Winning in Manhattan - Habs Win 3-1, 1ST IN EAST!!!!

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Who sits when Gallagher is back?

Armstrong probably but that would mean either Prust or Gallagher on the fourth line.

When you're on a 5 game winning streak and you're forced to make a line-up change, you typically want to create the least amount of waves possible.

So I'd expect White to sit. Not as punishment but simply as a victim of the numbers game right now.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Trivia........

5 years ago on this date, the Canadiens pulled off the greatest comeback in team history, coming from a 0-5 goal deficit to defeat the New York Rangers in OT.

Appropriate for this evening.

huh, means I havent seen the Habs at the Bell the last five years! way too long!

gimme ticks!

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
Lundqvist on #Habs: "It’s a game of patience...They play extremely boring, but they’re a smart team and they didn’t give up much.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Was it me, or was the Cole line stuck in their zone for a large majority of their ice time? Every time they had the puck, they'd quickly lose it and it would quickly go back the other way. And stay there.

The line was good after they conceded a goal. They tied the game and were good in the 3rd.
IMO the worst line offensively was Pleks one tonight. They basically had no real scoring chance.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
Lundqvist on #Habs: "It’s a game of patience...They play extremely boring, but they’re a smart team and they didn’t give up much.

He's sort of describing his own team. Your team has Gaborik and Richards and you play like that? At home? Against a tired team?

Yeah I've heard...not seeing the link between our win and it though, aside from Harlem being in NY, lol.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu

I'll take a boring 5 game winning streak anyday.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
When you're on a 5 game winning streak and you're forced to make a line-up change, you typically want to create the least amount of waves possible.

So I'd expect White to sit. Not as punishment but simply as a victim of the numbers game right now.

White sitting would create more changes to the lineup than a guy like Armstrong. White sitting means Eller would have to move off the 3rd line and center the 4th.

If you sit Armstrong, you can insert Gallagher on the fourth or put him on the third and demote Prust to the fourth line.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The line was good after they conceded a goal. They tied the game and were good in the 3rd.
IMO the worst line offensively was Pleks one tonight. They basically had no real scoring chance.

Plek and Bourque had a few good rushes..that lead to nothing (Gionta had a few but was even more wasteful), they generated shots but they were outplayed by the Richards line. The Eller/Galchenyuk line was the most productive easily.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Nice to see Galchenyuk net the winner. This is the 3rd time in a week where he was the cog in the winning goal. Nice to know the kid is clutch. What an awesome player we got.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
What's with these Ranger a-holes? Torts calling us a bad team (#1 in the East, jerkface), Lundqvist saying we play boring (must be boring being the best goalie in the league and being scored on by a barely-19-year-old rookie, eh?)...I'd expect that garbage out of Ruff and Miller, not these two.

10 classless Subbans and 2 classless Yakupov cellys. #butthurt #screwyouwearebetter :rant:

EDIT: also of note, we beat all the Staal brothers in back to back nights :laugh:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
White sitting would create more changes to the lineup than a guy like Armstrong. White sitting means Eller would have to move off the 3rd line and center the 4th.

If you sit Armstrong, you can insert Gallagher on the fourth or put him on the third and demote Prust to the fourth line.

This isn't NHL 2013 where you swap and plug in players as you please, I'm talking about disrupting things like chemistry and morale.

We've won games in this streak with and without White, but I'm sure he understands his "probation" isn't over. Now isn't the time to make the guy you just signed a healthy scratch for the first time of the season and try out a lineup you've never iced before, as much as many of us would like to see it.

That's my take, at least.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Anyone know if Galchenyuk was on for 1 goal against at even strenght? I doubt he was. Best two way rookie i have ever seen in a Habs uniform since i have been following the team. He is now +9 which leads all NHL rookie and by far, and he also leads the Habs.

Man i am so excited about this guy. Finishing low in the standing last year was such a blessing.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Nice to see Galchenyuk net the winner. This is the 3rd time in a week where he was the cog in the winning goal. Nice to know the kid is clutch. What an awesome player we got.

Seeing him play with Eller was entertaining, they both seem to click, much like Eller did with Kostitsyn. He is all of this at 18, wow is the word, he is a special player. Very smart, knows where to go and although not physical he never looks bad, great ability, feels good knowing we what we have.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Anyone know if Galchenyuk was on for 1 goal against at even strenght? I doubt he was. Best two way rookie i have ever seen in a Habs uniform since i have been following the team. He is now +9 which leads all NHL rookie and by far, and he also leads the Habs.

Man i am so excited about this guy. Finishing low in the standing last year was such a blessing.

His line isn't playing against great competition, but the fact that he's able to outplay any NHLer at 19 tells you just how much a stud he is.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Just me ? Or was that a sick play by Chucky, on the back-pass,to keep
the play alive before he scored?

And there is no point in mothballing the tank. If we can beat the
Islanders on thurs, it's time to dismantle it and sell the parts for scrap!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad