Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It's not proof so I guess it's as you were! What it is is a post trade interview with a traded player. So he was supposed to say, kitch was my 3rd choice but that's life?? The belief that everything is true based on it being in print, and/or, I can associate numbers to it that make my argument is comical!! Proof is certainly not what you claim as such. Might wanna have a look at a dictionary... IE. a twitter machine is a hungry canary!!

So what does a hungry canary have to do with spitfires?

Reactions: Teflon

member 71782

Looks like you will get your wish
Been told Spits have made a trade
I know the player and team he has been traded to, don't know the return yet.

When is this deal likely to be announced?

Also does the Spits pre season roster provide any clues? I know it doesn't list anyone else who is yet unsigned/FA invites etc but one name missing that I think most would have expected to see.

Just wondering if one of the Spits BUG's has been moved.

Looking at the roster from the end of last season and the pre season roster the only differences are

Frasca, McDonald, Foudy and Piroinen added

Smith (graduated), Schemenz (return to Europe), Shankar (graduated), Baier (?) not there.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Also does the Spits pre season roster provide any clues? I know it doesn't list anyone else who is yet unsigned/FA invites etc but one name missing that I think most would have expected to see.

Looking at the roster from the end of last season and the pre season roster the only differences are

Smith (graduated), Schemenz (return to Europe), Shankar (graduated), Baier (?) not there.
Funny thing is I got a text last night from a buddy who suggested it might be Baier? That would not be a surprise.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit

All things being equal we are approaching 2:00 which is the afternoon witching hour. WR seems to favour 10AM & 2PM for announcements. He also often floats what ifs overnight with the star sport reporter.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Prices are up already!!!! This is an odd trade for me unless kitch is jockeying for a Bigger trade. Gave up 2 3rds and conditional 5th to get him. From a local source. The Kitchener Rangers have sent a trio of draft picks to the Niagara IceDogs in exchange for defenceman Justin MacPherson.
MacPherson has 24 points in 106 games, and has two goals and an assist in 14 playoff games in the past two seasons with the IceDogs.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Prices are up already!!!! This is an odd trade for me unless kitch is jockeying for a Bigger trade. Gave up 2 3rds and conditional 5th to get him. From a local source. The Kitchener Rangers have sent a trio of draft picks to the Niagara IceDogs in exchange for defenceman Justin MacPherson.
MacPherson has 24 points in 106 games, and has two goals and an assist in 14 playoff games in the past two seasons with the IceDogs.

Didnt this happen last week?
They moved a D acquiring 2nds and back filled the position with lesser picks from the deal I think..
Looks to be creatively increasing assets while trying to limit loss of a good D in first deal. I like the thinking.

From Kit board
"So KIT basically gets 2 2nds to go from Vallati to MacPherson. Both are 2000 born. Not a bad flip since Kit still has the top 4 to get by without Vallati"
On first appearances goo, creative move by the Rangers.

Last edited:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Didnt this happen last week?
They moved a D acquiring 2nds and back filled the position with lesser picks from the deal I think..
Looks to be creatively increasing assets while trying to limit loss of a good D in first deal. I like the thinking.

From Kit board
"So KIT basically gets 2 2nds to go from Vallati to MacPherson. Both are 2000 born. Not a bad flip since Kit still has the top 4 to get by without Vallati"
On first appearances goo, creative move by the Rangers.

Right and they have more ammo now to make another trade.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Valatti to Macpherson is a serious loss of talent. Valatti is a far better D man. I also stated " unless this Jockeying for a bigger trade". Please keep up.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Valatti to Macpherson is a serious loss of talent. Valatti is a far better D man. I also stated " unless this Jockeying for a bigger trade". Please keep up.

I think I got the jist of it last week when it happened lol. But thanks.

Asset management.

Ktown has a group of D capable of filling their top 4 this upcoming year. So 1 was expendable.

Vallati, althou a very good Dman was dealt from a position of strength to acquire 2 2nds and a guy capable of playing a 5/6 role for 2 yrs, albeit in 2 separate deals.

Again a creative use of assets. Shouldn't hurt the team much performance wise (even thou Vilatti>MacP) when you look at overall team make up.
They look at 2 2nds+ MacP>Villati esp when considering this years Kitchener D, who is showing up and who is projected to get minutes.

I think I kept up just fine

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

When you already have Vukojevic/York returning and there's a chance Hall returns that's a good start. MacPherson gets plugged in along with highly touted signee Sebrango who should probably dress and get his feet wet it's not difficult to see why Kitchener moved Valatti.

Reactions: aresknights

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
I'll jump into the Ranger talk. I think on the surface it's a savvy move. And good for a player penciled in further down the depth chart.
But I'm more of the thinking that you never can have enough quality defencemen. Injuries & suspensions can decimate a defence core quick.
We don't know all the factors behind the scenes or how the deal came about or if this is a predecessor to another. Like all trades time will tell how it turns out.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits Season Ticket pick up BBQ goes Sept 8th. One of the enticements is a Mikey bobble-head and a player autograph session among other things. The point I’m trying to make is ...it appears the Spits are doing a few extras for the STH this year...

Were the not looking after the sth before? Lol

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Brock Ottens
Preseason Top 30 for the 2019 NHL Draft

17. Grayson Ladd - Defense - Windsor Spitfires
20. Lev Starikov - Defense - Windsor Spitfires
22. Cody Morgan - Forward - Windsor Spitfires
24. Nathan Staios - Defense - Windsor Spitfires
30. Daniel D'Amico - Forward - Windsor Spitfires

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Brock Ottens
Preseason Top 30 for the 2019 NHL Draft

17. Grayson Ladd - Defense - Windsor Spitfires
20. Lev Starikov - Defense - Windsor Spitfires
22. Cody Morgan - Forward - Windsor Spitfires
24. Nathan Staios - Defense - Windsor Spitfires
30. Daniel D'Amico - Forward - Windsor Spitfires

Impressive, most players of any team on the 30 player list by far in fact,9 teams had 2 players,7 teams had 1 and 3 teams had none.
Interesting one poster said weeks ago that Windsor needs to improve their drafting,well 3 of the 5 Windsor players on Brock's list were drafted by Windsor,and that too beats any team in the league with drafted players on the list.
I think drafting is fine and the future looks bright.
Here is the list of every teams numbers

Windsor (5), Kitchener (2),SSM(2),
Ott(2),Osh(2), Sud(2),Nia(2), Barrie (2)
Flint(2), London (2),Pet(1),Miss(1), Hamilton (1),Sag(1), Sarnia (1), Owen Sound (1)Gue(1)
Kingston, Erie and North Bay did not have a player on Brock's list.

Reactions: randomhero4life

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Impressive, most players of any team on the 30 player list by far in fact,9 teams had 2 players,7 teams had 1 and 3 teams had none.
Interesting one poster said weeks ago that Windsor needs to improve their drafting,well 3 of the 5 Windsor players on Brock's list were drafted by Windsor,and that too beats any team in the league with drafted players on the list.
I think drafting is fine and the future looks bright.
Here is the list of every teams numbers

Windsor (5), Kitchener (2),SSM(2),
Ott(2),Osh(2), Sud(2),Nia(2), Barrie (2)
Flint(2), London (2),Pet(1),Miss(1), Hamilton (1),Sag(1), Sarnia (1), Owen Sound (1)Gue(1)
Kingston, Erie and North Bay did not have a player on Brock's list.
London will have 3 when Brock adds Gutzov (as he said he would) and D'Amico will then fall outside 30. Just sayin'...
Regardless, Windsor appears to have drafted well.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
London will have 3 when Brock adds Gutzov
(as he said he would) and D'Amico will then fall outside 30. Just sayin'...
Regardless, Windsor appears to have drafted well.
Should be noted Nellie that also mentioned Spits Finnish goalie as well and could move on to that list too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad