Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I went to the Spitfires' fire sale today; pretty impressive overall. Lineup to get in, most things were $25 or less (incl. jackets/hoodies). They only allowed a dozen or so in the store at a time. Things were being sold out as I was in there. Props to them.

Reactions: KyGuy9

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I went to the Spitfires' fire sale today; pretty impressive overall. Lineup to get in, most things were $25 or less (incl. jackets/hoodies). They only allowed a dozen or so in the store at a time. Things were being sold out as I was in there. Props to them.

Someone has to try to make money....

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
He doesn’t like anything just ignore him. It’s one of the smartest things the owners have done. Get rid of merch that’s just gonna collect dust, most of it dated instead of tossing it. Something better than nothing. It’s to bad they don’t realize you can’t run a team like a regular business.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012

I went in not expecting much, but it was a lot of fun, there were some really great prices. They pulled out a bunch of merch they must have been sitting on for a few years. Had things like $2 signed official pucks by Vilardi, Brown, etc. $25 used skates and gloves, and $5 hats and shirts. Spent a decent amount here, and it appeared that everyone else there did as well.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I only bought a hoodie, as that's all I have been looking at for the last little while, but I saw people spending well into three figures, pushing four figures. It was pretty impressive. Frankly, I went in thinking there might be a few people in the store, so to see a lineup and close to a dozen people inside the actual store... very impressive. They're pushing everything you can think of; heck, even have 10cent photos for various players. With the OHL being uncertain right now, and winter coming, this was a golden chance for the club to make some money, get some their hockey fix, AND get the rest thinking about the team.

With that said, I do wonder if they'll come out with new merch before Christmas. You don't really have a fire sale if you're not bringing something in to replace it.

Reactions: KyGuy9

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I only bought a hoodie, as that's all I have been looking at for the last little while, but I saw people spending well into three figures, pushing four figures. It was pretty impressive. Frankly, I went in thinking there might be a few people in the store, so to see a lineup and close to a dozen people inside the actual store... very impressive. They're pushing everything you can think of; heck, even have 10cent photos for various players. With the OHL being uncertain right now, and winter coming, this was a golden chance for the club to make some money, get some their hockey fix, AND get the rest thinking about the team.

With that said, I do wonder if they'll come out with new merch before Christmas. You don't really have a fire sale if you're not bringing something in to replace it.

People r still not thinking about ohl hockey with the couple dozen that showed up for a sale of old merchandise they were peddling.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Just a sidenote for individuals that believe if the OHL came back viewership on tv would increase. Here we go with some numbers since the pandemic hit.

Ekab14UXgAITj6G

stips

Apr 3, 2016
Maybe the dentist is interested again lol
If the dentist bought the team, they could extend all the coaches contract and build the team around a 5' 6", 140 pound defenceman.
This certainly would be inspiring news for the fans.
They wouldn't have a problem filling the 2000 seats for this OHL Season!!!!!

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
People r still not thinking about ohl hockey with the couple dozen that showed up for a sale of old merchandise they were peddling.

Couple dozen? Nice try! There was a great turn out today! Great deals on merch, ton's of people taking advantage of this great sale, with your recent negative posts about this sale.....You proved no matter what this team does you are going to crap on it. Kind of sad and pathetic no?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Couple dozen? Nice try! There was a great turn out today! Great deals on merch, ton's of people taking advantage of this great sale, with your recent negative posts about this sale.....You proved no matter what this team does you are going to crap on it. Kind of sad and pathetic no?
I honestly don't think they live in the Windsor area, sad to say, but I'm betting it's a Knights fan with a fake account

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

It was a great event for parents/families - kid going to ask for Spits stuff for Christmas? Cool, come grab some tees for $10 or jackets/hoodies for $25. Jerseys on sale. $2 signed pucks. Tons of other items for dirt cheap. I've been pretty sceptical about some of their ideas in the past but this was one of the better ones. Extend hours, have everything on sale on a non-holiday weekend, and let people shop for Christmas. Plus you get a bit of a hockey fix, which I think most of us have been looking for. It's a win-win. You won't find many places that sell hoodies that last for 10+ years for $25.

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
It was a great event for parents/families - kid going to ask for Spits stuff for Christmas? Cool, come grab some tees for $10 or jackets/hoodies for $25. Jerseys on sale. $2 signed pucks. Tons of other items for dirt cheap. I've been pretty sceptical about some of their ideas in the past but this was one of the better ones. Extend hours, have everything on sale on a non-holiday weekend, and let people shop for Christmas. Plus you get a bit of a hockey fix, which I think most of us have been looking for. It's a win-win. You won't find many places that sell hoodies that last for 10+ years for $25.

Exactly! This Fire Sale was a hit! Lot's of great merch! The Spit's always have great sales. Last year @ the rookie camp they had their great equipment sale, I picked up a pair of gloves that were in literally mint condition, lightly used by Austin McEneny , these gloves are not cheap new, $229.99 plus tax, I got these for $65 !!

Reactions: OHLTG and KyGuy9

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Exactly! This Fire Sale was a hit! Lot's of great merch! The Spit's always have great sales. Last year @ the rookie camp they had their great equipment sale, I picked up a pair of gloves that were in literally mint condition, lightly used by Austin McEneny , these gloves are not cheap new, $229.99 plus tax, I got these for $65 !!

I had to go back again today to scoop another pair of skates for a buddy of mine. $25 for Bauer Vapor 1X's... these were going for $1000 a few years back, and are still on sale at $600 today. Use them for a season and you've made your money's worth. Can't beat it.

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
I had to go back again today to scoop another pair of skates for a buddy of mine. $25 for Bauer Vapor 1X's... these were going for $1000 a few years back, and are still on sale at $600 today. Use them for a season and you've made your money's worth. Can't beat it.

That's awesome!! Can't beat that! Another great deal they had @ the equipment sale last year was the helmets with visors ...$75!! Crazy prices!!

Reactions: OHLTG and KyGuy9

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
That's awesome!! Can't beat that! Another great deal they had @ the equipment sale last year was the helmets with visors ...$75!! Crazy prices!!

I actually picked up a helmet today to finally replace my 10+ year old one. No visor, but brand-new in box CCM Tacks 710 helmet. They're going for $200 on any retailer you look online now. The guy there told me that they were for the players this upcoming season, but due to the colour switch they had to get rid of them. $75. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad