Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I think Seidel's buy saying if has a good training camp really means if he stands on his head and even then it is 50/50? He is getting better all the time and the positives that NHL experience provides won't hurt his market value when u trade him .

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It's generated a lot of talk on Twitter so if you're trying to imply it was only me who "fell for it", nope. I've also read his stuff for a while and I trust him with info more than a lot of others. Hence why my ears perked when he said it.

The talk it has generated is that it's false and not going to happen. You trust him with info?? All he did was give his opinion he doesn't have any "source." Training camps don't start for another 30 days and he's getting this info?? It's all opinion and speculation based, in other words nothing to see here. I would bet Seidel $500 at 2-1 that he's wrong and guess what he won't take that bet.

Reactions: webegtodiffer

member 71782

The likelihood of DiPietro sticking with the Canucks is likely less than 1%. As others have pointed out, the talk is mostly about how ridiculous the idea of him sticking is.

Some have brought up his new Vancouver mask. My guess is that is simply that, a new mask to go into training camp, prospects tournament etc. Maybe he sees an early pre season game if he has an outstanding camp but I would imagine he is back before Vancouver plays their first regular season game and likely before the pre season schedule is done.

The kid has a bright future, no point in rushing him when they have a few others ahead of him on the depth charts who are better prepared at this point in time.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
The likelihood of DiPietro sticking with the Canucks is likely less than 1%. As others have pointed out, the talk is mostly about how ridiculous the idea of him sticking is.

Some have brought up his new Vancouver mask. My guess is that is simply that, a new mask to go into training camp, prospects tournament etc. Maybe he sees an early pre season game if he has an outstanding camp but I would imagine he is back before Vancouver plays their first regular season game and likely before the pre season schedule is done.

The kid has a bright future, no point in rushing him when they have a few others ahead of him on the depth charts who are better prepared at this point in time.
I can see him getting some work in Preseason, but by NHL opening night, he will be in the OHL. He appears to be 5th on their depth chart, which means those Goaltenders are under contract. DiPietro's contract won't kick in if he is the OHL. I don't see the Canucks as a contender with or without him, so why pay him until they have to.

Reactions: punch1943

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Do I think DiPietro starts the season in Vancouver? No. Do I think the Tweet had some merit given his connections? Yes.

He's wrong about the speculation? Eh, if you want to, go Tweet that bet.

I don't see his tweet has any merit.

Reactions: TheGremlin

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Do I think DiPietro starts the season in Vancouver? No. Do I think the Tweet had some merit given his connections? Yes.

He's wrong about the speculation? Eh, if you want to, go Tweet that bet.

So you don't think he starts the season in Vancouver but the tweet has merit because of his connections? All this was is a hot take to get certain people going. Notice there isn't a soul here that believes it except for you who posted it and later said you don't believe it.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
"well, this is interesting"

"I don't expect it to happen"

"Is it possible ... yes"

"Not impossible."

Those are my four reactions to it. You can go look them up if you wish. It's an interesting take, given his connections, and it's not impossible, but that doesn't mean I think it'll happen. I don't doubt that he's heard stuff, regardless.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
"well, this is interesting"

"I don't expect it to happen"

"Is it possible ... yes"

"Not impossible."

Those are my four reactions to it. You can go look them up if you wish. It's an interesting take, given his connections, and it's not impossible, but that doesn't mean I think it'll happen. I don't doubt that he's heard stuff, regardless.

You covered all your bases there, good stuff.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Who do you Love?
If you had a choice of the Spits Flyers who would you sign?
A) Tanner Kelly
B) Spencer Evans
C) Cade Lemmer
D) Xavier Medina

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Who do you Love?
If you had a choice of the Spits Flyers who would you sign?
A) Tanner Kelly
B) Spencer Evans
C) Cade Lemmer
D) Xavier Medina

In order for me
(1)- Spencer Evans
(2)- Tanner Kelly
(3)- Cade Lemmer
(4)- Xavier Medina

At end of day I predict Windsor signs 3/4, roster 2 of them,and 3rd one plays in Michigan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
My order:

1. Tanner Kelly
2. Spencer Evans
3. Cade Lemmer
4. Xavier Medina

Offence up front is huge right now and I think that gives Kelly the slight edge over Evans for me. That said, getting any of them to sign would be a big deal.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Just found this on Twitter:

Coles notes: It's about Drummondville's Bobby Lynch, a 20 year old who didn't report to the team's camp. The team has a new head coach and the weren't sure if he would report or not. His agent? Igor Larionov. Where does he want to play? In the OHL near Detroit. The issue is Drummondville won't give him his release. He's a big kid at 6'3 180 and had a point-a-game last season in 67 games.

I don't know if he could play in the OHL but it could be worth watching.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Just found this on Twitter:

Coles notes: It's about Drummondville's Bobby Lynch, a 20 year old who didn't report to the team's camp. The team has a new head coach and the weren't sure if he would report or not. His agent? Igor Larionov. Where does he want to play? In the OHL near Detroit. The issue is Drummondville won't give him his release. He's a big kid at 6'3 180 and had a point-a-game last season in 67 games.

I don't know if he could play in the OHL but it could be worth watching.

As a matter of info he is the player that I have been speaking about since the end of last year.
Last year it cost the Spits 1000, that's the waiver price for OA's from the Q,for Jake Smith.
I was aware of who his agent is Igor Larionov and do know his parents attended a game late last year,I know because I met them.
Igor Jr and Lynch played together years before JR A,and played together again this summer in a highly competitive league in Detroit.
Lynch had a breakout season last year in the Q,has drawn pro interest,and yes should be interesting to see what happens here.No doubt in my mind he and his family want him here in Windsor especially if he doesn't get a pro deal.

Reactions: OHLTG

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It says in the article they won’t release him. Drummondville has a Cup contending team this season and they are expecting to have a strong first line with Lynch, Veleno and Comtois.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
It says in the article they won’t release him. Drummondville has a Cup contending team this season and they are expecting to have a strong first line with Lynch, Veleno and Comtois.

They can play hardball if they wish, won't be productive, especially if player doesn't want to be there,he wishes to play close to home for his o/a season,if not his agent has enough connections to get him somewhere where Drummondville can't invoke ownership,be it minor pro, KHL, European leagues best it be settled for all.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
They can play hardball if they wish, won't be productive, especially if player doesn't want to be there,he wishes to play close to home for his o/a season,if not his agent has enough connections to get him somewhere where Drummondville can't invoke ownership,be it minor pro, KHL, European leagues best it be settled for all.

KHL looks really closer to home.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Not so fast grasshopper. You can have your cake and eat it too. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that a player/his parents/his agent want to place the player in the best possible position to succeed, and obviously they don’t feel it’s in Drummondville. If it’s one of the 3 OHL teams close to his home the Volts can make a side deal and in that case it’s about the bucks . However as an O/A he does have the option to move up the ladder, turn pro and make the $$$ as do any of the overagers. The only advantage to him staying in Jr would be an extra year of paid education.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Not so fast grasshopper. You can have your cake and eat it too. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that a player/his parents/his agent want to place the player in the best possible position to succeed, and obviously they don’t feel it’s in Drummondville. If it’s one of the 3 OHL teams close to his home the Volts can make a side deal and in that case it’s about the bucks . However as an O/A he does have the option to move up the ladder, turn pro and make the $$$ as do any of the overagers. The only advantage to him staying in Jr would be an extra year of paid education.

When the same thing happened the other way around, a good OHL player wanting to play in the QMJHL because he wanted to attend university in Quebec, Branch blocked it and the player ended up not playing in the CHL. If the possibility is there 2-ways, I have no problem with making moves like that. But Branch decided otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad