited! Free food is definitely a plus as well. :D

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

For whatever reason, this reminds me of a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Bell Centre (around 2003).

"Please be advised that smoking is forbidden in the Bell Centre."

Hundreds of people light up their smokes and spliffs at the same time.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Every time I went to the Bell Centre they checked my bag... Hopefully the won't tomorrow. I think I'll take your advice and bring it. I doubt they'll kick me out for taking pictures. :laugh:

Never sat in the Desjardins section but I keep hearing how amazing the seats are so I'm really excited! Free food is definitely a plus as well. :D

The view is nice but the food tastes like garbage at least last time i was there it was awfull.

For the camera hide it in your coat or something like that, when i bring my own liquor to the impact games i hide it in my pants i'm not saying you do the same with a camera tough it would look pretty suspicious...

You put it in the sleeve of your coat and you won't have a problem. If the catch you with a camera they are within their right to not let you enter with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad