Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
How is what Drummondville did any different to what Wi dsor is doing with Baier. Baier was clearly not in their plans but they wouldn't release him. They released Patton
They waived Patton..was not in their plans. They didn’t waive Baier...he was in their plans to be backup while DiPi was away. Baier/his agent asked for a trade. Spits felt Baier had a value via trade. So far no go.
Lynch is an O/A the two goalies are not.
Kutkevicius and Lirianov are O/A and they would have the same rights as Lynch....

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I do think Spits should release Baier. He's not in their plans once DiPietro comes back. Maybe come to an agreement that Baier plays for the Spits until DiPietro is sent back and then will be released or something. The team Mikey is eventually traded to will bump/displace one of their goalers, so I foresee that player coming back to back up the Finn here.

But ultimately if Baier balked at this I'd probably do right by the kid and release him if that is what he wants.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
They waived Patton..was not in their plans. They didn’t waive Baier...he was in their plans to be backup while DiPi was away. Baier/his agent asked for a trade. Spits felt Baier had a value via trade. So far no go.
Lynch is an O/A the two goalies are not.
Kutkevicius and Lirianov are O/A and they would have the same rights as Lynch....

Actually Punch,Kitkevicious and Larionov would not have the same rights as Lynch,because both are from the home territory as their league they play in.
They would have to go thru league waivers and then CHL waivers to become free agents unlike what rule Lynch is employing.
As for Baier,all I can say right now is that he is no longer a member of Spits organization. His rights have been sold to a team outside the CHL.Dont know the team,only the league .
Out of respect to family and Windsor I wont divulge it I will defer to team and or family on this one.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Actually Punch,Kitkevicious and Larionov would not have the same rights as Lynch,because both are from the home territory as their league they play in.
They would have to go thru league waivers and then CHL waivers to become free agents unlike what rule Lynch is employing.
As for Baier,all I can say right now is that he is no longer a member of Spits organization. His rights have been sold to a team outside the CHL.Dont know the team,only the league .
Out of respect to family and Windsor I wont divulge it I will defer to team and or family on this one.
Interesting that this is an option. Is this the option Baier wants, or are we preventing him from playing in the OHL or CHL and he's taking this as it's better than nothing? I'd assume USHL right now - couldn't see any other league making sense.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Interesting that this is an option. Is this the option Baier wants, or are we preventing him from playing in the OHL or CHL and he's taking this as it's better than nothing? I'd assume USHL right now - couldn't see any other league making sense.

It is not the USHL.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
My error on the Spit O/A both would need waivers unless they were able to catch on with a Pro team in EHL or like league.

FireBall959

Apr 11, 2015
I'm well aware of the details but you all avoided the question. How is it different? Drummondville wants Lynch on the ice, Lynch wants to play elsewhere, Drummondville is obviously blocking it. Windsor wanted Baier to open/close the gate for a week or two and he wants to play elsewhere, spits obviously blocking it. I'm not saying its right or wrong but how is it different.

Reactions: windsor7

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I'm well aware of the details but you all avoided the question. How is it different? Drummondville wants Lynch on the ice, Lynch wants to play elsewhere, Drummondville is obviously blocking it. Windsor wanted Baier to open/close the gate for a week or two and he wants to play elsewhere, spits obviously blocking it. I'm not saying its right or wrong but how is it different.
At this point Lynch is already playing elsewhere (Muskegon USHL). Be patient the regular season has yet to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad