Post-Game Talk: Wings 1, Leafs 4, Bozie with the Shorty, we Win

Tyler Biggs*

For all you so called fans that threw your jerseys on the ice the other night. ..shame on you!

Tyler Biggs*

Way to go boys.....your real fans are still behind you.

Win or lose we bleed white and blue.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I can ask you the same thing.
So being a drunken idiot is now a term for anyone who is trying to truly support their team into playing well instead of just being happy when they do?

I am from Egypt. They don't even serve alcohol at games. Our team has been losing to our rivals for decades now.
Yet every game, the fans are as loud as ever, we have hope this year it'll be different.

I am not picking a debate with those who just want to watch the game. There will always be some, and I don't think telling them to just watch at home is fair. The game is so much better live. It just disappoints me that the majority is of this kind.
Having been to various sports games on three different continents, it's amazing what a loud and constantly cheering crowd can do. Actually, I think we see it in the playoffs here.
I truly believe in the "6th man" and wish the leafs, being the storied franchise we are, would be one of the toughest arena to play in, because we have the most passionate fans.
A cultural shift in the way we support our team can go a long way to improving performance.
It also makes the live game performance an incredible one.

Again, I am not a sports hooligan or generally a crazy guy, but we should make home ice advantage actually count, not just in the playoffs. Even if it's not completely in your personality to be loud and cheer, do it for your team.
I think if we actually realized the impact this would have, we would change the way we view the noise.

We need some TML chants and songs, it's too boring only having "go leafs go" to say. It's not easy to sustain either.

My drunken idiot comment was specifically aimed at the person who defined a hockey game as a place where you got pissed and threw beer on people. It was not meant to refer to all cheerleaders of the team.

To be honest, I'm always heavily skeptical of the effect of fans on a game. And frankly, when players claim the crowd should be louder, I've always figured that they're passing the buck for their own mistakes -- or setting up the excuse for when they next need tot pass the buck.

You know, there are always lots of boisterous Leaf fans in Buffalo, yet the record of the Leafs in Buffalo is terrible.

91Stammer*

Feb 11, 2014
Leafland/Richland

Sorry to be rude but whether they win or not I would treat them the same way. After all what've they done for the team or the fans? No effort in winning no effort in losing play like a slacker or when you feel like playing is not a team I want to support. Take an example from a team like Raptors, win or lose you put your best effort every single shift. That's how you win fans, I just feel so bad that they pushed fans to the limit that they don't even care about throwing out 200 bucks out there on the ice.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So last night when the commentators were introducing the goalies, they said that Bernier's career against the Detroit Red Wings was 0 wins and 1 loss. In the post game, they repeated this stat and during the post-game media scrum with Bernier, Henny brought up that it was his first career win against Detroit.

Wasn't Bernier in net against the Wings in the Winter Classic? Am I crazy or doesn't that game count towards the goalies and players stats? I feel pretty sure it was an oversight on their part but it's kind of amazing that a game with that much hype, atmosphere and with the Leafs on the winning side of the ledger would be overlooked by the Leafs own media, lol.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
So last night when the commentators were introducing the goalies, they said that Bernier's career against the Detroit Red Wings was 0 wins and 1 loss. In the post game, they repeated this stat and during the post-game media scrum with Bernier, Henny brought up that it was his first career win against Detroit.

Wasn't Bernier in net against the Wings in the Winter Classic? Am I crazy or doesn't that game count towards the goalies and players stats? I feel pretty sure it was an oversight on their part but it's kind of amazing that a game with that much hype, atmosphere and with the Leafs on the winning side of the ledger would be overlooked by the Leafs own media, lol.

Yeah i thought this was weird too lmao

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Points are Points. Doesn't matter if they are 5v5 or on the PowerPlay or share handed.

Last season Bozie was getting points 5v5, but wasn't getting the bounces on the PP.

This season, Bozie is getting special teams points, but isn't getting the bounces 5V5.

At the end of the day, the guy has 19 points in 21 games. Anyone trying to take that away from him, just doesn't want to give him ANY credit.

He is playing very well....and last night all of our centers played well...When your 4 centers have a good game you are going to win a lot of games.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Watched the game with a group of leafs fans, it was a great time and a great game. Two most disciplined games they've played this year.

Kudos to Carlyle, his system is finally being implemented. And a big kudos to the players for being committed to it, carlyles system requires full buy in and effort to succeed.

Let's keep it up guys! Go leafs!

maplenucks89

Aug 6, 2014

Just came here to see if anyone else noticed the same thing.

Henny is a plug.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I still don't like Bozak as our so called "#1 centre" but if the team is winning, and he is producing (especially being money on breakaways) then I won't dislike him as much. Obviously I still think we need somebody better in that position, but if he is helping the team win then I can live with him (for now :laugh:)

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So, it seems that "suit" is a now a term for anyone who isn't a drunken idiot who disrespects his fellow patrons.

If you can only enjoy a hockey game in that kind of condition, perhaps you're not much of a hockey fan and more a fan of being an annoying drunken a-hole.

This guy gets it. :yo:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Holland is 23, still lots of time to put it together.

He's played 88 NHL games.

We can't forget his parent team was the Ducks, not a bottom feeder promoting players before their time in hope someone could play.

He's on pace for 34 points, as he has 9 points in 21 games. Is that good enough for a center on a team that wants to contend?

wouldn't be a bad thing as Richards put up 41 last year as the Kings primary 3rd line guy

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
I like the debate of fans coming from different sports. I think it's intriguing to understand where people come from in that aspect.

There are huge differences like you mentioned. But you also have many things that differ between the games.

How often would you have Man City and Man United fans on the same side of the field? You would very rarely see that. But you would see Leafs and Sens/Red Wings/Habs fans sitting side by side no problem.

Also, if Manchester City or United (for argument sake, just used them because of the market size) hadn't won a title in 40 years, how much would people actually support the team?

Not allowed under any circumstances, you can't even drink beer at a football match because of the problems it causes

Any other sport on the other hand it's fine, regularly sit amongst away fans at Bath Rugby games, or internationals even England v Australia

officialmark*

For all you so called fans that threw your jerseys on the ice the other night. ..shame on you!

They don't read what you write [mod]

I also guarantee that if people didn't make a huge noise about the way they lost they wouldn't have come back this strong these past 2 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

I also guarantee that if people didn't make a huge noise about the way they lost they wouldn't have come back this strong these past 2 games.

So maybe the real hero is the guy that threw his jersey on the ice?

He motivated the team :sarcasm:

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

uh, why? They've played this strong several games before the 2 losses.......

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Glad to see so much support after a win.

Under 300 posts for a win. Over 800 for a loss.

Tell me that makes sense?

Winning 4-1 with one goal being an empty netter is far more common than losing 9-2 at home, after losing to Buffalo by a huge margin.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Glad to see so much support after a win.

Under 300 posts for a win. Over 800 for a loss.

Tell me that makes sense?

It is becoming difficult to support this cast to tell you the truth. Collapse after collapse. It is hard for fans to get excited because they can just as easily lose the next five and some in blowout fashion.

The jersey throwing is disrespectful but what it did is call these guys out. It bruised their ego. If you cared so much about the Jersey go pick it up son! Don't let the other teams take a dump on it night after night. Oh but then they had a great idea to stick it to the fans for being disrespectful to the jersey. They showed the fans that they could play structured hockey and win if they could stick it to the fans. When the other teams took a dump at our barn it wasn't so bad ha?

I know these boys have had a tough time but get your ****ing thinking cap on son! You want respect you earn it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
its not even that. it was a good, very well played game. there was no drama, there was no controvery, there was no "we won but BOY did _______ stink or "boy, if they keep playing like that they'll lose."

the game's storyline has been discussed. why be all "well there's only 200 posts?" does it matter? seriously? what did you want - lots of

"yay we won, feels good, man?"

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
After all what've they done for the team or the fans? No effort in winning no effort in losing play like a slacker or when you feel like playing is not a team I want to support.
lol do u think they step on the ice and go... well i wanna lose badly tonight

if you know anything about sports or competition related things, some times you just have bad games regardless if you try your best or not

welcome to human nature, we aren't robots
Leafs nation has enough fans to waive some off

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
lol do u think they step on the ice and go... well i wanna lose badly tonight

if you know anything about sports or competition related things, some times you just have bad games regardless if you try your best or not

welcome to human nature, we aren't robots
Leafs nation has enough fans to waive some off

I think they just go through the motions on many nights. Phaneuf has never skated harder than he did last night. Why is that?

Slot

Mar 6, 2012

Or maybe they finally got embarrassed enough to play with a chip on their shoulder and go out with sandpaper and determination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad