Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The team will worry about itself, but on a message board, other teams will be discussed, especially when the teams are so tight. It happens every season in almost every major sport.

Only "tight" in standings because of the losses since January

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The team will worry about itself, but on a message board, other teams will be discussed, especially when the teams are so tight. It happens every season in almost every major sport.
Agreed - it is the time of year where fans start the heavy scoreboard watching. A fan of this league has more than a keen interest in where other teams are positioned and how that impacts the standings for Windsor. Nothing wrong with that. Also a little hope another team beats one of your rivals comes into play as well. Any team beating Guelph right now is a good thing.

Reactions: OHLTG

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Let's see Windsor and 2nd half failures re Letowski,1st year everyone that contributed mightily to the Mem Cup run were moved besides Dipietro, they were top 4 in conference before deals,struggled for a while came back last 15 and scared the heck of Sarnia, in round 1,last year a month prior to deadline their best player Dipietro was dealt again they were in a good spot,coupled with some crippling injuries no immediate return on Dipietro, unexpected moves re Starikov and Morgan,so the rest of the year with a young inexperienced group.
This season decision was made not to make moves to go for it,the 4 teams around them all did, and because we all dont what was discussed between Bowler and his rivals,coupled with the fact the team was playing very well,why change things unless for the better for now and in the future, don't think they expected a 3rd of team experience tough times through till now.
Not once during Letowski time here and in Sarnia did management improve the team while
he was coaching ,and for the times in Windsor I can see why.
If they had I would agree with you,but because it hasn't here,Sarnia I dont.
But then fairness has never been one of your attributes, just your negativity.

Oh so the teams didn't make moves to improve the team under Letowski.. So it's just a coincidence that none of his 5 years as a coach the team hasn't made moves??? That probably speaks more to how management feels about Letowski than anything else. You can rationalize things any way you want but 5 years is a long time for never once management believing in Letowski. You can say it's just a coincidence but there's probably more to it than that.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Factors not excuses,there is a difference .
And if you are rebuilding big difference, but then only hockey people know it,not anonymous keyboard warriors

Beyond hosting a Memorial Cup Windsor has been rebuilding for 8 of the past 9 seasons I guess. The biggest reason being is they have never been good enough to justify being a big buyer in the eyes of management/ownership. Are you including yourself in the anonymous keyboard warrior club??

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
They didn't make any moves at the deadline either and they were in 1st place too.

Not sure Id hold Guelph up as a comparison if you are defending Windsor.

They did win win the OHL title last year after buying large.
Lost their best player for a big stretch during WJC helping lead to a slump. A top 2 tender in the league and their backbone.
And they did sell of a handful of solid pieces to recoup picks n assets thru the year.
Rode hot goaltending to an unexpected rise in standings then slumped for a bit.

They sold the farm last year and are pretty much equal with Windsor this year and moving forward. ( 1 yr compared to 3 years after a go for it season)

From the outside a seemingly much better job of trying to be somewhat competitive now while still building for the future in year 1 of a rebuild.

Reactions: windsor7

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Beyond hosting a Memorial Cup Windsor has been rebuilding for 8 of the past 9 seasons I guess. The biggest reason being is they have never been good enough to justify being a big buyer in the eyes of management/ownership. Are you including yourself in the anonymous keyboard warrior club??

As for the question re anonymous keyboard warrior unfortunately because someone put my name on another forum most everyone knows who I am unlike 99 per centage of others who post,I would never out someone but it was done to me.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Not sure Id hold Guelph up as a comparison if you are defending Windsor.

They did win win the OHL title last year after buying large.
Lost their best player for a big stretch during WJC helping lead to a slump. A top 2 tender in the league and their backbone.
And they did sell of a handful of solid pieces to recoup picks n assets thru the year.
Rode hot goaltending to an unexpected rise in standings then slumped for a bit.

They sold the farm last year and are pretty much equal with Windsor this year and moving forward. ( 1 yr compared to 3 years after a go for it season)

From the outside a seemingly much better job of trying to be somewhat competitive now while still building for the future in year 1 of a rebuild.

Not surprised you chimed in,why didn't Guelph try to go for it like they did last year,Windsor did for 08/09 and 09/10.
Unlike Windsor they had the best goalie in the league this year.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Guelph within 2 points of Windsor now and still have 2 games remaining against Windsor.

giphy.gif

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Not surprised you chimed in,why didn't Guelph try to go for it like they did last year,Windsor did for 08/09 and 09/10.

Maybe they dont want to end up like Windsor from 2012 to 2019 for playoff sucess. Lol
Anyways thats up to their management.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Back to the title or bust mantra. Guelph has won 3 titles in the last 16 seasons. Windsor has won 2 in the past 12 seasons and none in the past 10(unless they win this year). Tick tock Savage Bowler and Letowski.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor has 3 Mem cups and 2 league championships in 10 years how many does Guelph have in same time period.?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Windsor has 3 Mem cups and 2 league championships in 10 years how many does Guelph have in same time period.?

Nobody can take that away from Windsor their management/coaches/players. You can only hang your hat on that for so long. If they end up 5th or 6th they will not have had home ice in any playoff series since 2011??? Not a good look and quite frankly what they had built they should be a hell of a lot better now. They have a big arena, built in advantage being a border city and should be able to recruit american players and like you brag about those 3 Memorial Cups. Players should be flocking here but something isn't right.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Like I said a couple of weeks ago. Ground hog day. Same sh---t different year. TL not your man. Anybody wants to challenge me on that. Bring it on. He's never won a playoff series with Sarnia or Windsor. Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey GOODBYE .

Reactions: windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Medina starting tonight.

McDonald/Ladd out. Rafkin moves up to second pairing with Henault.

Macdonald should not be scratched.
Must be in trevor dog house where vets can never be.
Just stops Macdonald development once again. Good job trevor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad