TSN: Wings acquire Alex Nedeljkovic for Bernier and a 3rd

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
New mask looking slick as hell.

Is that Elvish on the back plate? Hell yeah.

Holy hell that is beautiful. That's the best Wings mask I've seen since Osgood had the wizard mask they showed on tv and in the newspaper but never actually wore in game. I'm a sucker for that clean classic look of the simple red on white with an old school font. The only iffy part is whatever that bit of red is by the chin almost looks like a leaf when you glance making it look a little team 'canaday'.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holy hell that is beautiful. That's the best Wings mask I've seen since Osgood had the wizard mask they showed on tv and in the newspaper but never actually wore in game. I'm a sucker for that clean classic look of the simple red on white with an old school font.

1000% agree. My favorite Detroit lid for a goalie in ages.

I really hope Nedeljkovic plays well because he's tremendously likeable in interviews and exactly the kind of guy that's fun to root for.

Reactions: slimnipsu

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
He was my fantasy goalie last season, so I made sure to tune into most of the games he played. If he plays as well as he did last year and is consistent, he’ll definitely be this team’s goalie of today and the future !

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Legace. You're missing Manny Legace in between.

Vernon, Osgood, Maracle, Ranford, Wregget, Hasek, Cujo, Hasek again, Legace, Osgood again, Hasek again, Howard, Conklin, Gustavsson, Mrazek, Bernier, Greiss in a 13 year span. Out of all those goalies, I think Howard had the most consecutive years as our "starter".

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
1000% agree. My favorite Detroit lid for a goalie in ages.

I really hope Nedeljkovic plays well because he's tremendously likeable in interviews and exactly the kind of guy that's fun to root for.
It's crazy that he's kinda of an after thought of sorts when talking about our prospect pool considering he was a Calder finalist and still young enough in goalie years to be considered a prospect if he wouldn't of gotten paying time last year. For all intents and purposes it's like having yet another top 50 prospect in the fold.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Vernon, Osgood, Maracle, Ranford, Wregget, Hasek, Cujo, Hasek again, Legace, Osgood again, Hasek again, Howard, Conklin, Gustavsson, Mrazek, Bernier, Greiss in a 13 year span. Out of all those goalies, I think Howard had the most consecutive years as our "starter".

It's a nice history, but Ozzie is really to man, with all his highs and lows, and that 2nd coming. That 2nd coming was really impressive. Winning one game more, he would have deserved 2009 Conn Smythe.

I loved Hasek, I think he is all-time best, but never forget Osgood, how good he was too. 2 Stanley Cups of our last 4 as a Starter, he is kind of a legend. That's more of what Marc-Andre Fleyry won at Pittsbugh as starter (only 1, Murray took 2) and how Tuukka Rask hasn't won a single Cup as Bruins starter.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
The trade was a good trade but it's odd that this fan base of all fan bases gets excited about a goalie. They're a dime a dozen. I think the last thing you want to do is build around a goaltender. Not a great place to spend your cap.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The trade was a good trade but it's odd that this fan base of all fan bases gets excited about a goalie. They're a dime a dozen. I think the last thing you want to do is build around a goaltender. Not a great place to spend your cap.

I think it's ok to be excited, because this guy has some very good advanced goalie stats.

Small sample size yeah, but still. People in Carolina were pissed of him being gone. That's usually a good sign.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
I think it's ok to be excited, because this guy has some very good advanced goalie stats.

Small sample size yeah, but still. People in Carolina were pissed of him being gone. That's usually a good sign.
Oh I agree. He is a promising goalie and he wants to be here. I just don't see goalies as cornerstone building blocks. You can grab a good goalie any time you want. It's the easiest position to fill.
Not a spot I would tie up a lot of resources.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh I agree. He is a promising goalie and he wants to be here. I just don't see goalies as cornerstone building blocks. You can grab a good goalie any time you want. It's the easiest position to fill.
Not a spot I would tie up a lot of resources.

Generally it's a gamble always with goalies.

But still it felt like a good trade, because there was no good/young kids on the organizational goalie pipeline. We had only old dogs Berbier and Greiss.

Stevie got the future slotted better. Now we have the veteran + promising guy, and maybe the next veteran (as Nejdelkovic), when Cossa will join.

The timelines are built well. It's great work from Stevie.

Revenge of Gru

Jul 31, 2021
Generally it's a gamble always with goalies.

But still it felt like a good trade, because there was no good/young kids on the organizational goalie pipeline. We had only old dogs Berbier and Greiss.

Stevie got the future slotted better. Now we have the veteran + promising guy, and maybe the next veteran (as Nejdelkovic), when Cossa will join.

The timelines are built well. It's great work from Stevie.
The Ned trade was good. The Cossa trade up/pick was horrible imo.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Building a franchise solely around a goalie and being excited for adding a good young goalie and top goalie prospect are not the same thing... whatsoever

to put it into perspective the Wings added both Nedeljkovic and Cossa without using a single one of their own picks for it(all picks used for both of them were later picks than their own that were previously acquired from other teams)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
to put it into perspective the Wings added both Nedeljkovic and Cossa without using a single one of their own picks for it(all picks used for both of them were later picks than their own that were previously acquired from other teams)
Makes no sense , it doesn't matter how we got those pics it all was our picks

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Yzerman is doing smart business. Using surplus on the gamble.

Reactions: FMichael

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Makes no sense , it doesn't matter how we got those pics it all was our picks

sure

it supports the "not exactly going all in on this" thing though

the Wings still used their 6th overall as well as their early 2nd early 3rd etc on different positions in this draft in addition to grabbing the Goalies

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Oh nice the Nedeljkovic thread is now the "goalies are replaceable, Cossa was a bad pick and Osgood was a passenger" thread.

Cool, cool.

Yeah, really. For some reason I felt a sense of "Oh no" when I saw this thread bumped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad