Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
So how did that work out....
Spit Coaching staff decided to let over-anger D-man Allen be a healthy scratch last night because (according to reports) of 2 bad penalties in their previous game. Now far be it for moi to say this move directly resulted in the Spits losing to the worst team in the OHL but the game turned into a fairly physical affair and it didn’t help that the guy the Spits added to give them a physical presence was no where to be seen.
Tonight we get to see the Flintstones in person and extract our revenge. Do you think Lewis plays...you bet yer sweet azz he does.

Last edited:

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I get we all feel Bokas in the wrong slot BUT. where are all the other guys who can supposedly score??? That’s a terrible team right now and we can’t score on them?!?! Lots of people need to chip in for this team to succeed and it ain’t happening on a consistent basis.

Reactions: OHLTG and punch1943

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I get we all feel Bokas in the wrong slot BUT. where are all the other guys who can supposedly score??? That’s a terrible team right now and we can’t score on them?!?! Lots of people need to chip in for this team to succeed and it ain’t happening on a consistent basis.
Angle is hurt, as much as we don't realize it he makes this team go. Sometimes what is missing is right in front of you.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So how did that work out....
Spit Coaching staff decided to let over-anger D-man Lewis be a healthy scratch last night because (according to reports) of 2 bad penalties in their previous game. Now far be it for moi to say this move directly resulted in the Spits losing to the worst team in the OHL but the game turned into a fairly physical affair and it didn’t help that the guy the Spits added to give them a physical presence was no where to be seen.
Tonight we get to see the Flintstones in person and extract our revenge. Do you think Lewis plays...you bet yer sweet azz he does.

Sean Allen...

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Really your telling me Angle drives the team?? Sorry but totally disagree. He’s just an average piece of the puzzle. There’s disconnect between the team and this rookie group, it’s becoming pretty clear. Staff needs to clear it up.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Totally agree with previous comments!! Constant changing of lines and mismanagement of certain players best suited roles are the biggest reason for lack of on ice chemistry. Boka should not be on the first or second line or on the power play. I understand the need for offense but Letowski should have lines set at this stage. Spit's are over passing in the offensive zone and last nights loss to Flint was a prime example of not making the best of their opportunities. Scoring happens when the puck is fed into the slot, shooting at bad angles and praying for rebounds is not a good recipe for success. Foudy is a great set up guy....but he needs to shoot more, stop the blind passing!! Put the kid line out for a full 60 minutes!! Defense needs to shoot more from the point and Piiroinen needs to work on rebound control desperately!!....There is my rant. Also would be nice to know Angle's status!! Miss the days when the team used to release this information.

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Really your telling me Angle drives the team?? Sorry but totally disagree. He’s just an average piece of the puzzle. There’s disconnect between the team and this rookie group, it’s becoming pretty clear. Staff needs to clear it up.
Angle is an average player on a team of average players. Who is the driving force then? Can't tell me Boka or Purboo? Douglas was starting to look better but they broke up his line. So who is that guy right now? Angle will never be a star but he does play the game hard and with energy and take away that spark plug and who else is doing that? You need to start watching the player instead of just following the puck and you will see what he brings.
Having said that this team needs a skilled player to lead the way and I just don't see that until the youngins are ready to step up.

Last edited:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Really, I think Douglas could be that "driving force." When he's on his game, few can top him or stop him. Cuylle, Foudy, and a couple others will be "the guy" down the road, or at least could be, but I look at Douglas as "the guy" right now.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Angle is improved that doesn't mean he should be driving the offense. In the future you want Foudy to be driving the offense leading ppg right now on this roster. Beyond that you hope that Douglas can be a compliment he has to be top 6 based upon current talent level of roster. I think there was too much trust put into certain players eg. Starikov/Kutkevicius. Then you have guys who have either stagnated or regressed eg. Purboo/Boka/Stevenson/Larionov(not good enough). So between too much trust in certain players and a group that has regressed, and having 3 16 year olds in the lineup and some guys that are limited in the talent dept it's frustrating to see how things move forward. They need a glut of picks, need to hit large on a future import pick (Starikov doesn't need a 3rd year here), need another goalie to compliment Piroinen(under the idea DiPietro gets dealt). Need a much larger talent pool to draw from because a lot of these guys lack the upside in order to get this team to another level.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Angle is an average player on a team of average players. Who is the driving force then? Can't tell me Boka or Purboo? Douglas was starting to look better but they broke up his line. So who is that guy right now? Angle will never be a star but he does play the game hard and with energy and take away that spark plug and who else is doing that? You need to start watching the player instead of just following the puck and you will see what he brings.
Having said that this team needs a skilled player to lead the way and I just don't see that until the youngins are ready to step up.

I agree especially with your last sentence. You will still need to get another great haul of talent to compliment the 16 year olds because these current 18/19 year olds really can't carry the team moving forward. It would help if there were a couple other 16 year olds not currently signed you can put in the lineup next year but that's up to them.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Count me in as one who doesn't mind Kutkevicius, especially lately. He's not going to put up a point-per-game but he's on pace for blowing his career high out of the water. Plus, he's very reliable defensively and brings an energy to the ice. You need guys like him.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Count me in as one who doesn't mind Kutkevicius, especially lately. He's not going to put up a point-per-game but he's on pace for blowing his career high out of the water. Plus, he's very reliable defensively and brings an energy to the ice. You need guys like him.

That depends on what you believe the ceiling is for this current roster team and if you delete DiPietro. They only have 2 OAs on the roster, it wouldn't be wise to move more assets to fill the 3rd OA. If you moved DiPietro you're likely looking at a 5-7 seed, Kutkevicius isn't going to move the needle to a 4 or 3 seed. I am fine with him blowing his PPG career high out of the water. How is that helping the team moving forward and getting them to the point of winning playoff series? He doesn't have enough eligibility to help this team in a championship.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Why does he need to "move the needle" to a 3-4 seed? He's putting up career points (which is a bonus), being a key penalty killer, and giving guidance to a younger roster. Not every element of help to a team is measured in how many points an OA gets, though. His overall game has improved greatly and he's staying healthy (knock on wood). You'll need him once they get later in the season and into the playoffs.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits desperately need the 2 points tonight.
I hope they come out to play.
And lots of goals would be nice to see too.
I expect to see DiPietro in net tonight.

Reactions: OHLTG

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits vs Flint
Dipietro in goal for Windsor
Not dressed Tyler Angle(knee) out 4-5 more weeks,Lev Starikov (healthy )
For Flint,same as last night,Busby, Robert's,Dellandrea,and Gretz.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Why does he need to "move the needle" to a 3-4 seed? He's putting up career points (which is a bonus), being a key penalty killer, and giving guidance to a younger roster. Not every element of help to a team is measured in how many points an OA gets, though. His overall game has improved greatly and he's staying healthy (knock on wood). You'll need him once they get later in the season and into the playoffs.

Well because you're either getting better, staying the same, or getting worse. What does Kutkevicius do for this team presently and moving forward regardless of how many points he puts up? So his overall game has improved and they need him later in the season and playoffs? Why isn't the team better overall this year?

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Why isn’t the guy leading team in goals Douglas or young kid with very good shot in Cuylle not playing at all during 5 on 3???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad