Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Holland didn't flip him for Fabbri though. JDLR was a dime a dozen player in the NHL. All the magical work was done by Yzerman.

I was about to say, honestly if Holland was running this show still would anyone expect a roster player to be traded for another player? ( I wouldn't expect it ). He was dumping young(er) players for picks at the deadline, not making proactive moves early in the season like Yzerman and over valued all his guys.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I was about to say, honestly if Holland was running this show still would anyone expect a roster player to be traded for another player? ( I wouldn't expect it ). He was dumping young(er) players for picks at the deadline, not making proactive moves early in the season like Yzerman and over valued all his guys.

Who knows. We haven't seen Holland much as a rebuilding GM.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
The great thing about SY is that we wont die wondering.... he's obviously clearly identified the shithole we are in and is working pretty hard to rectify it on the cheap with reclamation projects. Nice to see us trying to turn it around. I don't neccessariyl think Perlini or Erne will stay this bad in the end either. Just they are not the sort of pieces who are able to drive play on their own so we might need to not have Doughnuts Nielsen & Ehn centring them.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Meh, I legit believe we would have made 0 trades this season if Holland was still here. Holland proved one thing especially lately, and that is that he only made trades when he had too. He didn't make any roster for roster trades that weren't prompted by injuries or cap implications. I say that as someone who is not as hard as many on Holland.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Meh, I legit believe we would have made 0 trades this season if Holland was still here. Holland proved one thing especially lately, and that is that he only made trades when he had too. He didn't make any roster for roster trades that weren't prompted by injuries or cap implications. I say that as someone who is not as hard as many on Holland.

Just like these...

Lucic <> Neal
Jensen <> Bowey
Sproul <> Puempel
Sheahan <> Wilson
Vanek <> McIlrath
etc.

...never happened ?

That Lucic for Neal at once is more impressive than any Yzerman-trade so far.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Just like these...

Lucic <> Neal
Jensen <> Bowey
Sproul <> Puempel
Sheahan <> Wilson
Vanek <> McIlrath
etc.

...never happened ?

You must have missed the cap or injury part of what I said.

Lucic/Neal - CAP
Sheahan deal - CAP
Jensen - Deadline trade of pending UFA
Vanek - Deadline trade of pending UFA

That leaves 1 trade he made in recent memory that was not cap, injury or non deadline UFA moving. If Jensen and Vanek weren't pending UFA's he basically guaranteed wouldn't have moved them. The Sproul/Puempel one was basically an AHL trade so not a great example either of a trade trying to add an NHL piece.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Just like these...

Lucic <> Neal
Jensen <> Bowey
Sproul <> Puempel
Sheahan <> Wilson
Vanek <> McIlrath
etc.

...never happened ?

literally a trade that took place on another team,an AHL move,and three deadline deals that weren't even player for player at all(the players coming back were at best somewhere in between total throw ins and secondary pieces to the draft picks)

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

I mean sir, respectfully, I disagree, Holland had more time than Yzerman. 5 Months compared to 2 years is a different thing... He also got to move the most valuable pieces Red Wings could offer in/during a rebuild. (Tatar/Nyquist/Jensen) All good trades, in terms of return, but He prolly could of flipped at some point Nyquist/Tatar for potentially something great.

I just really feel like he wouldn't of made some of these little moves Yzerman did for Fabbri/Perlini/Erne. Sure they haven't worked out execpt Fabbri but they're good low cost attempts that I just didn't see Holland make often, or ever unless the player was on waivers, or a deadline move.

Last edited:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Just like these...

Lucic <> Neal
Jensen <> Bowey
Sproul <> Puempel
Sheahan <> Wilson
Vanek <> McIlrath
etc.

...never happened ?

I still don't know how he pulled that one off. That trade just goes to show you though, no player is impossible to trade.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
literally a trade that took place on another team,an AHL move,and three deadline deals that weren't even player for player at all(the players coming back were at best somewhere in between total throw ins and secondary pieces to the draft picks)

Which of those trades impressed you the most?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Larkin as well makes this a better team to watch. I think people are just going by points and saying he is playing poorly. While he hasn't been as good as last year, he still drives this team most nights, and when he is off, we are really off!

kariyadog

Oct 4, 2018
Had a bit of puck luck tonight but I like his style.

Kid must be riding high on confidence right now. Did the Blues not give him much IT on his return from injury?
Glad he’s playing good for you guys. I was really excited seeing him play when he first came up with the Blues. Great hands, speed, shifty, and not afraid to go to the dirty areas. After his two knee surgeries they eased him back in slowly, and he never got many minutes, or was in the press box. Maybe because they were worried about his knee blowing out again, or they had too many similar players in the system -Schwartz, Schenn, Kyrou,...or the coach wanted bigger players that could score. Anyway I was pretty bummed when he was traded, but understand the numbers game. Hope he works out for you guys.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
What would everyone be cool with for his next (potential) contract?

Ballpark of 2 years/4.25 mil aav? More? Less?
I'm fine with any contract for any player so long as it's not longer than three years. Love Bert, Mantha, AA, Fabbri, Hronek, but I'm hesitant to lock any of these guys up long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad