TSN: Wings acquire Alex Nedeljkovic for Bernier and a 3rd

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I know nothing about the guy, anyone have opinions on him they would like to share?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I wonder if the Canes were actually interested in Bernier's rights or he was just a throw in to have another contract going the other way since he wasn't going to re-sign.

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
I know nothing about the guy, anyone have opinions on him they would like to share?
Young
Good numbers
Played most of his junior career in Michigan
Won an AHL championship with charlotte
Has playoff experience with the Canes
Calder Trophy finalist
Played with Larkin, Werenski, Perlini, and Kyle Conner on the 2011-2012 Belle Tire AAA team

Last edited:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
He played great last year. There's always the worry that it was the classic flash-in-the-pan rookie goalie maneuver. But if he can keep up that level of play, we got a young starter for a 3rd... That's why you don't draft a goalie at 6

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Had a feeling we would take a cheap swing on a young-ish goalie eventually, so I'm comfortable with this for sure.

One thing I will say- hats off to Jon Bernier for his time here. I was pretty skeptical at first but he really won me over and I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. I'd love to see him get a good chance in Carolina.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
nedeljkovic is pretty unproven, so i'm not gonna go wild over this....but the form he showed last season makes this a clear win for us.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
There it is. I knew Stevie was going to swing something for goaltending.

But I think this may put a nail in my Wallstedt dreams.

Let's go goalie guy. Dance for us, entertain us.

Tell the people how they (I) should feel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad