Wilson dirty hit to head on Brandon Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Note the irony here, after the second game we yet again find our selves in another thread about a dirty caps play and or player. Starting to see a developing trend here and I’ll go out on a limb and bet this won’t be the last one this year.

LOL ok thanks for the hysteria......

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Come on now, Larry - earlier in this thread you said Tinordi handed Wilson his ass in their fight :laugh: If you turned up on my doorstep selling me something I'm not sure I'd be buying.....
The fact is your boy got tuned up for an illegal check to the head.... this has nothing to do with what we are here for now.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
What have I missed here?

In europe its up to the player making the hit to make sure he does make a hit to the head on the opposing player! Is it the opposite in north america that the defending player has to guarantee the hitting player can not hit the head? Some people make it sound like its OK to hit a vulnerable player in the head just because the option is there, which is ludicrous. If you cant throw a safe hit, then hold back a bit or dont hit at all, otherwise pay the consequences in suspension.
You what?

the onus is on the attacking player to not the head in Europe. Further to that, if I hit you in the chest and drive up to your head... funny enough, that’s still a check to the head.

as for the topic in hand, that’s an easy penalty and an easy suspension.

let’s see what DOPS says, when player safety is that important and educating players about what is and isn’t acceptable behaviour on the ice.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Surprised, not surprised some are defending this hit. The head was the primary point of contact. In fact, Wilson *targeted* his head (raised his forearms and thrust them upwards). He barely brushes the top of the shoulder on his path to the head. This one is textbook and it was clearly intentional.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Repeat offender, should be an easy suspension. The league is a better place with no Tom Wilson in it.

Reactions: Pengwins

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
They are gonna have to throw the book at Wilson before somebody decides to take it into their own hands and feed Wilson their stick when he comes in for a run.

The dude is strong as a bull and really stupid. This is a dangerous combo.

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Would love to have seen a thread on this incident just to see the creativity in trying to defend McSorley.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Textbook hit. Drives the gloves through the temple into the glass, just as everybody is taught in hockey school.

:sarcasm:

You gotta give Wilson the benefit of the doubt. This is only his 300th or 400th hit directly to another player's head, after all.

:sarcasm:

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
What have I missed here?

In europe its up to the player making the hit to make sure he does not make a hit to the head on the opposing player! Is it the opposite in north america that the defending player has to guarantee the hitting player can not hit the head? Some people make it sound like its OK to hit a vulnerable player in the head just because the option is there, which is ludicrous. If you cant throw a safe hit, then hold back a bit or dont hit at all, otherwise pay the consequences in suspension.

Europe has such a common sense approach.

If the players and NHL took this approach there will be likely less injuries and predatory hits.

Reactions: Dessloch

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Looks like I live in an alternate reality judging by many of the comments in here.

Isn't that exactly the kind of hit the NHL desperately wants to get rid off?
Predatory, clearly to the head (not shoulder first or something), no real benefit of the doubt due to the short distance covered, no real excuse considering the target was basically standing still, target is like one of the biggest players in the league so no unfortunate height difference that makes it hard to avoid the head, serious repeat offender, etc...

IMO the over/under here should be 25 games considering his history. But its the NHL we are talking and they hilariously didn't even call a penalty.

But I guess we only care about concussions for PR reasons and to avoid lawsuits. So lets just tell Carlo to keep his head up (lol) and move on here I guess...

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
ITT : Fans of teams that employed Matt Cooke, Shawn Thornton, Brad Marchand, and Matt Martin crying because the shoe is on the other foot now.

jesse-pinkman-aaron-paul-cant-keep-getting-away-with-this-breaking-bad.gif

To imagine deflecting and playing the victim after Wilson makes another Wilson hit.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
blatant head hit from a prolific offender. maybe teams should start taking the burden for some of this stuff at a certain point. like third suspension for the same player = one year cap hit penalty for the team on top of the punishment for the player. easy to brush off the occasional suspension (as a team) if the player is as good as Wilson but when it hits your ability to manage the team a little might not seem as worth it to keep paying him.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Looks like I live in an alternate reality judging by many of the comments in here.

Isn't that exactly the kind of hit the NHL desperately wants to get rid off?
Predatory, clearly to the hit, no real benefit of the doubt due to the short distance covered, no real excuse considering the target was basically standing still, target is like one of the biggest players in the league so no unfortunate height difference that makes it hard to avoid the hit, serious repeat offender, etc...

IMO the over/under here should be 25 games considering his history. But its the NHL we are talking and they hilariously didn't even call a penalty.

But I guess we only care about concussions for PR reasons and to avoid lawsuits. So lets just tell Carlo to keep his head up (lol) and move on here I guess...

His last suspension was 20 and then reduced after appeal to 14 iirc, so 25 is definitely reasonable here. Personally I think he’ll get the rest of the regular season.

The “keep your head up” stuff is just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->