Wings Sign Mo Seider to 3 year ELC

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I've put all my hype into this kid. Treat it well, Mo. Treat it well.
Ist gut, excitement for ze German to have. Celebration!

images

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
No disrespect to @FireBird71 , but I don't really condone sending any prospects to Flint. Kind of the exception for me, there.
Sure has worked out for Dellandrea..Keppen...Kolyachonok...and it will work out for Vierling and Othmann. Until Saarijarvi gets a ton better on defense he’ll just fade away

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sure has worked out for Dellandrea..Keppen...Kolyachonok...and it will work out for Vierling and Othmann. Until Saarijarvi gets a ton better on defense he’ll just fade away

-260 goal differential over the last 2 years. Don't really want my prospects getting their teeth kicked in every night, even not factoring in the coaching fiasco and other things.

But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: newfy

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
-260 goal differential over the last 2 years. Don't really want my prospects getting their teeth kicked in every night, even not factoring in the coaching fiasco and other things.

No different then what’s going on in Detroit...and whose to say it can’t happen on another Junior Team

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I feel like I am good on either Germany or AHL. His development curve has been nice there and they have him playing with the older pro players but Griffins would also be a nice place to develop. One thing is for sure his English is already fluent.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
And I’ve heard time and time again that no be wants to play here yet the players keep rolling in...

Don't they kind of have to? What other option is there? If your rights are owned by Flint, via draft or trade, and you want to play major junior, then you are kind of stuck, aren't you?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Don't they kind of have to? What other option is there? If your rights are owned by Flint, via draft or trade, and you want to play major junior, then you are kind of stuck, aren't you?
You can just not show up and force a trade if you’re picked...like McCleod..but he wanted to play with his brother in Mississauga so he wasn’t reporting anywhere except there

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You can just not show up and force a trade if you’re picked...like McCleod..but he wanted to play with his brother in Mississauga so he wasn’t reporting anywhere except there

If you are a top player, then maybe. Hard to believe that some of these kids have the amount of power that you are suggesting they have. For others, if they want to play in the OHL, then they just show up, grit their teeth, and get to work.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
If you are a top player, then maybe. Hard to believe that some of these kids have the amount of power that you are suggesting they have. For others, if they want to play in the OHL, then they just show up, grit their teeth, and get to work.
They have plenty of power..seems every year there’s a first rounder that refuses to report and is traded

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
IOne thing is for sure his English is already fluent.
English is a requirement in German schools, virtually everyone under 40 speaks at least some English. It's a convenient country to visit.

One thing I noticed is that they will always make you try to speak German first though, and resent speaking English in their own country, whereas the Italians will try to speak English even though English fluency is less common there.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Flint seems like a toxic place to be stuck developing. I swear the narrative around the front office has been "rebuilding" all the way back a few years before they even moved to Flint. And that doesn't include the bull**** that transpired with Nilsen.

Yeah, multiple NHL teams have felt so as well. But I realize this is OT, so we can shift back to Seider.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I’d kinda prefer him staying in Germany another year. Just something about putting guys in the AHL the year after they’re drafted never feels like the optimal development strategy to me.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I emailed some people in the DEL and you can watch highlights and full replays of Adler Mannheim here:
DEL live | Eishockey in HD & online Stream | Magenta Sport
Seems like you can't access full games without making an account, and you can't do that without being in Germany but I'm planning on proxying my way into getting some real Seider video.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
English is a requirement in German schools, virtually everyone under 40 speaks at least some English. It's a convenient country to visit.

One thing I noticed is that they will always make you try to speak German first though, and resent speaking English in their own country, whereas the Italians will try to speak English even though English fluency is less common there.
Being a German and having traveled to Italy and France, I had a different impression: The French liked to see me try their language and were helpful then. The Italians explained stuff both in Italian and with hands & feet (that's how I learned a few words). When I heard some people speak English, Germans usually tried their English as well. But these experiences may differ, of course.

Gruß,
BSHH

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Being a German and having traveled to Italy and France, I had a different impression: The French liked to see me try their language and were helpful then. The Italians explained stuff both in Italian and with hands & feet (that's how I learned a few words). When I heard some people speak English, Germans usually tried their English as well. But these experiences may differ, of course.

Gruß,
BSHH
I always wear something with an American flag so they know I'm American and speak (American)English. The downside of that is you get targeted by pickpockets, but I like having strangers stick their hands in my back pocket. (Just kidding of course, but it's a smart move to put your wallet somewhere safe if you're going to advertise that you're a tourist/visitor.)

I only travel to Europe when my job requires me too, not really interested in learning any foreign languages that I don't already know. (I speak some French, but my visit to France was an hour layover at CDG airport.)

Edit: Now that I think about it, it probably depends on which area of the country you visit. I was in Russelsheim, Frankfort, Turin, and Bologna. Probably makes it obvious which field I work in.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Yup, and he has been pretty clear too about not being interested in junior hockey anymore. Both the AHL and the DEL are good challenges for him right now so it doesn't even really matter too much which one it will be.
Thank you for input, since you (unlike me) seem to know a bit about the DEL. So I take it that both leagues might be similar - which would be my uneducated guess as well, since veteran AHLers sometimes come over to Germany and apparently fit right in.

However, if both leagues have a similar talent level, would not the AHL be clearly favorable for Seider's development? In Grand Rapids,
Seider would get accustomed to the North American style and rink, will have to rely on English completely and be closer to Detroit and the Red Wings staff. The Red Wings could also control his TOI and the assignments much more than with a DEL team.

Gruß,
BSHH

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
I always wear something with an American flag so they know I'm American and speak (American)English. The downside of that is you get targeted by pickpockets, but I like having strangers stick their hands in my back pocket. (Just kidding of course, but it's a smart move to put your wallet somewhere safe if you're going to advertise that you're a tourist/visitor.)

I only travel to Europe when my job requires me too, not really interested in learning any foreign languages that I don't already know. (I speak some French, but my visit to France was an hour layover at CDG airport.)

Edit: Now that I think about it, it probably depends on which area of the country you visit. I was in Russelsheim, Frankfort, Turin, and Bologna. Probably makes it obvious which field I work in.
Do you work in Detroit at home? And why Bologna - or did you mean Modena?

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad