Post-Game Talk: William Nylander Leads Leafs to Victory AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
I've gone back and forth between marner and nylander since marner was drafted. They keep doing things that change my opinion of who will be better! Marner seems to have the higher potential but its very close.
Who do you guys think is a better skater between the two?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The Oilers screwed up the draft, so this year tank is not as relevant as the years before...

Its too much of a crapshoot, finishing dead last doesn't mean we will get the top 3.

I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, instead lets enjoy the skills we have even though we are all on team Tank.

The Oilers didn't screw up the draft , the whining and crying over a poorly managed team getting lucky did . If there wasn't a lotto the Oilers would have only picked 1st twice and wouldn't have McDavid .

30th gets you at worst the 4th pick but it gives you the best lottery odds and why would finishing last set you up to be disappointed ? We know the odds aren't great for any team regardless of where they finish so there's no use getting wound up if the balls don't fall our way .

and i for one could be patient enough to wait to enjoy Willies skill next season and enjoy the tank this year

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I've gone back and forth between marner and nylander since marner was drafted. They keep doing things that change my opinion of who will be better! Marner seems to have the higher potential but its very close.
Who do you guys think is a better skater between the two?

William is the better skater no doubt. He has Marner's edge work but the separation really comes from Willy's explosiveness. Nylander is arguably the best overall skater in the organization (Close with Rielly).

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I hate to tell you I told you so about Nylander but... the kid is great and the best thing is, like Sundin and Forsberg he just brings it. ... He is sublime.

Now this Marner, wait till we get him up, he is the ultimate show off. But in a good way. Good times are here actually now folks.

Babcock, this guy, wow, what can I say, he just juices up a team. Juices it right up.

Great times....

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Should they end up with one of the finns,

Marner Nylander Laine/Puljujarvi

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
How the heck did MDC, Virtanen, and Fleury go ahead of Nylander? Was it really the "attitude issues" thing?

Teams are always looking for size and the ones with some skill will always be in demand at the draft .

i would expect the Leafs to also target bigger players this draft , there's only so many small/smallish players you can dress on one team .

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
People we have Babcock, we have Babcock.

Remember when ALL the focus last year was on Shahahan?

Guy is a dude, a total dude, he has just stepped back and let Babcock and the turtle(LOU) and Hunter take all the credit.

Babcock has the media around his ring finger, I have never seen anyone in Toronto compel these folks like he has.

You know why? The media are the biggest Leaf fans of all.

They want to win more than we do.

I have seen enough, all I can say it will take an act of god to prevent us from making the playoffs next year. On record.

Steve Simmons and Brunt et al are huge Leaf fans but they know, they KNOW we have been mishandled. And they report it. Look for the media to go too hard on the positive side, Babcock is that complete.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
the way we're playing getting the #4 pick actually might be best case scenario lol. Bernier is on fire, Willy is sniping goals and setting up his line-mates. Marincin, Gardiner, Rielly are playing well. We have some good vet presence in the bottom 6. This team isn't finishing last and may not even finish bottom 3.

I've come to accept that we're probably getting Chychurin/Tkachuk/Nylander. Plus with our luck and the way the lottery is we all know some random team is going to win the lottery and jump way up and get Matthews. Will not be surprised at all if it's a team like Ottawa or Van fml.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Teams are always looking for size and the ones with some skill will always be in demand at the draft .

i would expect the Leafs to also target bigger players this draft , there's only so many small/smallish players you can dress on one team .

Well, this is the draft for that as there's at least 5 forwards with great size and skill who are locks to go in the top 10.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
People we have Babcock, we have Babcock.

Remember when ALL the focus last year was on Shahahan?

Guy is a dude, a total dude, he has just stepped back and let Babcock and the turtle(LOU) and Hunter take all the credit.

Babcock has the media around his ring finger, I have never seen anyone in Toronto compel these folks like he has.

You know why? The media are the biggest Leaf fans of all.

They want to win more than we do.

I have seen enough, all I can say it will take an act of god to prevent us from making the playoffs next year. On record.

Steve Simmons and Brunt et al are huge Leaf fans but they know, they KNOW we have been mishandled. And they report it. Look for the media to go too hard on the positive side, Babcock is that complete.

Everything about the Toronto Maple Leafs is feeling first class nowadays.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
And Marner is at least as sick as Nylander. The other thing the Leafs and MLSE is now advancing is the new NHL. TALENT. PURE TALENT. LOVE IT>

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I read a few posts comparing Willy to Kessel. Which on some level, is understandable.

Don't think Phil had a clapper like that one though :popcorn:

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
We have to give kudos for Shanahan for not coming out and saying anything, guy has kept his mouth shut tight. Letting Babcock and the team just do what they are doing. Scaring every team in the NHL right now.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
the way we're playing getting the #4 pick actually might be best case scenario lol. Bernier is on fire, Willy is sniping goals and setting up his line-mates. Marincin, Gardiner, Rielly are playing well. We have some good vet presence in the bottom 6. This team isn't finishing last and may not even finish bottom 3.

I've come to accept that we're probably getting Chychurin/Tkachuk/Nylander.

I agree. But We also are playing some good teams and some hungry teams. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose alot or win alot. All we know is we will be compete and be jn almost every game. That feels good to say

A guy like Willie under wilson or Carlyle would have been frustrating. We have the perfect coach who won't put up with no effort nights.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Am I crowing right now? I have been despised for telling people a great coach is what is needed to win. To develop. Quenneville in my opinion is 10 years ahead of sports, now we have someone as well in that league, Babcock.

Good times, good times. Did anyone see Rielly? Tonight? He is putting on the flying boots on, he is close to showing the NHL some serious stuff.

Burke was terrible with goalies, and overrated Percy, but he hit a grandslammer with Rielly imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00