Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I don't think you need to have a great relationship with every team, though. I can see Legend's point; you might not like every team, and some might not like you, but screwing a team over is a big deal. I wouldn't do that simply because karma can really bite you and you don't want to burn bridges. You never know what could happen. For all we know, down the road, Flint or Saginaw could need Windsor's help with something. "Hey, Rychel, so-and-so's son is eligible to be drafted in the third round. Can you let him slip to us a few below you?" Do Windsor a solid now, the favour is returned if possible. Doesn't mean the teams are buddy-buddy, but a mutual respect.

You do realize GM's are hired to be fired and their job isn't always guaranteed so this doing someone a solid may not even help you out in the long run.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Who said it had to be long-term? Maybe I'm old school in the "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" mentality where I don't believe everyone is out to get you.

So you have never ran into a situation where you did a solid for someone and that person never reciprocated? Still nobody has told me why Saginaw or Flint a division rival of Windsor would do a favor for them.

89bardown

Aug 8, 2018
Ontario
The problem is that it doesn't do any good for Drummondville to do this. First of all he would need to clear waivers in the Q and I don't see why a team would voluntarily not put in a claim on him. Your example of Kadlec in this instance when it came time to the OHL both Flint/Saginaw get first waiver priority over Windsor eg.. Barrie put in claim for Kadlec(worst team in the league). There's no reason why a team like Flint or Saginaw shouldn't want to put in a claim and you can be damned sure they won't be in a giving mood to just give that player away to Windsor.

If he won't play in the Q and could go pro if they don't release him then its a waste for any team in the Q to hold onto him and waste an OA spot especially if it's a team other than Drummondville that has no reason to prevent him from clearing waivers. And if its Drummondville and theyre contending then its a huge waste of a valuable roster spot.

Actually you are wrong Kadlec came to Windsor by way of Oshawa where he played 2 games after being waived out of WHL,Generals whom the Spits have a good relationship placed him on waivers Windsor claimed him Barrie not involved at all.
As for reasoning re teams like Saginaw and Flint playing difficult,his agents relationship with Osgood and Devallano part owners of Saginaw,and Flint knowing full well his influence why would either team screw with him when favors down the road are paid back,it's known that agents control the Euro draft, so if you have relationships you nurture them not get in the way.
Rarely do teams screw each other when it comes to waived players because in time a bad act can be returned,and chances worse then the original.
If u think this is untrue you are living in a fantasy.

Last year Barrie claimed Dumont-Bouchard and Tremblay off waivers in the same week then traded the players to their desired destination for a pick. Whats to stop a team who finished below Windsor from doing this if he goes on waivers?

Reactions: hockeylegend11

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I don't understand how it would be screwing Windsor if the highly unlikely and unthinkable happened; Lynch passing through the Q waivers and the WHL waivers and ending up eligible to be taken by Saginaw or Flint to help bolster their team. I guess they are kind of screwing Windsor by helping their own team or are other teams just supposed to help Windsor because they really want Lynch

Think my points were missed
In this case it's not a team screwing Windsor,and as I mentioned rarely do
teams get in the way of each other when it comes waive players,it's more about a team's relationship with the agent or agency,the teams below Windsor will know 1 the players desire of where he wants to play and 2 why risk alienating a high connected agent for a waived player especially if a good relationship already exists, before you know it team becomes a no go to for future players, especially younger ones or those who may be traded there.
It's all about relationships.

Reactions: Teflon

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
So you have never ran into a situation where you did a solid for someone and that person never reciprocated? Still nobody has told me why Saginaw or Flint a division rival of Windsor would do a favor for them.

Forget about a favor for Windsor,but more of a nod to the agent involved who could and because he already has good relationships with Saginaw, he played with Osgood in Detroit,and obviously has connection with Devallano, also has good relationship with Flint,those teams and others don't want to risk alienating a high profile agent with huge contacts Europe and NHL over a waived player desiring to play for a particular team.
If Windsor has a decent relationship with teams involved even better, favors will be returned,this happens and should more then u know.

Reactions: OHLTG and Teflon

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
With the announcement of 48 players coming to camp here is my prediction on 42-44 of them

Goal-(6)- Dipietro,Baier, Piiroinen, Medina, Shiller, Botelho

Defense(13)- Corcoran, Starikov, Staios, Henault, Ladd, Evans, Johnston, Robinson,Shier,Babic, Dobrich,Wang,
Stevenson

Forwards- Larionov, McDougall, Purboo, Boka, Douglas, D'amico, Angle Frasca,Sirman, Morgan, Kitkevicius, Playfair, Foudy, Brimmer, McDonald, Kelly, Lemmer, Andrews, Rychel,Taylor,Russett,Hayes, Scullion, Uliczny, Agrseti

Free agents between 4-6,with 2 D and 3-4 F,no FA goalies.

Players not expected
Goalie-Patton been told he will be
playing JrB in Waterloo (where he is from) has cleared waivers

Defense- Erik Yelle (17) has walked away from the game
Fensore,Webber

Forwards-C.Stevens,Luke Tuch,Drew Elser, Mathew Crasa, William Mckown,C.Recchi

No doubt there are some on the non list that I would like to have there
A note all but Christian Stevens were not at rookie camp and he at this time is a US College committ.
Interesting to see how accurate the list will be

Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate all the work you put in to get this post out there for all. Things would be a lot easier for all if the OHL would allow posting of 50 man protected lists.
Funny how guys who were once the flavour of the month disappear from sight leaving us to wonder ‘what was I thinking’.
It’s nice to see a number of the names you’ve included....if they show you know you have a chance to sign them.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Well said legend. It's very close to what happens. Relationships are huge in the CHL. Also many gm's are around a long time, agents longer, getting along is a must. Teams do " favors" all the time. The wink and a nod deals are in the same lot. Prime example, Windsor-Kitchener. Spits get Bracco, next year kitch gets their guys. If that ain't helping each other nothing is!!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Well said legend. It's very close to what happens. Relationships are huge in the CHL. Also many gm's are around a long time, agents longer, getting along is a must. Teams do " favors" all the time. The wink and a nod deals are in the same lot. Prime example, Windsor-Kitchener. Spits get Bracco, next year kitch gets their guys. If that ain't helping each other nothing is!!

And in your example Logan Brown said that was the only place he was going to accept a trade so I'm not sure how that example holds water. Windsor was dealing with themselves in that one.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Forget about a favor for Windsor,but more of a nod to the agent involved who could and because he already has good relationships with Saginaw, he played with Osgood in Detroit,and obviously has connection with Devallano, also has good relationship with Flint,those teams and others don't want to risk alienating a high profile agent with huge contacts Europe and NHL over a waived player desiring to play for a particular team.
If Windsor has a decent relationship with teams involved even better, favors will be returned,this happens and should more then u know.

If that's the case Rychel should stop doing favors or nods to other agents and organizations because it hasn't been helping out the bottom line for the Spits.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Boo hoo Drummondville, nobody cries for a cup contender who loses their over aged player and they aren't about to start for you. It happens every year whether it's a guy going pro or leaving to be closer to home, it doesn't matter. It seems Serge is insinuating Branch favoring Windsor over the Quebec league but I would assure him that is lunacy. Branch's hatred of Windsor supercedes any hatred he might have for Quebec.

I didn't say Branch favors Windsor. But the OHL commissionner shouldn't also be the CHL president. CHL president should be independent.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
And in your example Logan Brown said that was the only place he was going to accept a trade so I'm not sure how that example holds water. Windsor was dealing with themselves in that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the player "next year" was Logan Stanley. Bracco for picks/players, then Stanley for picks.

Reactions: Teflon

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
It was an easy example. I assume you were privy to the chat where Logan said he would only go to kitch?? You know full well these deals happen regularly. Stop with the needless banter!!

Reactions: hockeylegend11

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It was an easy example. I assume you were privy to the chat where Logan said he would only go to kitch?? You know full well these deals happen regularly. Stop with the needless banter!!

No actually he said it in an article so it`s something we were all privy to. Needless banter? Yeah nobody else would ever do that. For instance throw names out that have been offered in trades. You're about that life.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
It was Teflon...

BTW, where's the article that Brown states he'd only go to Kitch? Out of curiosity.

I believe if you go through Josh Browns articles, it’s stated in his one on Brown that Logan told his agent that he only wanted Kitchener if he was getting moved

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I believe if you go through Josh Browns articles, it’s stated in his one on Brown that Logan told his agent that he only wanted Kitchener if he was getting moved

Yep so in reality it's not always about relationships. It can often boil down to the player choosing his destination.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
OHLTG,
Brown eagerly looks on as Rangers blank Otters

"I called my agent right away and said Kitchener is where I want to go," said the 19-year-old. "It was my number on spot. I said I wouldn't sign my no-trade clause to go anywhere else."

Thanks!

With that said, I'm still under the impression that Stanley was the second part of the "trade" with Kitchener (Bracco being the first part).

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
OHLTG,
Brown eagerly looks on as Rangers blank Otters

"I called my agent right away and said Kitchener is where I want to go," said the 19-year-old. "It was my number on spot. I said I wouldn't sign my no-trade clause to go anywhere else."

I guess I didn't need to be privy to the conversation that took place. Considering it was right out there for everyone to see.

Reactions: punch1943
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad