Post-Game Talk: Wings 1, Leafs 4, Bozie with the Shorty, we Win

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
So shouldn't you support the team after a win and a loss?
Many support after and before. Win and loss. Discussion is the key word here I would use. Of course there's more discussion after a horrible 2-9 loss or a wide margin loss to the buffalo sabres.
Support is critizising and discussing all the same. You gots to give critique. It's mui importantte.

Being alive and looking at the team is supporting.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Glad to see so much support after a win.

Under 300 posts for a win. Over 800 for a loss.

Tell me that makes sense?

A lot more to pick apart after a loss. And then there's all that pent up spleen to vent too.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
A lot more to pick apart after a loss. And then there's all that pent up spleen to vent too.

Does that make sense though?

What people are saying (and I understand both ways) is that it's easier to say something negative than come in here and say that Carlyle coached a good game against a good team and that Bernier looked good.... and Gardiner played strong.

Instead people come in here and rip up here and make the same old excuses that how can we cheer for a team that's just going to collapse?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So last night when the commentators were introducing the goalies, they said that Bernier's career against the Detroit Red Wings was 0 wins and 1 loss. In the post game, they repeated this stat and during the post-game media scrum with Bernier, Henny brought up that it was his first career win against Detroit.

Wasn't Bernier in net against the Wings in the Winter Classic? Am I crazy or doesn't that game count towards the goalies and players stats? I feel pretty sure it was an oversight on their part but it's kind of amazing that a game with that much hype, atmosphere and with the Leafs on the winning side of the ledger would be overlooked by the Leafs own media, lol.
I said the exact same thing when I heard that and I couldn't believe they forgot about it. I mean considering all the hype of the Winter Classic and all times during this past summer it was replayed on the NHL Network in Canada, they would remember Bernier starting it and getting the win.

Tyler Biggs*

What....no controversy that the Leafs saluted the fans from in front of their net instead of at center ice???? The pundits and critics will have to use their fine-toothed comb to invent another controversy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

What people are saying (and I understand both ways) is that it's easier to say something negative than come in here and say that Carlyle coached a good game against a good team and that Bernier looked good.... and Gardiner played strong.

Instead people come in here and rip up here and make the same old excuses that how can we cheer for a team that's just going to collapse?

but...
people did say it was a well coached game and that the team looked good.
some people only post when the team is doing poorly. fact. some people who are here, don't know during alost. like. i said. basically the discussion is over.

i'm just still mystified everyone is going on how Bernier never won vs. the Red Wings, when he beat them in theWinter Classic.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What....no controversy that the Leafs saluted the fans from in front of their net instead of at center ice???? The pundits and critics will have to use their fine-toothed comb to invent another controversy.
That was mentioned by Paul Romanuk and Mike Jonhson, however at least the media didn't ask any of the players why didn't skate to centre ice like they usually do.

Tyler Biggs*

Good game by the Buds tonight. Hope Polak isn't gone for a while. He's been one of the bright spots on the team.

A good game that kept us on edge until the third period. I really like the fact that Carlyle had all four lines rolling tonight and they held their own against the Wings. Bozak again has shown his worth and I don't know why he gets criticized as much as he does. Hope they bring the same effort against Pittsburgh on Wednesday night! GLG!

Last edited by a moderator:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

It's also a lot easier to pinpoint what went right, Bozak scoring on his short handed rush, the outcome can't be any better than that. It makes no sense to have 500 posts talking about whether he could have used a little more style.

When things don't get well though, it's usually for a multitude of reasons, x player didn't clear the zone, y player didn't cover etc etc. That of course is going to have more discussion as everyone will have a different opinion what REALLY went wrong on whatever play.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012

It's human nature to rip on failure. It's easier than praising victory. We don't rubberneck good driving we rubberneck accidents. Same applies here.

Good game by the leafs. Not much else to say. Bad game by the leafs. Lots to pull apart where did things break down etc etc.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
It's also a lot easier to pinpoint what went right, Bozak scoring on his short handed rush, the outcome can't be any better than that. It makes no sense to have 500 posts talking about whether he could have used a little more style.

When things don't get well though, it's usually for a multitude of reasons, x player didn't clear the zone, y player didn't cover etc etc. That of course is going to have more discussion as everyone will have a different opinion what REALLY went wrong on whatever play.

When things go well, it should be a multitude of things that go good too though.

Like no one talks about how Kadri takes a hit to make a play on the 1st goal. Just an example, I'm not sure if it was the 1st goal or not.

Yes, it's easy to say that the Leafs put the puck in the net more than the Wings, but no one says more than that.

During losses, people come in here and say they should have played the 4th line more. Well, they played the same amount during a win, so maybe that wasn't a problem? During losses, it was Carlyle's fault and should be fired, but when there's a win he gets zero praise.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
When things go well, it should be a multitude of things that go good too though.

Like no one talks about how Kadri takes a hit to make a play on the 1st goal. Just an example, I'm not sure if it was the 1st goal or not.

Yes, it's easy to say that the Leafs put the puck in the net more than the Wings, but no one says more than that.

During losses, people come in here and say they should have played the 4th line more. Well, they played the same amount during a win, so maybe that wasn't a problem? During losses, it was Carlyle's fault and should be fired, but when there's a win he gets zero praise.

It's not that people don't mention these things, it's just there's nothing to discuss. Nobody is going to dispute it was good that Kadri took the hit to make the play.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

You're Upset about content fans? That's just looking for a reason to *****.

If there's a 9-2 loss expect posts cuz it's unusual, if a player scores five goals, expect posts cuz it's unusual.

All those instances you described in your post are just players doing their jobs......

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
It's not that people don't mention these things, it's just there's nothing to discuss. Nobody is going to dispute it was good that Kadri took the hit to make the play.

So lets talk about that then. Some fans seem to think that our offensive catalyst should not take hits to make or stop plays since they could get injured (overreaching here). So it was nice and inspiring to see Kadri take that hit and then Komarov could force him self close to their net a get the goal.

Getting the goal was huge for the team, but I think the way the goal was created and scored was just as important. It was a display of character and determination and that is infectious.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Red Wings sure play a dull game. Hopefully we're just about done with these guys for the year.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

Probably because we've seen this all before. Win now. 18 wheeler later. I just can't get excited for this team right now. Maybe a 24-3-3 for the next 30 games might do it. and even then....

Honestly with the core we have, and with McDavid and Eichel in the draft, The only thing that would make me happy is
a) The Stanley cup
b) top 5 pick with a chance to win the lottery.

T

Tyler Biggs*

Good solid game, especially 3rd period, not out of the water yet, Florida Ottawa and Detroit all have games in hand over the Leafs. Standings can change so fast and if the Leafs are going to make the playoffs which would make me a happy camper, they need to put out 60 minutes of hockey. Good to see them bounce back after Buffalo and Nashville, Stamkos said it, they're not a bad team.

That's how you do it....good game by the buds.

Tyler Biggs*

That was mentioned by Paul Romanuk and Mike Jonhson, however at least the media didn't ask any of the players why didn't skate to centre ice like they usually do.

They didn't salute long enough or have their sticks at proper saluting angles... I still feel snubbed.

I for one could care less if they salute with their sticks or not. Let it go people! What matters is if they win and hopefully make the playoffs.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

But we can pick apart a guy that doesn't have end zone coverage that led to a goal?

This is my point. I'd like to hear some positive discussions about what transpired during the game. Or even 1 post about what a great play it was to do it.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
You're Upset about content fans? That's just looking for a reason to *****.

If there's a 9-2 loss expect posts cuz it's unusual, if a player scores five goals, expect posts cuz it's unusual.

All those instances you described in your post are just players doing their jobs......

I'm not upset about the content fans. I'm upset that we have 900 posts when we lose, but people tend to stay away when they win just waiting to comment on the way they will just collapse at the end of the season.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
They didn't salute long enough or have their sticks at proper saluting angles... I still feel snubbed.

I for one could care less if they salute with their sticks or not. Let it go people! What matters is if they win and hopefully make the playoffs.

for goodness sakes. it wasn't that they saluted with the sticks or not - it was the intent and perception that it caused. Also, for someone who keeps saying they couldn't care less about it, you are constantly bringing it up. no one else is. just you. so stop mentioning it.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
But we can pick apart a guy that doesn't have end zone coverage that led to a goal?

This is my point. I'd like to hear some positive discussions about what transpired during the game. Or even 1 post about what a great play it was to do it.

and again: there was. earlier. also not a lot of people were ON last night, you have to remember that as well. (I dunno what's going on).

like. the point of discussion is that most people have various points of view -even if they have a similar mindset, someone could see it differently. like...

okay Franson. Franson is having avery good season, and he is helpful now, et cetc etc. that will keep the discussion going.

even saying Carlyle coached a good game today - he did. having several people go "yeah i think he had agood game, but ultimately he's probably going to be fired -something I think everyone knows, including him), what more is there to say. there's nothing at all to counter it. People said it. some people agree. Having 900 posts saying "yeah, Carlyle coached a good game is tired and redundant."

finding reasons why he DIDN'T is WHY losing threads GDT/PGT are longer (or failing to take ahit, or abad save, or awiffed assignment). because there's something to discuss)

it's like saying going to the store and saying t someone. I like vanilla ice cream.
and then I go. I like vanilla too.
what more to do say after that? NO i mean. I REALLY LIKE VANILLA
"ME TOO!"

discussion happens when the person goes -no, vanilla is okay but I like chocolate.

maybe instead of saying "wait where's everyone because we won" why not just start up with "so what about XYZ" and see if it prompts discussion. I'd like to see people stop bickering and fighting and fighting over the silliest things but i have a better chance of waking up a supermodel tomorrow than that happening.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

I don't love the salute either and am fine with it going the way of the dodo. It's not about the stupid salute.

People were upset (myself included) that they made this passive-aggressive, adolescent, backroom decision to give a little "f you" to the fans.

For the team to lose is disappointing. For them to get outworked or outplayed is frustrating. But for them to demonstrate their disdain for us--especially when they have done nothing but let us down for the past several years--is unacceptable. That's why people were upset.

Tyler Biggs*

Love Komarov. Whether he scores 5 goals or 50 goals this season, you always know when he's on the ice. He brings a ton to the table; nice to see him get a reward for the hard work.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00