Wilson dirty hit to head on Brandon Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
It is Wilson. He has shown historically not to care for his peers. He also exploded up into this hit. This is a Wilson hit, not a hockey hit.

Context matters. He had just run at Frederic hard twice this shift. He was not thinking rationally, and was looking to injure Carlo. No question.

So has marchand, queen of the slew foot.

Reactions: Habano

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
He literally avoided the body to go after the head. There was no last second movement that made him alter his path. He was trying to seriously injure him. I don’t know how many more times he can do this and be allowed to play in the NHL.

UFC has some openings, but what he does isn’t hockey.

Last edited:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Wilson's hit on Lubo is a disgrace and I'm embarrassed to support Caps after that predatory hit with intent to seriously injure. Should have gotten 41+ games for that.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I just watched 5 plays by the board in a row and I saw people dropping their heads. WTF you talkin about, it happens all the time. I’m sure you don’t do it if you know a hit is coming below your head, but how’s someone supposed to know if they are being blind sided?
They’re supposed to look around. That’s an inherent risk.

People are seriously pained to hate Wilson lol. The guys made bad hits, but his hands touched his head on follow through. Head was not principle point of contact. Period

Reactions: longtime lurker

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wilson's hit on Lubo is a disgrace and I'm embarrassed to support Caps after that predatory hit with intent to seriously injure. Should have gotten 41+ games for that.

Easily the worst Wilson offense in my eyes

Idk how many times he needs to show people he doesn’t care about his fellow human

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
Considering you spent years defending Tom Wilsons actions I can understand you asking the question, since you must live in an alternative reality where Wilsons violent acts are OK. For the people living in the real world, Wilsons actions are to be condemned.
What years did I spend defending Tom Wilson's actions?

I haven't even defended this hit in *this* thread, you chucklehead.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
You do know players can get hurt on clean plays right?

this analogy says you shouldn’t be calling other people idiots
Not since 2019. New HF rules, plays can be retroactively made “dirty” by injury.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Btw there was some discussion earlier about whether he’s still a repeat offender

Well see here because Torres missed a lot of time due to injuries but still got repeat status because of history

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The puck was in his feet so he is eligible to he hit , he must be aware of that , my point was players cant stand there to get smoked. The end result is unfortunate but part of that lies on Carlos.
Even in super slo-mo, Carlo wasn't standing there. Wilson gets there right after him.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It is Wilson. He has shown historically not to care for his peers. He also exploded up into this hit. This is a Wilson hit, not a hockey hit.

Context matters. He had just run at Frederic hard twice this shift. He was not thinking rationally, and was looking to injure Carlo. No question.

context does matter. 166 games without incident. Per rules he’s not a repeat offender in DoPS eyes

it’s absolutely a hockey hit. “Play hard/physical, momentum rah rah”

there are players going for big hits on that on a number of teams.

is it unnecessary to make a hit there? Sure, but in no different sense than literally any other hit made ever. I mean, you’ve got a stick.

big hits are and have always been legal. Fans will probably want that changed in a few years, but right now he’s allowed to make that hit.

he came from the side, which is allowed, and as a player was rotating he hit arm/shoulder first, and landed squarely on the chest with his shoulder. His hands tucked to his chest made contact on the follow through.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Completely not paying attention while on the boards , stop ,put your head /eyes down .. like how most players protect themselves. . Lots of players do both, he f***ed up and got cought.its unfortunate and hope he is ok.

Here's where you're wrong.

1st. Carlo was already engaged by another player and won the puck battle.
2nd. Call it reckless or whatever, it's still on Wilson to recognize a player in a bad position and not full truck them. Not playing the puck at all.
3rd. Even if it's reckless, on a play gone bad, those still come with consequences.
4th. The players being aware while being distracted by another player and you are the 3rd man in and injure the player should be treated differently than that of a guy who's just one on one with another...That's not only cheap and dirty when you're not going for the puck, it's disgusting piece of garbage work fit for a soap party to get the point across to players like Wilson to understand why stuff like that is wrong.

A smart player would see the opportunity to try and get the puck to try and help win the game.

Completely unnecessary.

On top of that you have Varana cross checking a injured man with his hands down to the ice in distress... Like why? because he beat you out of a puck battle? He should be fined.

Not exactly good PR for them...

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I still don't get why they keep hiring neanderthals to run the DoPS.

the only legitimate reason one can think of is they think it offers a players perspective on these incidents that a non player wouldn’t. The problem with that is these ex players they are hiring are quite obviously suffering from mild to medium brain damage. I’m not being flip either. There is no way in the last few years to explain some of the blatant ass backward rulings coming out of that mensa factory.

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
ITT : Fans of teams that employed Matt Cooke, Shawn Thornton, Brad Marchand, and Matt Martin crying because the shoe is on the other foot now.

jesse-pinkman-aaron-paul-cant-keep-getting-away-with-this-breaking-bad.gif

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

the only legitimate reason one can think of is they think it offers a players perspective on these incidents that a non player wouldn’t. The problem with that is these ex players they are hiring are quite obviously suffering from mild to medium brain damage. I’m not being flip either. There is no way in the last few years to explain some of the blatant ass backward rulings coming out of that mensa factory.
I think the people they've hired is a misguided attempt for credibility on these rulings. "See even a tough guy thinks this was suspension worthy! Not just one of those wussy star players who doesn't want his brain scrambled!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad