Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It was a great event for parents/families - kid going to ask for Spits stuff for Christmas? Cool, come grab some tees for $10 or jackets/hoodies for $25. Jerseys on sale. $2 signed pucks. Tons of other items for dirt cheap. I've been pretty sceptical about some of their ideas in the past but this was one of the better ones. Extend hours, have everything on sale on a non-holiday weekend, and let people shop for Christmas. Plus you get a bit of a hockey fix, which I think most of us have been looking for. It's a win-win. You won't find many places that sell hoodies that last for 10+ years for $25.

Hockey fix?
Just staying healthy should be the priority.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor's numbers are WAY down; four days over 10 cases, total, since start of Sept. Save for some stubborn folks, this area has done an outstanding job in staying safe.

Difference of opinion completely.
Swamp land availableto buy.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm not stating an opinion - since the start of Sept, Windsor has had 10+ cases just four times. Sept 11, Oct 8, Oct 11, Oct 14. Every day besides those were single digits. Those are the facts straight from WECHU site. The city has done an incredible job of keeping everyone safe, following guidelines, and ensuring businesses stay open. You can dispute that all you want, but you'd be wrong.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I'm not stating an opinion - since the start of Sept, Windsor has had 10+ cases just four times. Sept 11, Oct 8, Oct 11, Oct 14. Every day besides those were single digits. Those are the facts straight from WECHU site. The city has done an incredible job of keeping everyone safe, following guidelines, and ensuring businesses stay open. You can dispute that all you want, but you'd be wrong.

Covid is all around n not going away anytime soon....

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It's strange... no matter how you look at this current situation, whether it's "get back to normal ASAP!", "shut it down", or anything in between, this is going to be something we look back on for years and likely generations. Normally, we'd be almost a month into the season, talking about what the team has done right and/or wrong, and trying to figure out where they go from here. Now, we have to actively think about what day it is and even what month it is at times (doesn't feel like Hallowe'en is two weeks away). Nobody knows when we'll step back in the rink or how it'll be when we do. I don't know about anyone else, but once it's safe and we can return to the rink, I'm sure going to soak it all in. I'm going to enjoy just being there. I miss it... and am not sorry about that.

spitz fan 4ever

May 13, 2012
Hearing thru the vine that there’s more than just (Afanasyev) going to Europe to play(OHL players that is)...will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->