Confirmed with Link: Wings set to name Yzerman GM today

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Buyout would mean 8 years of payment, by that time the Red Wings should be relevant again. It's the same reason why nobody wants to buy out Abby. No thanks.

At the rate things are going a couple years of cap increases, coupled with most of the core still being on RFA contracts should still make that okay.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Kronwall will be the interesting one. I believe Holland would have allowed him to return for another year if Kronwall desired. Not sure what Yzerman will do.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
A big part of us sucking was Blashill’s insistence on keeping Abs on the top line throughout the first half of the season. As soon as he was moved down, the team’s play dramatically improved.

Hopefully Stevie Y can help “guide” Blash on some of these insane lineup decisions.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
At the rate things are going a couple years of cap increases, coupled with most of the core still being on RFA contracts should still make that okay.

I'd rather they just send him to the minors where he belongs or ship him off to Robidas island the rest of his career. Buying him out at this point is a waste.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Just read from the Athletic that Al Murray (TBL scouting director) has some out-clause to leave the organization. At this summer.

He has been phenomenal European scout, first at Kings (Kopitar, Voynov), then at Tampa (Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Palat).

I hope nothing more than we get him. He is a Master. He drafted for LA Kings before 2012, and Cup wins did happen. He drafted for Tampa from 2010 and President's trophies did happen.

Al Murray has The Eye for the Talent.

Our Russian drafting had sucked, I think we draft well on other areas. But that Murray + his russian skills make our whole scouting staff complete.

Get it done Stewie!

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I'd rather they just send him to the minors where he belongs or ship him off to Robidas island the rest of his career. Buying him out at this point is a waste.

yeah I mean if the cap becomes a problem at some point for whatever reason consider buying him out then and there will be less to buy out

no point buying him out right now with plenty of cap space

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Get it done Stewie!
Can do!

latest

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
First thing Steve needs to do is say goodbye to All their UFA’s...Vanek and Kronwall...thanks for your time but we need to move on

Kronwall is a Detroit legend but it's time. If he does not want to retire then he should suit up elsewhere. Love him but his precious roster spot is needed for a younger body.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kronwall is a Detroit legend but it's time. If he does not want to retire then he should suit up elsewhere. Love him but his precious roster spot is needed for a younger body.
I think if Green quits they will keep Kroner

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
He put Glendening on the second line until he got injured, then had to move Helm up. So whether or not he's a good coach, he's figured out
Glenny>Helm>Abby
Helm didn't play on the first line to finish the season, I see no reason why even Blash would bump him up.

What is your point?
My argument is Blashill is a bad coach.
Blashill needing to figure out Helm and Abby are not top 6 does not hurt my argument.

I never said Helm would start on the top line. So what are you talking about?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

lucic has buy-out proof deal (heavy signing bonuses) so there aren't much cap savings in buying him out. has 24 mil in cap charge remaining (4yrs, 6M) and buying him out would create 21.5M cap charge. including 5.65 M in 20-21 and 22-23.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad