Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
ya no kidding, it's rather adorable that most 7 posts dull is there to "like" and vice versa.
ahhh the bromance... so cute..

Such a cute bromance that I have liked 1 of his last 22 posts on this board. In other words I liked 4% of his last 22 posts. Yep I like most of his posts..... If you're going to make a statement like that make sure you get it right. Fortunately it's really easy to check those things and yes I stopped counting after 22 because jeez you want to go 25 or 30 to make it better. So yeah both you and Teflon would be off base. Have a good one :)

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Pretty easy to go back and unlike!! That’s utter BS and I’m calling you on it! I’ve seen more than one myself. I let it go earlier just because but if ya wanna start beating on each other I’m happy to go that way if need be?? The 2 of you have been in lockstep quite often end of story.

Reactions: Travis Bickle 77

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Pretty easy to go back and unlike!! That’s utter BS and I’m calling you on it! I’ve seen more than one myself. I let it go earlier just because but if ya wanna start beating on each other I’m happy to go that way if need be?? The 2 of you have been in lockstep quite often end of story.

I didn't like those posts and unlike them. In fact if you liked something why all of a sudden would you unlike it?? Unless they changed their post but that would be a very large chasm to make a change like that. I think if you're calling me out on it you should show me proof about that because it's quite easy to do that. You can try and say end of the story but you have dove down that rabbit hole now. So you let it go and now you call me out on it, what does beating on each other do?? Sure go the other way if need be if it meant your last couple posts weren't dedicated to myself and windsor7.

I would be remiss if I didn't say there are quite few others that would be deemed lockstep because the lack of playoff success, regular season success and struggling at the gate has been a talking point with many for some time. Does that mean they agree with windsor7 as well? Hell both you and Windsor7 take shots at the coaching staff guess that means you and windsor7 are two peas in a pod. This is why I wanted to show you how ridiculous it sounds when you say it.

Furthermore I said a long time ago the like feature is one of the worst things on this board because it gives people the ability to poke the bear in a sense. For example there's a certain someone that would take pot shots at certain people on this board and another person would automatically like their post. You do you Teflon just like anyone else can do themselves.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
don't know why anyone cares what Windsor7 or razar posts.

end of the day they both trend hard to the 'everything is awful' perspective and generally are incredibly slow or shy to promote a positive thought. no different then hl11 and ohltg who are the polar opposite of that perspective. they are the 'all is great'. razar agreed with everything I was saying back in the latta/mizzi days, disagreed with everything I said once things looked better.

end of the day who cares, perspectives and thoughts are obvious on all those posters, there are so many good 'in between' posters like cfaub that bring a much more balanced and honest look. everyone has their cards to play, some on one side, some on the other. by now we all know who is what, judge the comments accordingly and your good.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
don't know why anyone cares what Windsor7 or razar posts.

end of the day they both trend hard to the 'everything is awful' perspective and generally are incredibly slow or shy to promote a positive thought. no different then hl11 and ohltg who are the polar opposite of that perspective. they are the 'all is great'. razar agreed with everything I was saying back in the latta/mizzi days, disagreed with everything I said once things looked better.

end of the day who cares, perspectives and thoughts are obvious on all those posters, there are so many good 'in between' posters like cfaub that bring a much more balanced and honest look. everyone has their cards to play, some on one side, some on the other. by now we all know who is what, judge the comments accordingly and your good.

The problem is people have preconceived notions and won't change their minds. I don't view myself is super negative at this point just very skeptical of where this organization is headed. I would further add ownership shuffle etc.. that's all based on real life stuff and people can have their views. I still fail to see how any of thing is viewed as a success. A success that the dentist didn't take over sure? A success that the person obviously wanting to sell it didn't get the sale complete and left with an owner who nobody knows what their true motives are now.

In regards to Teflon dude wants to call me out I show him proof to the contrary and he accuses me of something I didn't even do. If he wants to accuse me of something at least show some proof that I did it. I have liked posts of yours, Teflon. CFaub etc.. That doesn't mean I am attached at the hip to someone. I stand by my statement the "like" feature is the worst thing a board can have. It creates a divide at the end of the day.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The problem is people have preconceived notions and won't change their minds. I don't view myself is super negative at this point just very skeptical of where this organization is headed. I would further add ownership shuffle etc.. that's all based on real life stuff and people can have their views. I still fail to see how any of thing is viewed as a success. A success that the dentist didn't take over sure? A success that the person obviously wanting to sell it didn't get the sale complete and left with an owner who nobody knows what their true motives are now.

In regards to Teflon dude wants to call me out I show him proof to the contrary and he accuses me of something I didn't even do. If he wants to accuse me of something at least show some proof that I did it. I have liked posts of yours, Teflon. CFaub etc.. That doesn't mean I am attached at the hip to someone. I stand by my statement the "like" feature is the worst thing a board can have. It creates a divide at the end of the day.

i have no idea what posts you have liked or not, but there is a trend in your narrative towards a side, mostly it seems as a way to take shots at another poster, but i have no idea what the story is there, but it looks like there is a history of some sort. i remember posting positively about fouty, and you found a single negative thread to pull on. i posted that guys like latta and mizzi have no place in our lineup, and you jumped all over my posts saying how right i was after ohltg defended it.

sometimes its not always awful, just as sometimes its not always prefect. most of the time its in the middle, and if anyones posts don't reflect that, then theres a general bais to that persons posts, we all bring different perspectives, but we allow our own bias to cloud the true reality just because we cant see the forest for the trees, or just don't want to due to other factors.

no different from the guys who only post great things, theres never a world that its all great. shall we all remember the game winning goals being the best metric to just rookies debates in 2018 and how it disappeared and those guys went back to pts the next year?

i don't care, you do you, but lets not act like everyone doesn't see it and we're all stupid.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Proof. I think the folks on here have seen enough to know you and 7 are in a club to yourselves. Don’t change the narrative by going over crap we’ve all discussed again, that’s something 7 does, oh wait..... You were simply called out for backing up 7. It’s my opinion and I stand by it. The constant negativity is frankly getting old, and this from a guy who rarely ever watches the team play!! Or do I need to prove that too??

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Proof. I think the folks on here have seen enough to know you and 7 are in a club to yourselves. Don’t change the narrative by going over crap we’ve all discussed again, that’s something 7 does, oh wait..... You were simply called out for backing up 7. It’s my opinion and I stand by it. The constant negativity is frankly getting old, and this from a guy who rarely ever watches the team play!! Or do I need to prove that too??

One again those are your words. You said I liked posts and took it off to make an example. Once again if you're going to make that type of accusation you need to back it up. Or else anything you say are empty words. Considering your last response before this was "LOL" you had nothing. Why does it bother you if I back up windsor7? Do you want to start a club to get him out of here?? What's it matter if I like his posts, or your posts, or someone else?? Not sure you understand what proof actually means.

the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact

b: the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning

So yes you made a statement in order to show validity you would need to show proof that I did something of that nature. The great part is that you're fully capable of doing that if you so choose but you decided not to.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" Hopefully we can get over this hissy fit and get back to discussing the Spitfires, the team we all root for.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Nothing nada zip zero.... there’s only crickets right now. Only thing I’m hearing is not only may we have trouble getting a season going but now there’s an issue brewing with billets and the fear players may bring COVID into those homes. I personally know of a number of billets rethinking the commitment around the league.

Reactions: punch1943

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Nothing nada zip zero.... there’s only crickets right now. Only thing I’m hearing is not only may we have trouble getting a season going but now there’s an issue brewing with billets and the fear players may bring COVID into those homes. I personally know of a number of billets rethinking the commitment around the league.

Very understandable.
Ohl problem.
Every team would be hurt by this a lot.
Maybe shut season down till January n rethink things.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
That’s one thing I hadn't thought of. It certainly is something to consider. If I were billeting kids I’d need to give it top priority.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Has the league announced any sort of financial help for teams in financial distress???

Some reports say this new normal could go on for 2 to 3 years.

Does Cypher have deep enough pockets to hold on?? Attendance was bad before this pandemic cant see it being any better if at some point fans can eventually go to games.

any thoughts???

Reactions: windsor7

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Well thankyou windsor7 for recognizing my post, I guess these type of questions doesnt fit the narritive on this board of the Spitfires, I think they call them snowflakes these days , I call them something else, lmfao.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well thankyou windsor7 for recognizing my post, I guess these type of questions doesnt fit the narritive on this board of the Spitfires, I think they call them snowflakes these days , I call them something else, lmfao.

Its one of the many questions nobody has answers to right now.
Maybe cypher will have to get cheaper than they already are.
Lol

Reactions: Sec108

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Not a word. I don’t think the leagues pockets are deep enough to financially help every team that’s likely to need it. If spectators aren’t allowed I see the season post-phoned until that changes. These teams aren’t normally money makers. Imho I see a shortened season at best. Really depends on what happens going toward year end and can the US get their shit together.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
The group that I most feel sorry for is the players (all players not just Spits players). They are caught in limbo. Consider the junior players still in high school. They may start their year at their hometown school, then move to their team's city in the middle of the school year. That will be a negative on their education. These players will also not have at opportunity to develop for the NHL draft. Older players that are drafted and not signed, such as Tyler Angle will not have the opportunity to prove to their NHL teams that they are worthy of being signed. Players looking to play University Hockey could be affected. If Universities are closed their will be 2 years of Junior players coming in, but the same number of open spots.

Players will also have their skills adversely impacted because they are not playing. While all of the players should be training on their own, that doesn't replace the game competition. Unlike people in "normal" occupations, these players have a "limited shelf life." Their skills will start to diminish at some point. Maybe the Corona virus is the real reason that Rafkin is not returning to Windsor this year.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Has the league announced any sort of financial help for teams in financial distress???

Some reports say this new normal could go on for 2 to 3 years.

Does Cypher have deep enough pockets to hold on?? Attendance was bad before this pandemic cant see it being any better if at some point fans can eventually go to games.

any thoughts???
No , can't see the league having that kind of available funds.

Cypher has a good amount of funds behind them - but there is no chance they will spend it on the Spits with all the development they are trying to do.

At some point this year there will be hockey, I'm guessing late October once they get a " plan" in place from the league. There will be little to no profit for almost every team in the league this year, most teams can stay afloat for maybe 1 year hoping to make it back the year after but if this carries on I can see teams folding or trying to sell. There are teams in this league that have never made a profit and we still have 20 teams so there is hope.

Kids have played hockey for as long as I can remember so it will be worked out.

Edit/add - Teams like London ( example) will have the hardest time with this. They will have to learn how to operate close to the red. They will have to cut back on a lot of their "luxury" spending. Teams like Missy ( example) will be fine, they have been doing this for years.

Last edited:

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
I really thought maybe the league and Mr Branch had a plan for the have not teams.Even though theyre not playing games the expenses do not stop.

Lets hope it doesnt go past this season alot of players will be hurt I agree.

Im sure WR is sipping a cold beverage somewhere in Tecumseh glad he cashed in his chips awhile back.

Reactions: OHL 17

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I really thought maybe the league and Mr Branch had a plan for the have not teams.Even though theyre not playing games the expenses do not stop.

Lets hope it doesnt go past this season alot of players will be hurt I agree.

Im sure WR is sipping a cold beverage somewhere in Tecumseh glad he cashed in his chips awhile back.

Cashed out is "one" way of putting what happened....

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
It is the middle of July and as far as the pandemic, it's worse today then March. Tensions high for a 2nd wave and the 1st wave isn't over and the U.S. hits new heights daily. Ontario will see a surge once things open more. The whole sports thing with fans is a pipe dream right now. With billets involved,schools, cross border teams, liability, I don't expect a 20-21 season. They are reporting today already having Covid protects you only for a few weeks. Vaccine, hopefully, long lasting protection, doubtful at this point. How many will refuse to take it anyways. f.b. faithful will generate some kind of hoax as usual. Too many fools out there. Get used to the new Norm. Masks will eventually become mandatory everywhere for some time to come. I'm sick of the defiance of people who refuse to wear them. The western world still too selfish to change with the times. The numbers are the proof. You don't want to comply just f-off. I'm tired of fools thinking it will disappear on it's own. There is nothing more I would like than to resume the"old way" and crowds are allowed. Without fans in the stands,the CHL will evaporate. Their pockets are deep enough with this new lawsuit pending. You want to enjoy sports again, buckle up and do your part and promote the same. I've talked to many fellow STH and they all have stated that you won't catch them in the WFCU until there is a cure/prevention. I doubt my relatives and friends are different than yours. Die hard fans to the point they don't want to die to watch the SPITS. Too many questions, I truly feel horrible for the age group stuck in Junior hockey at present. Missing games/practice/season? It sucks beyond words. Selfish f-nuts prevents the rest of us from putting this behind us.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Selfish f-nuts prevents the rest of us from putting this behind us.

This. I see a ton of "it's just the flu" or "masks are just to control you. Screw you!!" on my social media and it's incredible. Back in March, I said that we could be back to nearly normal come Sept IF we all did our part. Instead, people whine, moan, and complain about stupid things and refuse to actually help. A buddy of mine in FL, who's a nurse, just ICU'ed for COVID. After he recovered, he said (paraphrase) "Do whatever you can to make sure you don't get this" as he described his symptoms along the way. We're talking a fairly strong "you're not taking away my rights" guy, too. Those who complain about the small inconveniences now have zero room to complain if we're still like this by Christmas (or beyond).

Reactions: Cherrydon

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
This. I see a ton of "it's just the flu" or "masks are just to control you. Screw you!!" on my social media and it's incredible. Back in March, I said that we could be back to nearly normal come Sept IF we all did our part. Instead, people whine, moan, and complain about stupid things and refuse to actually help. A buddy of mine in FL, who's a nurse, just ICU'ed for COVID. After he recovered, he said (paraphrase) "Do whatever you can to make sure you don't get this" as he described his symptoms along the way. We're talking a fairly strong "you're not taking away my rights" guy, too. Those who complain about the small inconveniences now have zero room to complain if we're still like this by Christmas (or beyond).

If we r still in this situation by Christmas so be it.
Might be the new normal.
Nothing more to do but live with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad