Confirmed with Link: Wings set to name Yzerman GM today

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Only GM is interesting. What's the angle there? Does he not want all the responsibilities and extra work of any executive position or is it just for a year to gethim up to speed while Holland waits for Seattle gig? Can Holland veto Yzerman decisions?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Only GM is interesting. What's the angle there? Does he not want all the responsibilities and extra work of any executive position or is it just for a year to gethim up to speed while Holland waits for Seattle gig? Can Holland veto Yzerman decisions?
That's what's strange to me too. Yzerman has already been VP of the red wings before so I think Holland might keep his title but Yzerman drives the bus.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

I think it's a sign of respect for everything Holland did. Yzerman will get that title when Holland moves on.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Woohoo!!!

excited-ron-paul-its-happening-rl0FOxdz7CcxO

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
VERY EXCITED DEFINITELY! Thought his contract had to expire before this kind of news though?:dunno:

ChelisChiliBar

Feb 26, 2018
What a beautiful thing to wake up to. Holland has been doing a good job the past couple years to kick-start a rebuild, but Yzerman has proven that he can and will make big trades and come out on top.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sorry to intrude, but I just wanted to congratulate you guys. It wasn't unexpected, but I'm sure it feels good to have him back and not have to wait any longer. Stevie is my all-time favorite non-Flyer, and to see him succeed as a GM in Tampa was very cool. But he belongs back there with you. Great news. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad