Wilson dirty hit to head on Brandon Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

43sfriends

Dec 2, 2018
Well now we all know why you've posted less than 100 times in 2 years - you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. This is a hockey forum so try watching a few games before your next asinine post.
Got better things to do than amass 10,000 posts on an internet forum, sorry. I wonder if all 10,000 are ad hominem nonsense.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
ITT : Fans of teams that employed Matt Cooke, Shawn Thornton, Brad Marchand, and Matt Martin crying because the shoe is on the other foot now.
Doesn't excuse Wilson's hit. Does Wilson provide some kind of vicarious tough guy, small dick syndrome satisfaction for Caps fans? Serious question. The guy has talent and work ethic, but he's pretty clearly proven that he could care less about his fellow players.
jesse-pinkman-aaron-paul-cant-keep-getting-away-with-this-breaking-bad.gif

Reactions: TD Charlie

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Well see here because Torres missed a lot of time due to injuries but still got repeat status because of history

I know people are determined to think otherwise, but that hit you linked is a worse hit than this. They may not have “officially” decided on how many games for Torres

All shoulder to head, clearly lept no possible argument of riding up through momentum or whatever, And took 4 strides directly before. He broke basically every rule.

Wilson shoulder thru arm into chest, his hands tucked on his chest were carried into the head with his body, obviously a hard check, rather than extended for that purpose; no leap, had already been coasting to the board battle before deciding to hit (if they decide to call that a charge, they’re contradicting like 20 of their own decisions)

not saying I can’t see a game or two, but I was addressing the people who think there will be a 50 game suspension. Not likely. I can see one or two, but I wouldn’t even be surprised if it’s nothing.

the hit to MacKinnons head was more clear and direct head contact than this. 5 games (or “several”) max if they cave to pressure with all the fan hate

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I think the people they've hired is a misguided attempt for credibility on these rulings. "See even a tough guy thinks this was suspension worthy! Not just one of those wussy star players who doesn't want his brain scrambled!"

Good point, whatever their formula is they need to start from scratch cause this one aint working! There have been more than a few pretty bad calls out of that department in recent years.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
it's still on Wilson to recognize a player in a bad position and not full truck them.
It's on Brandon Carlo to recognize that Wilson is on the ice and by that be aware that feces can happen. Just like every hockey player should be aware when an opposing ''hitter'', like Wilson is, is on the ice.

cliffclaven

Nov 29, 2018
Just take hitting out. It will be gone soon anyway. Co-Ed league won’t allow it anyway in 10 years.

cheap hit? Maybe. Shit that happened in every game up until 2015 ish? Yep.

#CHL (charmin hockey league)

btw, I hate Boston, the caps, and Wilson. If he played back in the day, Orr, mcgrattan, probert, etc would’ve wrecked him.

Reactions: Kuznetsnow

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's on Brandon Carlo to recognize that Wilson is on the ice and by that be aware that feces can happen. Just like every hockey player should be aware when an opposing ''hitter'', like Wilson is, is on the ice.

BS. Why?

Because things like line changes happen while play is going on and such. What are they to do, ring a dinner bell each time he gets on the ice?

There's a lot of flaws in that kind of talk.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Just take hitting out. It will be gone soon anyway. Co-Ed league won’t allow it anyway in 10 years.

btw, I hate Boston, the caps, and Wilson. If he played back in the day, Orr, mcgrattan, probert, etc would’ve wrecked him.
Hate Boston with a name like Cliff Claven??

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013

IMHO hitting will always be part of the game, and an important part...a great forecheck is key during tight playoff games and international games.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
BS. Why?

Because things like line changes happen while play is going on and such. What are they to do, ring a dinner bell each time he gets on the ice?

There's a lot of flaws in that kind of talk.
They're doing that every time you've ever heard someone yell "heads" or anything like it. For as long as hitting is a legal way to gain an advantage, yeah, it's going to be on you to be aware of that and your teammates to keep you informed when you might not be.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I am. Watch from the front angle, not the over the back side of Carlos shoulder angle.
Who is Carlos? Brandon Carlo (CARLO) Two of you Wilson is innocent guys on here call him Carlos.

At least get the name right of the victim in the hospital with a concussion.

Wilson seems like a guy with a Junior C mentality of the 80s playing Pro.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Im a Caps fan but I side with Isles and their fanbase on the Lubo hit. I really hated that and it's not right at all.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
context does matter. 166 games without incident. Per rules he’s not a repeat offender in DoPS eyes

it’s absolutely a hockey hit. “Play hard/physical, momentum rah rah”

there are players going for big hits on that on a number of teams.

is it unnecessary to make a hit there? Sure, but in no different sense than literally any other hit made ever. I mean, you’ve got a stick.

big hits are and have always been legal. Fans will probably want that changed in a few years, but right now he’s allowed to make that hit.

he came from the side, which is allowed, and as a player was rotating he hit arm/shoulder first, and landed squarely on the chest with his shoulder. His hands tucked to his chest made contact on the follow through.

I 100% disagree. This was not even close to a “hockey hit.” Carlo was there and established with enough time for Wilson to see what he was aiming for. Had he moved at the last second I would agree.... but that wasn’t even close to the case.

To be quite frank, Carlo’s body was entirely susceptible to a clean hit. However, Wilson clearly purposely avoided 90% of Carlo’s body and went after his head. He might have Very lightly glanced off of some other body parts on the way, but he got his target in full steam - Brandon Carlo’s head.

The break in actual suspensions shouldn’t change the fact that we’ve seen this before many times from this player. He’s made it clear that he won’t stop as long as he is allowed to play in this league. It’s a privilege that he doesn’t deserve anymore.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Its like most of you didn't even watch the clip, only see the name Tom Wilson and instantly get triggered. I'm not a caps fan but there wasn't anything wrong with that hit, just an unfortunate result.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
They're doing that every time you've ever heard someone yell "heads" or anything like it. For as long as hitting is a legal way to gain an advantage, yeah, it's going to be on you to be aware of that and your teammates to keep you informed when you might not be.

Sure, and maybe that's more prevalent without fans in the rink. It's not always gonna be that easy with full barns and the static noise and you are at the other end of the rink in your defensive corner already being distracted by another player playing a puck.

Like, Wilson passing the player at the net, nothing he could have said in time on Wilson was on his way, could/would have changed anything.

If it were that easy, Wilson would never get as many hits like that on a regular basis. It's virtually impossible to police that all the time.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
When you decide to follow through that high and with that much force, you lose the benefit of the doubt imo. At that point the consequences are entirely on the guy throwing the hit. Factor in the history and reputation thing, this should be a lengthy rest

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The puck was in his feet so he is eligible to he hit , he must be aware of that , my point was players cant stand there to get smoked. The end result is unfortunate but part of that lies on Carlos.
... board battles like this happen 10 times a game and you don't see 10+ times a game where a player has his head slammed into the boards. If you think this isn't a big suspension you're about to be very disappointed

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
He got the body first but definitely ended up squishing his head against the glass after. Not sure I'd call it a dirty hit. This resulted in an unfortunate injury for Carlo but I've definitely seen Wilson do much worse.

Okay you’re “not sure” if dirty, but because you’ve seen him “ do much worse” , then this one is probably not that bad then?.. brilliant logic

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
You do know players can get hurt on clean plays right?

this analogy says you shouldn’t be calling other people idiots
I'm not sure that's what he's saying, though. I think the point is that when a guy is in the hospital with a brain injury, maybe it's time to tone down the zeal professing the cleanliness of the hit.

Doctor: Hi Mr. Carlo. After the examination and scans, we can confirm that you have indeed sustained a severe concussion. Also, after examination of a GIF on HFBoards, we can also confirm that the hit was totally clean, so really, everything is fine.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Okay you’re “not sure” if dirty, but because you’ve seen him “ do much worse” , then this one is probably not that bad then?.. brilliant logic
I dislike Tom Wilson but I think this hit was fine.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Well i did ask 80 pages for this game, but obviously this wanst what i ordered.

hope Carlo is well.

its borderline suspendable hit. For me, im not suprised either way. Theres a path to see it as clean or as dirty. I think its a 5 min major and a game, maybe two games for a reputation.

Reactions: The National
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad