Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
The leafs looks awful. They’ve a 15 million dollar power play but at even strength it’s just peewee level run and gun. If they squeak into the playoffs they’re an easy out.

Their power play has been trash lately. And they are anything but “run and gun”. I wish they were; at least that would be exciting.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Ass backwards? We're on pace for 100 pts lol

Right now, you're on pace for 97pts. Carolina who is out of the playoffs is on pace for 99 pts. 97 didn't make the playoffs last year.

However, Leafs have a lot of divisional matchups coming up as do the Metro teams. The Atlantic sucks so I do expect Toronto to improve their pace and finish with 100 pts.

Metro teams will face a tougher schedule against each other. It's doubtful that the #8 and #9 team will have more points than Leafs by the end.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
No one else is good enough in the division and Florida can’t do **** when it matters, Bobrovsky stinks.
Toronto will make the playoffs in a walk even if they don’t have a good record

Atlantic sucks

The Leafs have more points than all but 3 teams in the entire Western Conference (including the Pacific leading Canucks).

The90

Feb 27, 2017
The Leafs have more points than all but 3 teams in the entire Western Conference (including the Pacific leading Canucks).
We’re supposed to create another thread when the leafs pull 1 point ahead saying ‘how are the Canucks getting the first seed in a garbage division with less points than the leafs’

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
The pacific that holds the two WC and don’t get to beat on Detroit/Buffalo/Ottawa 4-5 times?

Leafs have an 8-4 record against Pacific teams this year. 109 point pace if all they had to do is feast on that awful division all season. You really need to rethink your position on this.

Reactions: bionic

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
Right now, you're on pace for 97pts. Carolina who is out of the playoffs is on pace for 99 pts. 97 didn't make the playoffs last year.

However, Leafs have a lot of divisional matchups coming up as do the Metro teams. The Atlantic sucks so I do expect Toronto to improve their pace and finish with 100 pts.

Metro teams will face a tougher schedule against each other. It's doubtful that the #8 and #9 team will have more points than Leafs by the end.

And two years prior the Leafs finished with 105 points, the same amount of points that won the metro. Their reward? They got to start their playoff series on the road. They didn’t receive any sympathy, Bettman has even made jokes about it. Would be nice to see them benefit from it this year

Reactions: LeafsNation75

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I
97 would have made the playoffs in the Atlantic last year ;)
I miss the days when 80 points was the minimum to get into the playoffs and 97 points was an elite team. That's why a couple of years ago the Leafs got 105 points and everyone was saying it's the most in franchise history, true it was, but with the assist of 3 point games, so in reality it wasn't. Anyways, Florida is playing badly now and it would appear that they are helping the Leafs, but there are many games left.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Their power play has been trash lately. And they are anything but “run and gun”. I wish they were; at least that would be exciting.
Dude I just watched the game. Are they normally more controlled? Because they were hard to watch. Like chickens with their heads cut off bad.
Their talent can overpower teams in the regular season but god help them in the playoffs.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Dude I just watched the game. Are they normally more controlled? Because they were hard to watch. Like chickens with their heads cut off bad.
Their talent can overpower teams in the regular season but god help them in the playoffs.

People talk about the Leafs like they are the flames. 2/3 of ghe past 3 years they’ve faced a top 3 team in the first round. The other was top 5. 2 went to game 7, and one went to OT every game.

They have been competative, just got bad luck facing the best teams off the bat.

Reactions: The90 and weems

The90

Feb 27, 2017
People talk about the Leafs like they are the flames. 2/3 of ghe past 3 years they’ve faced a top 3 team in the first round. The other was top 5. 2 went to game 7, and one went to OT every game.

They have been competative, just got bad luck facing the best teams off the bat.
And also the ‘bruins own the leafs’ narrative is false. they’ve won when it mattered 100%. No doubt about it. But the leafs have taken them to game 7 twice and lost the coin flip series. If they play again, I’d expect a long series once again.

Any fan who says they’re 100% confident either team would win a 7 game series Boston or Toronto is lying.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Lets pretend teams in the Atlantic also don’t need to play the Bs and TB more often as well. Leafs reward for coming third. Playing one of the best two teams in the entire NHL. Teams must be shaking about having to play the Nucks, Flames or Oilers. TB is going to be near impossible to beat this year in mind. Bs can be had.

Reactions: AvroArrow

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Leafs have an 8-4 record against Pacific teams this year. 109 point pace if all they had to do is feast on that awful division all season. You really need to rethink your position on this.

Oh and in case it wasn't completely obvious, since the Leafs are on a 97 point pace overall, that means they have a better record against the Pacific than the rest of the league. In fact, they're just 9-9 against teams in the Atlantic.

Thank goodness they've had so many games against Pacific opponents to keep them in the race.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And two years prior the Leafs finished with 105 points, the same amount of points that won the metro. Their reward? They got to start their playoff series on the road. They didn’t receive any sympathy, Bettman has even made jokes about it. Would be nice to see them benefit from it this year

I'm looking forward to TB vs Toronto in 1st round actually. Bored with Boston vs Toronto. Think it would be a great series.

Would love to see Boston vs Philadelphia 1st round series too.

It would be nice if we had a playoff race, but Florida seems to want to blow that. I can see Toronto clinching that 3rd spot fairly easily now.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I'm looking forward to TB vs Toronto in 1st round actually. Bored with Boston vs Toronto. Think it would be a great series.

Would love to see Boston vs Philadelphia 1st round series too.

It would be nice if we had a playoff race, but Florida seems to want to blow that. I can see Toronto clinching that 3rd spot fairly easily now.

I don’t know the way Tampa is to playing now it looks like they’ll finish 1st. Looking like Boston vs leafs or panthers.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
This is what Florida has been doing forever. Anytime they have any kind of expectations, they underachieve wildly. They have a really good roster, and a really good coach. They must be cursed or something.

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
When the Leafs made the playoffs in '16-'17:

"They only got in because of loser points and because they had the greatest luck with injuries of any team in history."

If the Leafs make the playoffs this season (despite a multitude of injuries):

"They only got in because Florida let them and their division sucks."

They're pacing for 97 points. Has a 97 point team ever missed the playoffs in the history of the NHL?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
When the Leafs made the playoffs in '16-'17:

"They only got in because of loser points and because they had the greatest luck with injuries of any team in history."

If the Leafs make the playoffs this season (despite a multitude of injuries):

"They only got in because Florida let them and their division sucks."

They're pacing for 97 points. Has a 97 point team ever missed the playoffs in the history of the NHL?

96 is the record i believe. Couple of teams have done it, including the Panthers and the Bruins recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad