Wings have interest in Mark Hunter

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
This all sounds way to good too be true! I hope it is and I hope Holland thinks he will get handed a VK type team, watch him crash and burn somewhere else.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If Hunter is even half as good as you guys say, it's a good idea. I'm sold.

I've actually been saying this is a perfect match for a while now (before he was let go in Toronto). Hes as good of a candidate for the job thats out there. I dont think hes a guy that will for sure be the best GM in the league or anything but he would be a very good fit.

Hes known for his scouting and player development, which is the type of guy thats needed i Detroit. He would likely run the draft next year and would be named GM the year after. He still farms in Petrolia (google map it, its about an hour from Detroit) and has strong ties in London still. It just has seemed like the right match for a long time

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I hope it is and I hope Holland thinks he will get handed a VK type team, watch him crash and burn somewhere else.

Yes I hope his wife divorces him and his kids stop talking to him and he dies a lonely, old man. :rolleyes:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This all sounds way to good too be true! I hope it is and I hope Holland thinks he will get handed a VK type team, watch him crash and burn somewhere else.

What's wrong with you?

Sorry there is no other way to phrase that, did you enjoy the 4 championships he played a massive part in?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Oddbob

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
What's involved in building a CHL team? "Just" drafting players from the next lower level?

Either way, I like the idea. I think this is a team that needs an outsider, rather than an internal hire, to eventually replace Holland.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
We can only hope. Jeff Finley as well

Tyler Wright hasnt been bad not sure why so many dont like him. But having him as the second guy to Hunter would definitely be a good thing. Two experienced guys who have a history of scouting working together would be good for a rebuild

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler Wright hasnt been bad not sure why so many dont like him. But having him as the second guy to Hunter would definitely be a good thing. Two experienced guys who have a history of scouting working together would be good for a rebuild

I don't hate him, but I could take him or leave him. I imagine Hunter might want to bring in one of his own guys, probably someone OHL/GTA based. Plus since him and Holland are Western CA based, I am thinking they would go to Seattle together.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I don't hate him, but I could take him or leave him. I imagine Hunter might want to bring in one of his own guys, probably someone OHL/GTA based. Plus since him and Holland are Western CA based, I am thinking they would go to Seattle together.

Yeah thats fair but thats different then hoping Wright is gone and basically saying you think he sucks. If Wright left I wouldnt really think its crippling the teams future success, but I also think hes been good enough in his few years here that keeping him and adding a brain like Hunter would be better for the team in the future

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
What's wrong with you?

Sorry there is no other way to phrase that, did you enjoy the 4 championships he played a massive part in?

giphy.gif
Aww you cant be real to your self?? Yes I did but, no I don't want too sit here and watch him slowly crash and burn and take the team with him. If you want to keep him around for old times sake fine, but he needs to move up and out of the GM role.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah thats fair but thats different then hoping Wright is gone and basically saying you think he sucks. If Wright left I wouldnt really think its crippling the teams future success, but I also think hes been good enough in his few years here that keeping him and adding a brain like Hunter would be better for the team in the future

Yeah, we could be OK either way. If Holland leaves by lining us up with Mark Hunter and stockpiling a bunch of picks for us, that would be pretty nice to be honest.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Aww you cant be real to your self?? Yes I did but, no I don't want too sit here and watch him slowly crash and burn and take the team with him. If you want to keep him around for old times sake fine, but he needs to move up and out of the GM role.

Wanting him moved out of the GM spot is a bit different from hoping he goes somewhere and fails horribly.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I mean, if Mark Hunter is so good, why is Toronto ditching him like this? For a guy who is only medium-proven, to boot.

Mark Hunter chose to leave, they didn't get rid of him.

Toronto picked Dubas, because when he was brought aboard as AGM, by Shanny, he was promised the next GM role in TO by Shanny, simple as that.

Whether Mark Hunter makes a great GM or not is another question, but as others have said, he has been integral to the Knights run at the top of the OHL for 20 or so years. Living in the area, the Knights were a joke, until the Hunter's bought the team, and ever since, they have not only not missed the playoffs, but they are good even in their weaker rebuilding years, like this season has been. Big reason, why attendance is among the best in all of Canadian Junior Hockey.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

We will lose Håkan Andersson probably too. He will became Seattle's Director or European scouting.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What is so great on Mark Hunter's drafting record between 2015-2017 he affected to Leafs drafting?

Toronto Maple Leafs Draft History at hockeydb.com

Getting Matthews at #1 and picking his own guy Marner at #4 were no-brainers.

I like this Hunter-idea in general, but it's funny how's there's no proof of any special drafting abilities vs. NHL drafts (I know his good record in London, but that's junior hockey) and people are praising him to be the next God and throwing Tyler Wringt under the bus.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

personally i've hated Wright ever since after the draft last year when he gave that interview and mentioned "character" like 10 times in 2 minutes when talking about why he wanted Rasmussen

made it abundantly clear that he's just flat out obsessed with "character" to an uncomfortable degree,definitely not something I want in someone with that much influence over the teams drafting

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Wanting him moved out of the GM spot is a bit different from hoping he goes somewhere and fails horribly.
If the rumors are true that he want's out and will walk for a expansion team in Washington after flat out telling MR I no I will not move up so Stevie can GM this team. Then I have no sympathy for him at all sorry that's just how I feel.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
personally i've hated Wright ever since after the draft last year when he gave that interview and mentioned "character" like 10 times in 2 minutes when talking about why he wanted Rasmussen

made it abundantly clear that he's just flat out obsessed with "character" to an uncomfortable degree,definitely not something I want in someone with that much influence over the teams drafting

Yes, he does seem obsessed with character . His interviews talk about size, character and then skill, in that order. There's an interview with him where he said you would be happy to have Rasmussen dating your daughter, thats great if hes on the bachelor. Big Ras is looking to be a decent player but that draft is looking really poor just after one year.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad