Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
If we are to give credit to the Spits for drafting
Angle
Corcoran
Playfair
Frasca
D'Amico
Foudy
Henault
Purboo
Acquiring Cuylle/Ladd

That's half a roster yet we are seeing them win 21 of 52 games. Either we are overrating the draft success stories or there's something else that's wrong.

Agreed with Thompson much of the time he was seemingly trying to coach for the Memorial Cup instead of the 68 game season and playoffs. Agreed this isn't a situation to pine for Thompson returning.

7 losses in last 11 games is the reason for being 6 games under 500,while I am not pleased with the record in the
last 11 games,happy enough with being 19-19-2-1 after 42 games,more reflective of team,13 games after best goalie in league was dealt, last year same thing happened, after the other best players were dealt, they turned things around last 17 games,expect same thing,only 1 year since rebuild truly began,no panic ,pleased with the youth of this team looking forward to the future.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
7 losses in last 11 games is the reason for being 6 games under 500,while I am not pleased with the record in the
last 11 games,happy enough with being 19-19-2-1 after 42 games,more reflective of team,13 games after best goalie in league was dealt, last year same thing happened, after the other best players were dealt, they turned things around last 17 games,expect same thing,only 1 year since rebuild truly began,no panic ,pleased with the youth of this team looking forward to the future.
Wow there is an echo in here. I could have sworn i’ve heard this already today

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

using DiPietro as a crutch again.
youth are doing well that is true.
vets not so much.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You say crutch I say huge factor,
Expected it,last year too,when every one else was dealt.
Which vets are not doing well in your view?

u r only using DiPietro in your statement as u like to make your stats look good.
are u going to use DiPietro as a factor again next year too? lol

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
u r only using DiPietro in your statement as u like to make your stats look good.
are u going to use DiPietro as a factor again next year too? lol

No not next year, only this.
Even if he wasn't traded we all know he is graduating from the league.
No doubt had he stayed team record would be better,just like last year when Day,Vilardi, Brown,Luchuk, Mceneney were dealt record would have been better then it wound up being.
Trades had to be done this and last year,hard to believe I am the only understanding there would be an effect on this team's record and performance in the short term.
And if I am not the only one understanding why so much negativity over a team in a rebuild.
The last rebuild no matter how it is sliced was successful a championship was one,that's the goal,along with numerous players being drafted and signed to pro contracts.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
No doubt had he stayed team record would be better,just like last year when Day,Vilardi, Brown,Luchuk, Mceneney were dealt record would have been better then it wound up being.
Trades had to be done this and last year,hard to believe I am the only understanding there would be an effect on this team's record and performance in the short term.
And if I am not the only one understanding why so much negativity over a team in a rebuild.
The last rebuild no matter how it is sliced was successful a championship was one,that's the goal,along with numerous players being drafted and signed to pro contracts.

if only this year, how come u r still bring up players from the past still to fit your argument?
yet u wont bring up DiPietro again next year?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
if only this year, how come u r still bring up players from the past still to fit your argument?
yet u wont bring up DiPietro again next year?

It's in the context of a rebuild if people bring up the past I will too
My preference is to start a new season with no talk about the past,last year,7 years,10 years,but there are those who do,so I will every time.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
And which one are you the teapot or the kettle,you are just as guilty as me if what you are saying is true,no denying that.

I never said I wasn't guilty. Thing is though I have no issues meeting in the middle with cfaub/punch/windsor7/ohloutsider/even randomhero/even teflon. I am certainly not going to bend a knee to you or ohltg though.

Reactions: aresknights

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

7 losses in 11 would make them 4-7 which is 3 games under .500 ironically the same record that they had before that slump. So if you weren't happy with 4-7 why would you be happy with 19-19-2-1? Maybe it just comes down to a roster that was put together that was too reliant on DiPietro and they haven't been able to compensate in other areas since the trade. D has been slow to develop, the forwards even the young guys have been bright spots it hasn't been enough to compensate for the D. Shall we talk about the goaltending and 1st round import in Piroinen who has been passed now by a 19 year old who had appeared in 51 games?? For me at this point it's all about goaltending now because DiPietro covered up a lot of warts and now the warts are showing for all to see. There isn't a lot to play for the rest of the year but Piroinen can start showing signs of being real good I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If we are still talking about goaltending being a question going into next year then there should be a fair bit of apprehension.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Yes you're the only one out there that understood there would be an effect on the team. I imagine you had them pegged for 8th seed this year since you're so busy patting yourself on the damn back. Btw did you have them pegged for 8th?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Yes you're the only one out there that understood there would be an effect on the team. I imagine you had them pegged for 8th seed this year since you're so busy patting yourself on the damn back. Btw did you have them pegged for 8th?

Not at all, as I recall. Public posts from pre season suggest a much stronger team.

HL what is the current net gain from the trades of Vilardi, Brown, Day, Luchuk, McE ect.... From last year?

If you are interested in hockey discussion, maybe you will answer. You seem to have a good grasp on the comings n goings relating to Spits. Just curious to what the sell off last year garnered in current players n picks.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I never said I wasn't guilty. Thing is though I have no issues meeting in the middle with cfaub/punch/windsor7/ohloutsider/even randomhero/even teflon. I am certainly not going to bend a knee to you or ohltg though.

:GWC:

HL what is the current net gain from the trades of Vilardi, Brown, Day, Luchuk, McE ect.... From last year?

In all seriousness, I don't think the net gain will be realized until for a few more seasons. They were intended to help build towards the next title run, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad