Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So it's not ok to talk about potential hockey fights on here?

Not unless they're scoring. Wait... this was about Douglas, right? Is 10 points in his last 11 games considered good enough to allow him to defend a teammate (which it was last night)? I don't know where the threshold is. Did he have to have the hat-trick first?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Not unless they're scoring. Wait... this was about Douglas, right? Is 10 points in his last 11 games considered good enough to allow him to defend a teammate (which it was last night)? I don't know where the threshold is. Did he have to have the hat-trick first?

however, how is he scoring when he is in the penalty box?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
That's 5-min out of a 60-min game, though. He can't score in the other 55-min? Why can't he get a goal, an assist, and a fight in one game?

that would mean he would actually have to do all of those things.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
however, how is he scoring when he is in the penalty box?

Seriously? Fights happen....accept it or move on. When 2 posters on here are talking about hockey fights why do you feel the need to chime in if you don't like fights in hockey?.....Stirring the pot? Trying to pick a argument again? Or is it just straight up trolling? Which is it? You could just ignore it, maybe start another discussion, it is an option.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Seriously? Fights happen....accept it or move on. When 2 posters on here are talking about hockey fights why do you feel the need to chime in if you don't like fights in hockey?.....Stirring the pot? Trying to pick a argument again? Or is it just straight up trolling? Which is it? You could just ignore it, maybe start another discussion, it is an option.

I think you answered your own question ;) Hence my "modern english" comment above.

Reactions: randomhero4life

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

as it has been said in the past, it is a message board.
I chose to post.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
They ignoring goes both ways. Nobody needs to comment on a post they feel is trolling but yet they do it anyways

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
There's a huge difference between trolling and calling out trolling. While ignoring should be an option, at some point, there's a need to go "okay, enough's enough."

Exactly!!! You would have to be blind or very stupid to not see certain posters agenda when posting on here. It's beyond getting old!! Day in and day out.....really sad and pathetic imho

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It can, but when you ignore and it's still there, at some point you're going to say "okay, enough is enough." I'm not one to press the "ignore" button on anyone, either; I like seeing the entire conversation unfold.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere

Seriously? God forbid someone talks about the elephant in room, This **** is getting old!
All i’m saying is if it bothers you then IGNORE it. Haven’t you guys figured out that the more you engage it the longer it goes on for. You really think talking about it will stop it?? I post positive and negative things. When it positive no one says a peep but oh boy if it negative you get jumped on and called a troll or goof troop or other kinda names.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
With what we know now about brain injuries and the recent tragic tales of hockey enforcer suicides if you want to cheerlead teenaged boys punching each other in the head on a public message board - don't expect folks with a different opinion to just ignore your comments and not challenge them which then could be seen as condoning it.

Reactions: windsor7

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
With what we know now about brain injuries and the recent tragic tales of hockey enforcer suicides if you want to cheerlead teenaged boys punching each other in the head on a public message board - don't expect folks with a different opinion to just ignore your comments and not challenge them which then could be seen as condoning it.

Or Nut could say he's anti fighting & we could see pages of why fighting is good. Board is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad