Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I've always felt that, unless someone inside the bubble/situation says it, asterisks don't belong. We're not the ones competing. We have no idea what it's like being a person inside of that situation so who are we to judge?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I've always felt that, unless someone inside the bubble/situation says it, asterisks don't belong. We're not the ones competing. We have no idea what it's like being a person inside of that situation so who are we to judge?

U honestly think they would say it?
Lol

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Not sure why an asterisk is even brought up. So what if the year finished different then others. Each team had the same break. Its not like Tampa was found to be cheating or anything. But then again you always have to be different i guess.

It is very different than other years.
Hence the asterisk.
If everyone was the same. What a boring world it be

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Which Spits will get drafted and in what round?
My guess....
#1.......Round #2.... Foudy
#2.......Round #3... Cuylle
#3.......Round #4....Rafkin
#4.......R0und #5....D’Amico

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
My guess....
Foudy and Cuylle both go in round 2. Rafkin in 5th round and not sure D'Amico will get drafted. Might be a surprise pick ( Robinson/Henault) in the later rounds but we will know better next week.

Reactions: punch1943

member 71782

My guess....

Cuylle - Late 2nd
Foudy - Late 2nd/early 3rd
Rafkin - 5th
Medina - 6th
McDonald - Late 6th
Robinson - Late 7th
Henault - Not drafted
D'Amico - Not drafted
Douglas - Not redrafted

Reactions: punch1943

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Cuylle - Late 2nd
Foudy - Late 2nd/early 3rd
Rafkin - 5th
Medina - 6th
McDonald - Late 6th
Robinson - Late 7th
Henault - Not drafted
D'Amico - Not drafted
Douglas - Not redrafted

I missed Medina being available. I'll agree with the 6th for him. I prefer Cuylle over Foudy but suspect the NHL will take speed over grit.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I haven't found anywhere that Medina, McDonald, Robinson, D'Amico have been ranked for the upcoming draft. Is everyone picking them as dark horses, or have I just missed some rankings somewhere?

Seems like stretch to me.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I haven't found anywhere that Medina, McDonald, Robinson, D'Amico have been ranked for the upcoming draft. Is everyone picking them as dark horses, or have I just missed some rankings somewhere?

I don't mind D'Amico but I didn't see much of a difference between the 2nd year of him and the 3rd. Maybe he caught an eye of a team but I couldn't really tell you what type of player he would be in the NHL.

member 71782

I missed Medina being available. I'll agree with the 6th for him. I prefer Cuylle over Foudy but suspect the NHL will take speed over grit.

Normally I would agree with the speed over grit view but in this case I can see it reversed.

Foudy has all that speed but struggles to use it to take advantage of his teammates. His goal scoring improved this past season but he's seen as more of a playmaker and that part of his game suffered. In the NHL he'll have better players to help with that but currently if he doesn't see an opening he just skates in circles until he skates himself out of the zone. He won't be able to do that at the next level. Needs to improve his decision making and shooting to be more effective with his speed and possession abilities.

Cuylle has an elite shot and needs to improve his overall game which, while his scoring didn't reach the levels us fans hoped for it didn't drop off a cliff either, just became a bit too hot and cold. He did however take some strides in the rest of his game which combined with more consistent use of his shooting abilities will help him.

Both were used poorly much of this season IMO and both have room to improve quite a bit but regardless of which one goes first they'll both go close to each other.

Reactions: windsor7

member 71782

Agree that they're all dark horses at this point but except for D'Amico and Medina they were all ranked at one point or another early in the season. I think coaching decisions, how they were used affected McDonald and Robinson, Henault brings offence but his defensive awareness is really lacking. D'Amico can score but can be inconsistent, though he was better this year but doesn't bring much else. Medina was a rookie back up that showed steady progression and took over the starters role which should get him a chance at being a late round pick.

Those five are dark horses, have some skill but either lack more than their main skill, one dimensional or were buried behind vets in lower roles while vets were given the opportunities they weren't earning most nights.

It's not likely they all get drafted of course but of those five Robinson, McDonald and Medina have the most upside with better all around skillsets and potential.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
My guess...

Cuylle, Foudy, and Rafkin all get drafted somewhere, starting in the late second round.

Out of Medina, Robinson, and McDonald, I can maybe see Medina getting drafted in the sixth or seventh. He showed solid improvement as the season went on and his poise can't be overlooked. Robinson and McDonald need a big 2020-21.

D'Amico is that sparkplug but I'd imagine he'll be a camp invite somewhere, rather than being drafted.

Douglas/Henault could both be late-round picks. There's plenty of upside with both, esp Douglas. Guys with that size and scoring ability don't grow on trees (they ARE trees lol).

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Bigger issue is how much are the players being hurt by the lack of proper coaching and the other intangibles that go along with it??

Reactions: punch1943 and OHLTG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad