Winning in Manhattan - Habs Win 3-1, 1ST IN EAST!!!!

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Seeing him play with Eller was entertaining, they both seem to click, much like Eller did with Kostitsyn. He is all of this at 18, wow is the word, he is a special player. Very smart, knows where to go and although not physical he never looks bad, great ability, feels good knowing we what we have.

He will gain mass in years to come. He will become much tougher to push around. He is not afraid to go in front of the net and in the corner. Thats what we call grit.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Love how they (the Rangers) just started using the ''boring'' term all of a sudden. I can honestly feel the butthurt in their words. Just take the L, sore losers and focus on YOUR play instead! You just got beat a team that was playing back-to-backs. The fact that they were playing ''boringly'' doesn't change the result and the standings, at the end of the day.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
What would happen if Galchenyuk was a Francophone too?

What's the point of this post? He would then speak french. He'd still be just as valuable a member of this team as he is now. People need to stop trying to start language debate threads out of nothing.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009

or if he played in Toronto and was from Toronto
or playing with Vancouver and was actually from Vancouver
or drafted by New York and was actually from New York..

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Not a very useful post my friend.

Err...perhaps not, but I don't mean it in a disrespectful way by any means. I'm just curious. The city and the entire fanbase is clearly, and rightly in love with this guy. How could you not be?

But...would the fanbase love him MORE if he was a Francophone?

That's all I meant.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I had no problems with Bouillon signing with us at 1.5 mil. He's always been a steady player, well most of the time, and the guy can step it up in the playoffs.

Yeah I didn't mind cube, but I'm just surprised how much better he was than I expected

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Even before his goal, I thought this was Diaz's best game this season. I'm glad he's still signed cheap next season.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
That Tortorella comment... weird. That's really not how I saw that game.

I saw two top tier teams playing their ass off in the corners and in the neutral zone for every inch of ice, blocking a total of 35 shots on both teams, and with very minimal relapses in effort and in concentration - despite having one team completely gassed.

Tough, tough tight game. Goals (minus the empty netter) scored from right in front of the net. Goalies that gave nothing.

It looked disjointed, and it was almost more soccer than hockey, but damn me if it was a game of bad teams.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I find it interesting that Tortorella says two bad teams playing.. it was our 3rd game in 4 nights, 2nd of a B2B, on the road... I think we played a pretty good game considering the circumstances. The team definitely didn't have the same energy and it's to be expected.

Also, this is where having a fairly deep defense helps. I like all 6 of our D.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

1310650820313.jpg

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
ArponBasu: Callahan on #Habs: "They're good in the neutral zone. They clog it up pretty well." #clog

About time one of the Rags has any class and humility. Callahan is one of the few players I like on that team for a reason.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Another strong game for Emelin. Glad he's doing better.

Desharnais has also been pretty good lately.

Cole has been really frustrating to watch. Terrible, lazy play on the Rangers' goal, then a very strong shift that leads to Pacioretty's goal.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Bouillon is impressing me. I was a fan when he was here before.
But I didn't expect nearly this much from him now. :handclap:

And he is not American !:shakehead

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Pains me to say this, but he was off tonight for sure. He made some really questionable first passes. Not something you hear in the same sentence as Markov too often. No secret why the PP is struggling too.

PK is wearing a muzzle, a leash, and a bit and reins. He's been made to go against his instincts and natural talent. Sorry, don't like or at all.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Bring on the Islanders!

That game will be telling. They are horrific 5 on 5, there's no reason to lose to them at home, we have the tools to contain Tavares...but riding a 5 game winning streak, coming off 2 big wins against quality opponents, at the top of the East...this has all the makings of a letdown game that past Habs team would lose. MT will have to work like a dog to keep the team grounded and focused for that game.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

Bouillon is impressing me. I was a fan when he was here before.
But I didn't expect nearly this much from him now. :handclap:

And he is not American !:shakehead

wikipedia says he was born in newyork which iwould be nothing..but also says he played for USA..and actually starts of his page by saying...francis bouillion in an american hockey player.......

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Err...perhaps not, but I don't mean it in a disrespectful way by any means. I'm just curious. The city and the entire fanbase is clearly, and rightly in love with this guy. How could you not be?

But...would the fanbase love him MORE if he was a Francophone?

That's all I meant.

The people here have been starving for an offensive superstar, in any language. Most of us feel this will be the guy. Dont matter what language he speaks. Plus this guy is very humble, just the way like their players here.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Another strong game for Emelin. Glad he's doing better.

Desharnais has also been pretty good lately.

Cole has been really frustrating to watch. Terrible, lazy play on the Rangers' goal, then a very strong shift that leads to Pacioretty's goal.

He's transformed into an Andrei Kostitsyn with stone hands. Hmm, maybe he should be called Erik Kostitsyn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad