Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The 3rd place team in the Atlantic have more points than the Pacific leader.
I don't remember Leafs fans complaining about how in 2018 when they were 3rd in the Atlantic with 105 points and did not get home ice in the first round compared to Pittsburgh who had 100 points and was 2nd in the Metropolitan with home ice in the first round of the playoffs.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
We’ve been one of the top teams in the league since the coaching change.
Exactly, do people not realize how bad a start the leafs had under Babcock. Add the injuries and no backup its impressive the leafs are even in a playoff spot right now and on pace for 98 points.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
The bye week really screwed Florida's momentum. They have played 9 games since the break and have wins against the Leafs and the Devils.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
No one else is good enough in the division and Florida can’t do **** when it matters, Bobrovsky stinks.
Toronto will make the playoffs in a walk even if they don’t have a good record

Atlantic sucks

The Atlantic is still far better then the Pacific... In fact Toronto would be leading the pacific.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
no one is as bad as the Sens and Wings in the Pacific

And no one is as good as Tampa and Boston in the Pacific. What a silly argument.
And frankly after what the Leafs have had to deal with in the first round of the playoffs the past 2 years, there will be no sympathy from this Leaf fan

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Except maybe Boston though.

I think the general premise of your post is right though. The Leafs are in all likelihood a better team than their record indicates, it’s a deep and talented roster.
I would rather play Boston and have a chance to excercise that demon circa Caps in round 2 against the Pens in 2018.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The bye week really screwed Florida's momentum. They have played 9 games since the break and have wins against the Leafs and the Devils.

Yup, hottest team in the league going into the all star break, the team was playing for eachother, winning games it wasn't supposed to, Bobrovsky was playing well. They had crazy momemtum. Then we have our bye week and don't play a game for 10 days. Not even a Hollywood writer can script the Panthers' bad luck anymore, it's fascinating to watch this comedy anymore. I always used to laugh off people who explained it as the BB&T center was built on sacred Indian ground, but maybe it's true lol. It would at least be an explanation for the last 20 years. No matter what this franchise tries to do, load up on draft picks, rebuild, spend in free agency, bring in big name players....it always fails. No matter what big name coaches, GMs, free agents they bring in.

That said, this core is way too erratic. Barkov, Huby, Ekblad all disappear in big games. Trocheck is a shell of his former self, and is barely a 3rd line center anymore, let alone a 2nd line center. I'm all for another rebuild. Tear it down. I'd rather watch a growing group of hungry young kids than look at these losers' faces anymore.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I would rather play Boston and have a chance to excercise that demon circa Caps in round 2 against the Pens in 2018.

I think this is the right mindset. With all the agita the Leafs have gone through this season, getting out of the 1st round by beating the Bruins should make the whole Eastern Conference nervous. The ONLY thing that could stifle that progress would be getting swept in the 2nd round.

As an Isles fan I'm not going to root for them but they've been a fascinating (and polarizing) franchise the past couple of years.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
The leafs looks awful. They’ve a 15 million dollar power play but at even strength it’s just peewee level run and gun. If they squeak into the playoffs they’re an easy out.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Bobrovsky's struggles are getting most of the headlines, but the real shocker is that the team is worse defensively this year. Most people thought Q would help with that.

Nobody is surprised that their special teams tanked though. Mike Kitchen couldn't run a competent PP if his life depended on it.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bobrovsky's struggles are getting most of the headlines, but the real shocker is that the team is worse defensively this year. Most people thought Q would help with that.

Nobody is surprised that their special teams tanked though. Mike Kitchen couldn't run a competent PP if his life depended on it.

Seriously, Kitchen is one of our main problems this season. He has to be one of the worst special teams coaches in the league. The only reason our pp is decent is because of our talent up front and yandle is an elite pp qb. Idk how such a great coach like Q can be so blind. Kitchen must have saved his life in the past or something. This is Florida's second dance with kitchen and it wasn't any better last time.

Bobrovsky is a problem, but he's not the main problem. The whole team is a bunch of milquetoast losers that disappear in big games. It's not a coincidence that Bobrovsky thrived in Columbus behind their blueline, and struggled as soon as he came to Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad