GDT: Wings @ Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionsFan01

Jan 10, 2016
Not sure what the coaches call this defensive "strategy" but the Caps must be loving it. Wide open guys everywhere you look.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
There's also the one-handed shots and a vacillation between legitimate meanness and apathy.

I kind of like the 'set up in the wrong position to receive an outlet pass that results in an icing to extend a tired line' move.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
So after tonight's game AA is #2 in the league behind Grabner and ahead of Crosby and Matthews in EV G/60.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So after tonight's game AA is #2 in the league behind Grabner and ahead of Crosby and Matthews in EV G/60.

That's a very specific stat, but it's pretty cool he's having success despite the clown fiesta that's going on this year.

Glimmer of hope and all that for the future.

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
That's a very specific stat, but it's pretty cool he's having success despite the clown fiesta that's going on this year.

Glimmer of hope and all that for the future.

He'll probably be benched in the 3rd period again.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So when Niskanen was a free agent, I thought he was getting pretty overhyped. But he's proven me wrong. He's a great piece for the Caps. He's like if DeKeyser could generate offense.

I know the Wings pitched hard for him. Shame.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
So what do we think... Athanasiou like a better Hagelin?

Nah, the comparisons are founded on speed but not much more. Hagelin is too grinder-esque. Hagelin is like a better Helm.

Athanasiou is so Michael Grabner. Not naturally talented defensively but can be a beast on the PK. Fast as hell but also shifty. Doesn't just rely on his shot but also his moves. Makes breakaways look pretty.

I get people being reluctant to compare AA to Grabner because Grabner has been all over the map, but if AA played consistently like Grabner at his best, we'd have an amazing offensive weapon.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I get people being reluctant to compare AA to Grabner because Grabner has been all over the map, but if AA played consistently like Grabner at his best, we'd have an amazing offensive weapon.

That makes a lot of sense. You convinced me. I concur.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Need to pick up the pace for the 3rd. More time of possession in the Ozone. We need finish. Finish finish finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad