Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The PP feels like it's "if at first you don't succeed, try another 15 times... it's bound to work, right?" They're thinking too much, there's no chemistry, and teams can scout it easily. If the PK has one forward who pinches as the D-man comes to the blue-line, 50/50 chance it's a drop pass and you can time it well.

Reactions: TheGremlin

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Can’t we say Cuylie was acquired with picks we knew we could spend because of what was coming back for Mikey??? Then there’s the big question of, do we get the body that was included and do we want him or the picks? Think you guys are glossing over the deal for Mikey. Remember WR’s hands were tied in that deal. Tough to fault him in that scenario.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Can’t we say Cuylie was acquired with picks we knew we could spend because of what was coming back for Mikey??? Then there’s the big question of, do we get the body that was included and do we want him or the picks? Think you guys are glossing over the deal for Mikey. Remember WR’s hands were tied in that deal. Tough to fault him in that scenario.

That is very true!!

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Anytime a NTC is involved the GM’s hands are tied to a certain extent. The deadline trade that did not materialize a month or so ago is an example.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Anyone care to predict how we do this weekend...
Unless I’m mistaken we have played 15 games since the New Year winning 4. That’s probably about 28% give or take.
Erie lost yesterday but still have 2 games in hand. We are playing a reasonably easy weekend schedule so the question is can we win at least 2/3. We really need to separate ourselves from Erie and do it this weekend.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Anyone care to predict how we do this weekend...
Unless I’m mistaken we have played 15 games since the New Year winning 4. That’s probably about 28% give or take.
Erie lost yesterday but still have 2 games in hand. We are playing a reasonably easy weekend schedule so the question is can we win at least 2/3. We really need to separate ourselves from Erie and do it this weekend.
I will go way out on a limb for this weekend = 4 points - 1 win and 2 OT losses.

Reactions: punch1943

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I think if Afanasyeu comes aboard probably better than having picks where we just trade for a good 1 yr rental at the trade deadline. At least we get 1 full season possibly 2. If Windsor is going to make a real run 20-2021 there's a good chance he'll be here for 50k rather than his NHL club burning 1 yr off his entry level contract.He's already proven hinself at the next level.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I think if Afanasyeu comes aboard probably better than having picks where we just trade for a good 1 yr rental at the trade deadline. At least we get 1 full season possibly 2. If Windsor is going to make a real run 20-2021 there's a good chance he'll be here for 50k rather than his NHL club burning 1 yr off his entry level contract.He's already proven hinself at the next level.

He could play in the AHL in 20-21.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
But he can always go to AHL after 1 year here and that wouldn’t burn a year of contract.

He would be good if we knew for sure he be back yr 2 or we trade him at deadline to recoup picks.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
But he can always go to AHL after 1 year here and that wouldn’t burn a year of contract.

He would be good if we knew for sure he be back yr 2 or we trade him at deadline to recoup picks.

You're absolutely correct. My error. I was thinking he might develope better having a second OHL season being a drafted late 1st round pick early 2nd round NHL pick. More ice time on a potential winning OHL team vs limited AHL ice time.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
You're absolutely correct. My error. I was thinking he might develope better having a second OHL season being a drafted late 1st round pick early 2nd round NHL pick. More ice time on a potential winning OHL team vs limited AHL ice time.
Guess it will all really depend if the club that drafts him wants him available to be called up or not.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

If he goes to the AHL that is a year off of his contract. Once he plays pro it starts.

Edit - as long as he has signed his ELC. He could go to the AHL and play the 9 game limit and then come back even if he has signed.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Tonight shows why I would completely ok missing the playoffs. Saginaw didn’t play very well but still beat us even though they had some bounces.

As mentioned before, the guys look gassed, we don’t have the bodies and the basic skills aren’t close to being crisp.

Im not wishing ill will against our team but I just really don’t think a first round exit does anything for the team or the fans.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Why is a 2pm start in Missy tough? Would any 2pm game be tough on sunday?

Going from Erie Sat night to Miss Sun afternoon is tough; that's not an easy drive on the best of days.

4-1 Saginaw final tonight. Really, one of the more lacklustre games we've seen this season. Piiroinen played well, despite four GA. Prosvetov stood on his head. Lines were juggled again and we noticed that during the game. Kind of one of those forgettable games that you scratch your head at.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Stands were empty, conditioning becoming a serious issue, players have the I’m goin thru the motions look.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits lose again.
Windsor was asleep and didn't play that well for 2 periods.
Windsor woke up in the 3rd period and applied pressure. However could not tie the game when they needed to. Big difference in where the two teams are going this year.
Bad coaching again by Trevor. This is happening every game.
The lines tonight were not good.
The fin played decent. Still letting in 4 goals a game which is not a good recipe to win games.
Small crowd tonight. At times u could hear no noise from the crowd.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Disclaimer: Not an excuse. Just a factor.

The weather out there isn't exactly what you'd call "get out and go to a hockey game" weather. Ugly fog, nasty winds, and rain/freezing rain. I'm not surprised the crowd was low.

Reactions: three dog night

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Going from Erie Sat night to Miss Sun afternoon is tough; that's not an easy drive on the best of days.

4-1 Saginaw final tonight. Really, one of the more lacklustre games we've seen this season. Piiroinen played well, despite four GA. Prosvetov stood on his head. Lines were juggled again and we noticed that during the game. Kind of one of those forgettable games that you scratch your head at.
So would it have been a tough drive coming back home? Windsor is a bit further then missy from erie. I’ve never made the drive tho so wouldn’t know

michael freeman

Dec 6, 2018
It is very obvious now that the players have given up on TL

I’m sure someone will post the reason Team is headed in wrong direction it’s all kinds of colourful reasons but watching tonight it was very obvious.

Continue...,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->