Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Lol, true.

Of course you can't judge GMs on a single move, that's like judging a player on a single game. I was just trying to be funny.

In my view, Holland is not a good GM for a rebuild, while Stevie is Can Holland take another team to the Cup? Maybe, we'll see.

Stevie has experience rebuilding a team, while Holland has experience taking a team to the Cup. The GMs are now in situations that suit their strengths. This team though is better off with Stevie right now.

I agree with this for the most part. I was happy with holland post streak, however to a degree I think Holland was a bit hanicapped by his own moves. Helm and Abby are examples of this, Yzerman IMO will ship these two out at some point, I don’t think Holland would have. Also, Yzerman seems more willing to make little moves throughout the year, Holland seemed to only really trade around the TDL when it was an expiring contract.

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
Since the Quincey trade came up in a different thread....

Holland: Trades a first round pick for a waiver pickup, who happens to be a player that the Wings waived
Yzerman: Trades waiver pickup for a player picked in first round with the possibility of getting the traded player back on waivers

Yzerman > Holland

Plus it was Yzerman that fleeced Holland on that one. So double bonus to Yzerman.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I feel the jury is still out on how good a builder Yzerman is. Everyone says, "Yzerman is the kind of guy you want building your team in the new NHL. Look at what he did in Tampa." And, I mean, ok, fair enough. But let's not forget that Yzerman inherited Stamkos and Hedman. There are no comparables to either player in Detroit. (Which is why I'm thinking he's ok with the team finishing in the basement this season. We need a Stamkos. Badly.)
We have Stamkos we need Hedman

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Since the Quincey trade came up in a different thread....

Holland: Trades a first round pick for a waiver pickup, who happens to be a player that the Wings waived
Yzerman: Trades waiver pickup for a player picked in first round with the possibility of getting the traded player back on waivers

Yzerman > Holland

In Feb. 21 2012 when the trade was made the Red Wings led the NHL with 84 points and won 23 straight games at home. Nobody cares about a first round pick at this point.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
If he can turn into a 60 point player for us and be signed long term until after the rebuild, this very well may be the best trade the Wings have made in a long time.

And I considered the Tatar and Smith deals to be insane value

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If he can turn into a 60 point player for us and be signed long term until after the rebuild, this very well may be the best trade the Wings have made in a long time.

Those together are:

Smith + DLR + Tatar <> Fabbri + 1st (Veleno) + 2nd (Berggren) +2nd (Mastrosimone) + 3rd (Zach Gallant) + 2021 3rd

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
We all couldn't help but buy that Derek Meech jersey.
I was pissed when Quincey was cut instead of Meech. Then I was pissed when Holland threw a 1st to get him back. Thanks for reminding me of that whole ordeal.

In any case, Shanny also wore 14... don't care for the guy anymore (for obvious reasons), but man I liked him as a player. Was really happy when we signed him.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
I was pissed when Chelios was being scratched for Derek f***ing Meech. Yeah Cheli was slowing down (I guess, he always looked fine to me and our best PKer), but at least, you know, he wasn’t -14.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
In Feb. 21 2012 when the trade was made the Red Wings led the NHL with 84 points and won 23 straight games at home. Nobody cares about a first round pick at this point.

Um that pick turned into andrei vasilevskiy and Quincy went on to just be the mediocrity stop gap streak extender we all expected him to be. Some of us still care very much about that trade and are glad the terrible GM that got owned is gone and the GM that did the owning is here.

Still liking the Fabbri trade, its an example of the kinds of trades Yzerman did that added a lot of punch to Lightning depth.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Um that pick turned into andrei vasilevskiy and Quincy went on to just be the mediocrity stop gap streak extender we all expected him to be. Some of us still care very much about that trade and are glad the terrible GM that got owned is gone and the GM that did the owning is here.

Still liking the Fabbri trade, its an example of the kinds of trades Yzerman did that added a lot of punch to Lightning depth.
And would the wings have picked Vasilevsky? Particularly when they were not picking Russians much at the time.
Maybe they go for Mark Jankowski, Malcom Subban, Jordan Schmaltz, Henrik Samuelsson, Brendan Gaunce, Stefan Matteau of other first round picks after Vasilevsky. Maybe they go for one of the early second rounders of that year , most of whom haven't even made the NHL.

From picks 20 to 43 that year there are 5 players that have made any real impact in the NHL, including Vasilevsky. The rest have all been less productive than Quincey was, and most wouldn't have done a damn thing for us until after the streak ended anyway.

When a team is a cup contender, they nearly always trade away picks for players come the playoffs, especially as their window looks to have limited time left. The trade didn't work out, and it wasn't one I liked or would have made, but it made sense in principle.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't think he looks like a top 6er right now.
A shot per game?
Invisible most of the game.

You are obviously talking about AA when you say invisible most of the game! Fabbri competes hard on every shift, so suggesting he is invisible shows you know very little about him.

Reactions: LazyT

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

It's impossible to bit Tatar trade

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
He has been fine for the Canadiens, but he was **** for the Golden Knights.

Hard to read too much into a 28 game sample size from a mid-season trade. He didn't live up to expectations there, true, but there's no way he stays that level if they retain him. He immediately scored 25 goals and 58 points the following season. I can't imagine too much changed in a few months for our boy Tatar that suddenly clicked into gear.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I was pissed when Quincey was cut instead of Meech. Then I was pissed when Holland threw a 1st to get him back. Thanks for reminding me of that whole ordeal.

In any case, Shanny also wore 14... don't care for the guy anymore (for obvious reasons), but man I liked him as a player. Was really happy when we signed him.

lol, Shanny rules.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Canucks fan coming in peace and support to focus on one of the bright spots of your season. Robby still producing and looking like he's found a new home and second chance to shine. Couldn't be happier for both parties:

giphy.gif

Robby after trade announcement

Cheers

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad