GDT: Wings @ Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
DK needs to play down in the lineup. He's just not good enough. Need a top pairing d. DK isn't that guy.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
i can imagine what dekeyser was thinking there

"hmm, there are 3 seconds left in the period. I have the puck at the blue line in the offensive zone. I'm just going to dump it behind the net because that's all my tiny brain has been trained to do because I lack the skill to do anything else. How am i in the NHL?"

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We're killing them in faceoffs. So much for puck possession though. We just cough up the puck repeatedly.

LionsFan01

Jan 10, 2016

"hmm, there are 3 seconds left in the period. I have the puck at the blue line in the offensive zone. I'm just going to dump it behind the net because that's all my tiny brain has been trained to do because I lack the skill to do anything else. How am i in the NHL?"

I would have taken one of his patented shoot the puck at the boards plays over that dump in. Dude just looks bad at both ends of the ice no matter who he's playing with or against. Glad we got him locked up.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

The dude has zero offensive instincts. Watching him in 3 v 3 ot is especially painful.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I would have taken one of his patented shoot the puck at the boards plays over that dump in. Dude just looks bad at both ends of the ice no matter who he's playing with or against. Glad we got him locked up.

Yep. The whole "he's only bad because he plays tough competition" argument in favor of Dekeyser doesn't fly for me.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Yep. The whole "he's only bad because he plays tough competition" argument in favor of Dekeyser doesn't fly for me.

I will say, in fairness, that he has gotten significantly worse under Blashill.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Trotz is owning Blashill. Blashill is a terrible bench manager. How many times have Smith, Sproul, AA, Vanek, and Helm been on the ice together against one of Washington's scoring lines? Blashill has no answer.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Trotz is owning Blashill. Blashill is a terrible bench manager. How many times have Smith, Sproul, AA, Vanek, and Helm been on the ice together against one of Washington's scoring lines? Blashill has no answer.

I could own babcock with these respective lineups

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Good God dare I say it, put Smith with Green. How much worse can it be than DK? At least he has some offensive upside.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
he literally just made a bunch of amazing saves

Yeah, he's made a ton of point-blank stops and other good saves. The 3rd goal wasn't great but the other two were dingers. There's a reason the Caps destroys others defensively.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
LOL 6 to 18 shots. Well can't say we didn't make the most of our shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia