Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leafs are screwed either way. They either play Boston who they can't beat in the playoffs or they play Tampa who is very unlikely to choke 2 years in a row.
I actually think tampa is a good matchup for leafz... they prob want to avoid teams like islanders, blue jackets, bruins, caps, panthers... who would be much tougher matchups for them in 7 game series

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I actually think tampa is a good matchup for leafz... they prob want to avoid teams like islanders, blue jackets, bruins, caps, panthers... who would be much tougher matchups for them in 7 game series

After playing Boston two years in a row to game 7 tilts there is a familiarity to both teams. They both know each other too well. Tampa in my opinion will be super charged Lightning bolts (no pun intended) to prove to the NHL hockey world last year was a fluke. I think they will take advantage of the Leafs run and gun style and limit the leafs PP chances.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
After reading the title....would it help if we asked really nice? Do you think they'd let the Leafs in then?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I think Tampa would absolutely pick us apart tbh, like a 5 gamer and I usually try to be optimistic. I like our chances versus Boston more considering how close these teams have been each them they’ve played

Reactions: Getz2noone

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The 3rd atlantic spot gets decided by two things:

Whoever of Bobrovsky/Andersen plays better down the stretch.

The results of the 2 remaining H2H matchups

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Toronto only has 6 wins (3 regulation) in their last 15 games. Both teams have been terrible recently, and both teams will get smoked by Boston.

We've heard this same BS for the past two seasons yet it took the Bruins 7 games in both years to beat the Leafs. Toronto was up 3-2 last year with the chance close the series at home in 6 games but Andersen choked as he did the year before in game 7. Boston is a good team but they're just not going to walk over Toronto if they make the playoffs and face them again.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Montreal's 3-0, but I believe the Leafs are 2-0 vs Ottawa and 3-0 vs Detroit
Oops, mixing up preseason results with regular season. You probably realize why I haven't been paying attention too closely the last few seasons...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
We've heard this same BS for the past two seasons yet it took the Bruins 7 games in both years to beat the Leafs. Toronto was up 3-2 last year with the chance close the series at home in 6 games but Andersen choked as he did the year before in game 7. Boston is a good team but they're just not going to walk over Toronto if they make the playoffs and face them again.

Leafs went 0-3 against Boston in the playoffs last decade, choking in a unique way every single time. Toronto is Boston’s bitch.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Leafs went 0-3 against Boston in the playoffs last decade, choking in a unique way every single time. Toronto is Boston’s *****.

Again there is no denying Boston having Toronto's number in the playoffs. They are a very good team built to win in the post season. I only quoted you on getting smoked part because they haven't smoked or dominated in any playoff series. Each series has been close fought one and if they meet again it will be a 7 game series for sure.

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada
If Florida can't make the playoffs this year, that would be quite the disappointment, given their off season last year. They truly need it.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Leafs went 0-3 against Boston in the playoffs last decade, choking in a unique way every single time. Toronto is Boston’s *****.

All 3 series went to game 7. Their playoff record is 18-21 vs Boston in the last decade.

That 2013 team is long gone, Rielly is the only remaining player, so irrelevant to bring that series up at this point.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Didn't the Avalanche lose 65 games like 3 years ago? Mocking a 2-6 stretch? Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
Damn you are seeeensitive

Getting upset because someone mocked your 8 game stretch lmao

Didn't the Avalanche sweep the pathetic panthers the one time they managed to luck into the finals? I can play too! Oh and thanks for MacKinnon and Rantanen ;-)

JuneauRiley05

Feb 12, 2020
I really hope the leafs get in and are like 10 pts behind some metro teams who miss just for the lol’s around here.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Last year in Game 6 the difference was back to back power play goals for Boston since Toronto was previously leading that 1-0 in the 1st period.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
All 3 series went to game 7. Their playoff record is 18-21 vs Boston in the last decade.

That 2013 team is long gone, Rielly is the only remaining player, so irrelevant to bring that series up at this point.
Rielly wasn't even on the 2013 team since he was back in the WHL during the lockout season. So no one on their current roster was apart of the 2013 team.

Reactions: AvroArrow

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Some of the wildcard playoff races this year remind me of that episode of South Park where those two baseball teams are both trying to lose the playoff game so they can have the rest of the summer off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->