Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Says the guy who wanted Windsor to get a 20 year old Popovich for a 5th and a 3rd.
His numbers are equal to Windsor's tenders and he has more experience 4 years then Windsor's goalies combined and since the deadline 18 games ago Flint D has 6 experienced D compared to 4,what were the standings before that,own it.
Besides if Windsor added like the others people here would be screaming, if they deleted people would be screaming, now I didn't expect the likes of Foudy, Cuylle, McDonald and Henault to all go into a collective funk,those things happen, much to your delight,because of your animosity and abandonment of this team since 2011.
If I am this team management I careless about fair weather fans,of which you are king.

Do things look rosey from the ivory tower?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Says the guy who wanted Windsor to get a 20 year old Popovich for a 5th and a 3rd.
His numbers are equal to Windsor's tenders and he has more experience 4 years then Windsor's goalies combined and since the deadline 18 games ago Flint D has 6 experienced D compared to 4,what were the standings before that,own it.
Besides if Windsor added like the others people here would be screaming, if they deleted people would be screaming, now I didn't expect the likes of Foudy, Cuylle, McDonald and Henault to all go into a collective funk,those things happen, much to your delight,because of your animosity and abandonment of this team since 2011.
If I am this team management I careless about fair weather fans .

A previous post earlier by you says experience matters. If getting Popovich meant opening up an import slot to improve this team that would have been terrific.

I guess you the last 6 weeks have passed you by quickly. You're taking a page out of the OHLTG playbook saying Bowler would have faced criticism regardless. So it's a shock to you that Foudy/Cuylle have gone in a funk?? You always say players go into slumps it's part of hockey.... Why are you acting like change would have been bad?? Change could have challenged this team that management/coaches believed in them. Instead they have done a 180.

You're terrific at deflecting and saying I abandoned the team..... Pointing out how things really went south after 2011 isn't being fair weather or abandoning the team. I still dvr the games and watch them. Let me guess you shilling for this organization saying you're proud to be a Windsor Spitfire fan and telling the team to take a bow pays the bills for you....

Well just for you.

TenseDemandingArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

Come at me bro lets go.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
If I am this team management I careless about fair weather fans,of which you are king.
Do you know Popovich wouldn’t do better here then in Flint? No you don’t. DiPietro’s numbers were worse in Ottawa then in Windsor. I’m sure you will have excuses as to why tho. He wasn’t great in playoffs for Ottawa either he was above average but nothing like he was in windsor.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Now that you mention it that arrogant smug look on Donald's face does remind me of you,didn't realize it before.
And I am not going to waste an oa spot in goal on a team not going for it.
I am sure London is praying that Brochu doesn't go down,because with Myskiw in goal they are ffed.
I will feel the same way if Popovich were here if Windsor were going for it.
And besides with your vast array of OHL managerial experience ,I am sure you can impart what was said in the all discussions Bowler had with his rival gms,if aren't privy you have nothing to say.
You were scant in your praise, always have been,for this year's play till the deadline, but now they have struggled mostly at home,you rear your ugly comments, that's the kind of fan I respect.
I have expressed disappointment etc just dont go to extremes,that's ok in your world not mine
And you never own things either.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Now that you mention it that arrogant smug look on Donald's face does remind me of you,didn't realize it before.
I am sure London is praying that Brochu doesn't go down,because with Myskiw in goal they are ffed.
And besides with your vast array of OHL managerial experience ,I am sure you can impart what was said in the all discussions Bowler had with his rival gms,if aren't privy you have nothing to say.
You were scant in your praise, always have been,for this year's play till the deadline, but now they have struggled mostly at home,you rear your ugly comments, that's the kind of fan I respect.
I have expressed disappointment etc just dont go to extremes,that's ok in your world not mine

Owning up to things......
U know what was said with bowler n the other gms?????

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

London improved their oa situation with Phillips and Willms. Obviously they weren't going for it judging by the trade deadline. That doesn't preclude the team from hanging in there as opposed from going 1st to 5th very quickly. I don't care to know the discussions Bowler had with other GMs nor do is it really matter because we already know what the team did. Just because you don't make a move doesn't preclude you from criticism. You chalking their failures up just because they haven't won at home is failing to look at the teams they have lost to. I will take a page out of your book when you said I had scant praise the same could be said for you glossing over or expressing disappointment. What is there to own?? A team that played well come January and Letowski's track record of his teams continuously failing to achieve much in the 2nd half now I have to own that. I wasn't the one telling the team to take a bow after a random game or saying you're proud to be a Spitfires fan after a random game as well. The team show come out to The Who-Won't Get Fooled Again because this is what the 2nd half has been.

Reactions: OHL 17

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
In case anyone cares...

Windsor in Oshawa tonight and, should Boka play, he'll break the all-time Spitfires' record for games played (307).

Okay, carry on...

Maybe a mysterious injury again n will get the record at home on Thursday .......

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
His numbers are equal to Windsor's tenders and he has more experience 4 years then Windsor's goalies combined

Popovich is an .897 save %

Medina is a .879 save % and Piiroinen is a .874 save %.

Those aren't even closet to similar, let alone "equal"

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If I'm the team and wanted to extend it to Thursday, I'd just say "healthy." No mind games, no BSing, just "he's healthy and we want the record at home."

Mysterious is how they like it though.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
London improved their oa situation with Phillips and Willms. Obviously they weren't going for it judging by the trade deadline. That doesn't preclude the team from hanging in there as opposed from going 1st to 5th very quickly. I don't care to know the discussions Bowler had with other GMs nor do is it really matter because we already know what the team did. Just because you don't make a move doesn't preclude you from criticism. You chalking their failures up just because they haven't won at home is failing to look at the teams they have lost to. I will take a page out of your book when you said I had scant praise the same could be said for you glossing over or expressing disappointment. What is there to own?? A team that played well come January and Letowski's track record of his teams continuously failing to achieve much in the 2nd half now I have to own that. I wasn't the one telling the team to take a bow after a random game or saying you're proud to be a Spitfires fan after a random game as well. The team show come out to The Who-Won't Get Fooled Again because this is what the 2nd half has been.

Let's see Windsor and 2nd half failures re Letowski,1st year everyone that contributed mightily to the Mem Cup run were moved besides Dipietro, they were top 4 in conference before deals,struggled for a while came back last 15 and scared the heck of Sarnia, in round 1,last year a month prior to deadline their best player Dipietro was dealt again they were in a good spot,coupled with some crippling injuries no immediate return on Dipietro, unexpected moves re Starikov and Morgan,so the rest of the year with a young inexperienced group.
This season decision was made not to make moves to go for it,the 4 teams around them all did, and because we all dont what was discussed between Bowler and his rivals,coupled with the fact the team was playing very well,why change things unless for the better for now and in the future, don't think they expected a 3rd of team experience tough times through till now.
Not once during Letowski time here and in Sarnia did management improve the team while
he was coaching ,and for the times in Windsor I can see why.
If they had I would agree with you,but because it hasn't here,Sarnia I dont.
But then fairness has never been one of your attributes, just your negativity.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Let's see Windsor and 2nd half failures re Letowski,1st year everyone that contributed mightily to the Mem Cup run were moved besides Dipietro, they were top 4 in conference before deals,struggled for a while came back last 15 and scared the heck of Sarnia, in round 1,last year a month prior to deadline their best player Dipietro was dealt again they were in a good spot,coupled with some crippling injuries no immediate return on Dipietro, unexpected moves re Starikov and Morgan,so the rest of the year with a young inexperienced group.
This season decision was made not to make moves to go for it,the 4 teams around them all did, and because we all dont what was discussed between Bowler and his rivals,coupled with the fact the team was playing very well,why change things unless for the better for now and in the future, don't think they expected a 3rd of team experience tough times through till now.
Not once during Letowski time here and in Sarnia did management improve the team while
he was coaching ,and for the times in Windsor I can see why.
If they had I would agree with you,but because it hasn't here,Sarnia I dont.
But then fairness has never been one of your attributes, just your negativity.

So everything is an excuse.
Windsor doesn't have to own up to any of it.
Got it.

Reactions: aresknights

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
I personally am not going to give excuses for the downward trend the Spitfires are currently riding. A handful of players have been playing decent, goaltending, defence with the exception of Corcoran have looked horrible. Overall effort has not been good, and in the last month Spit's have been taking some really dumb penalties. With 13 games left the Spit's have put themselves in a tough spot. As a fan all I really want to see out of this team is a good 60 minute effort and hopefully win 1 round in the playoffs, but I would be lying if I said I was not worried.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Factors not excuses,there is a difference .
And if you are rebuilding big difference, but then only hockey people know it,not anonymous keyboard warriors

Not a fact.
Same old excuses year after year.
Anonymous warrior. Nice.
Sorry i dont have your inside information.... or what u used to have.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Last i saw this is a Windsor thread not a guelph.
Im sure they don't have your excuses though.

Other teams are going to be talked about, Windsor thread or not. That's the nature of the playoff beast.

The old lower body injury shtick again? -> translation = screwed in the azz...

That's... a weird way to put it. They could just say "upper body", meaning they're looking a"head" to Thursday.

As a fan all I really want to see out of this team is a good 60 minute effort and hopefully win 1 round in the playoffs, but I would be lying if I said I was not worried.

They need two wins next weekend; get that home mojo going again.

Reactions: Travis Bickle 77

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I personally am not going to give excuses for the downward trend the Spitfires are currently riding. A handful of players have been playing decent, goaltending, defence with the exception of Corcoran have looked horrible. Overall effort has not been good, and in the last month Spit's have been taking some really dumb penalties. With 13 games left the Spit's have put themselves in a tough spot. As a fan all I really want to see out of this team is a good 60 minute effort and hopefully win 1 round in the playoffs, but I would be lying if I said I was not worried.

Most fans r worried.
They r all thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad