Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
The way they’re playing, the Islanders, Rangers and Hurricanes all deserve to make it over both the Panthers and Leafs.

Reactions: Balthazar

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It's funny the people who say it was a mistake to sign Tavares didn't want to give Dubas any credit for signing him to begin with, because they thought he planned for 1 year to sign in Toronto no matter what. However when things are going bad than it was a mistake to say why did Dubas sign him and give him the blame.
Gord Miller from the start though they should have used that money on defense

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Before yesterday the Islanders had lost 4 straight and they only broke that streak because they played the Red Wings and the Blue Jackets are currently on a 7 game losing streak.

Yeah a bit reactionary on my part but Florida has squandered two very winnable games and the Leafs just lost to a zamboni driver.

I have not been impressed with either teams efforts.

Jackets don’t deserve it either the way they’re playing, the Rangers deserve their spot.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Would you rather lose to an emergency goalie who is your own zamboni driver, or have a 31 year old $10 cap hit goalie with terrible stats for the next 6 years?

Turning into quite the train wreck for both teams. Interesting to watch. Also both below the Rangers in points%. If the Leafs make it with fewer points than the Rangers, the league will probably be ok with it. If the Panthers make it with fewer points than the Rangers, the league might change the playoff format. No offense to the Panthers, but, you know, totem pole.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yes if the Leafs make the playoffs it will be because the Panthers let them because they sure as f*** do not DESERVE the spot they are in.

Reactions: Balthazar

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Given the Panthers had no excuse to lose the game tonight and the Leafs had several... I'm gonna say yes. The only question is whether the Leafs duct taped d-core can win 8 or 9 of their last 17 games.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Last night was not the death blow butnInwill tell you what might be.

F Florida loses tomorrow and Toronto manages to beat Vancouver who will be without Markstrom, Bosser and Leivo that might be the death blow, at least as far as the Atlantic goes because Toronto would be 6 up on Florida with the 3 Calforina teams coming after that.

Tomorrow is as close to a MUST win as Florida has ever had this season

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Florida needs to win their H2H matchup in regulation AND be within 4 points of that game on March 25th for it to matter.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Given the Panthers had no excuse to lose the game tonight and the Leafs had several... I'm gonna say yes. The only question is whether the Leafs duct taped d-core can win 8 or 9 of their last 17 games.

I don't know about the defense but that offense and goaltending can.

Freddie has had a rough year but you don't go from a top 10 goalie in the NHL to legitimately being this in about 3 months.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The Rangers are better than both teams.

Seems like a hot take based on a recent streak. Leafs haven't been any good this year, but they have gotten trash goaltending, tons of injuries to quality top 6 guys and have missed their #1 D for over half the season and their #2 D for 1/3 of the season.

Meanwhile Rangers are getting otherworldly goaltending and a career year / Hart year from Panarin. I don't see anything to suggest the Rangers are a better team.

Mar 26, 2010
Freddie has had a rough year but you don't go from a top 10 goalie in the NHL to legitimately being this in about 3 months.
Saying he has had a rough year is a big understatement. He has been absolutely dreadful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad