GDT: Wings @ Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
A) I really like the set up Detroit has run the past couple years where the dmen jump in so much.

B) I'd like it more if any of the Dmen besides Green should ever be in the offensive zone.

C) By the way... way to make the Caps miss you, Mike.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I don't understand this team on how we can't get pucks through to the net. What is it? Too much time so they let the opposition get in the shooting lanes? Are we that mentally slow on decision making? Bad positioning?

Our transition is epically slow. The only time our defenseman get the puck through the neutral zone is if they skate it out. By that time, the opposition is set.

I actually think we get more clean shots through breakaways due to sheer individual speed or giveaways than we do from keen outlet or stretch passes.

HockeyinHD

Jun 18, 2006
I think you guys are generally too hard on DK, but oh man is he having a bad game tonight.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Jesus Christ DK! Misses the back pass off the faceoff. THen gets beat to the puck when it goes down to our end. :facepalm:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Our transition is epically slow. The only time our defenseman get the puck through the neutral zone is if they skate it out. By that time, the opposition is set.

I actually think we get more clean shots through breakaways due to sheer individual speed or giveaways than we do from keen outlet or stretch passes.

Which is sad.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think you guys are generally too hard on DK, but oh man is he having a bad game tonight.

If there isn't an article that comes out at the end of the season that says he was playing through some kind of debilitating injury...

We should be worried. I want to believe he's hurt, because the amount of battles he has lost this season in his end is just terrible.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Somebody really needs to tell Osgood that it's pronounced "especially."

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Time to play Blashill hockey. Crazy defensive crap hockey and hope for a bloop game tying goal.

HockeyinHD

Jun 18, 2006
Coaching aside, I'd like Blashill fired simply because of the absurd expressions he has both during games and during interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad