Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
The way they’re playing, the Islanders, Rangers and Hurricanes all deserve to make it over both the Panthers and Leafs.

Yeah a bit reactionary on my part but Florida has squandered two very winnable games and the Leafs just lost to a zamboni driver.

I have not been impressed with either teams efforts.

Jackets don’t deserve it either the way they’re playing, the Rangers deserve their spot.

Leafs do not deserve to make the playoffs. Especially after last night.

Panthers do not deserve to make the playoffs. Especially after last night.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Leafs are going to make the playoffs the same way the 92 Whalers made it. The difference is that the Whalers qualified because Quebec was in their division whereas Toronto is going to qualify because they play in a division with 5 Quebecs.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
The Leafs are going to make the playoffs the same way the 92 Whalers made it. The difference is that the Whalers qualified because Quebec was in their division whereas Toronto is going to qualify because they play in a division with 5 Quebecs.

That's just not true. Leafs may or may not make it but they actually have a worse record against Atlantic teams (10-10) than they do overall. They also have a good possibility of taking a wild card spot (currently ties with WC2 with a game in hand) even if Florida does overtake them which gives the Atlantic 3 teams that solidly deserve to be in the playoffs (currently) which kinda makes it as good as any other division.

Reactions: Vaive50

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Last night was not the death blow butnInwill tell you what might be.

F Florida loses tomorrow and Toronto manages to beat Vancouver who will be without Markstrom, Bosser and Leivo that might be the death blow, at least as far as the Atlantic goes because Toronto would be 6 up on Florida with the 3 Calforina teams coming after that.

Tomorrow is as close to a MUST win as Florida has ever had this season

You really thinkin about calling it with a 6pt lead and 16 games to go?

I swear, Leafs fans never learn a thing about this team.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Not to St. Louis, but, to be honest, Boston has bashed Toronto, I think, three times in a row in the playoffs?

Bashed ins't a good word to use anyways. Especially last year the Leafs led the entire series and could have eliminated them in game 6 and 7. That's not bashed. That was just losers and bad coaching chocking away a series, but not sure how that can be being bashed.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Not to St. Louis, but, to be honest, Boston has bashed Toronto, I think, three times in a row in the playoffs?

bashed? The last two series went to 7 games and were both one goal games headed into the third period. But I get it people love to spread a fake narrative to support their agenda. The only team thats been “bashed” by Boston was Vancouver in game 7.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
bashed? The last two series went to 7 games and were both one goal games headed into the third period. But I get it people love to spread a fake narrative to support their agenda. The only team thats been “bashed” by Boston was Vancouver in game 7.

Well, Toronto did lose 5-1 to the Bruins in game 7 last year.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Well, Toronto did lose 5-1 to the Bruins in game 7 last year.

Okay but that series went down to one period that couldve gone either way I dont know why people act like they took a beating when the stats show the Leafs outplayed Boston 5v5. If it werent for Babcock forcing Hyman v Bergeron on the faceoff dot every pk, they most likely win that series but why use facts when we can use false narratives.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Okay but that series went down to one period that couldve gone either way I dont know why people act like they took a beating when the stats show the Leafs outplayed Boston 5v5. If it werent for Babcock forcing Hyman v Bergeron on the faceoff dot every pk, they most likely win that series but why use facts when we can use false narratives.

from my point of view it seemed to me the Leafs were lucky to be in that game. I thought they were completely outplayed and were lucky to only be down 2-1 after 2.

either way a 5-1 score is still a beating, much like 4-0 in game 7 against Vancouver.

whatever makes you feel better though.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
That's just not true. Leafs may or may not make it but they actually have a worse record against Atlantic teams (10-10) than they do overall. They also have a good possibility of taking a wild card spot (currently ties with WC2 with a game in hand) even if Florida does overtake them which gives the Atlantic 3 teams that solidly deserve to be in the playoffs (currently) which kinda makes it as good as any other division.

giphy.gif

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

You may want to look up their splits before you make this comment

Edit - too late someone called you out and you look stupid

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Two teams with the highest odds to win the Cup are Tampa and Boston and those are the teams the Leafs would have to get through to make it to the ECF so yeah...I'd say that the Atlantic is really f***ing good.

Leafs with all their injuries are still playing at a 105 point pace under Keefe after Babcock f***ed up for 22 games.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Buffalo needs to go on a long win streak.

Buffalo is not making the playoffs. They have a shit team with maybe 2-3 good players.

Just take a look right here: NHL Team Advanced Stats they are below average or average on nearly every single stat you can possibly think of.

They would need to win out to make the playoffs and that's not happening.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
No one else is good enough in the division and Florida can’t do shit when it matters, Bobrovsky stinks.
Toronto will make the playoffs in a walk even if they don’t have a good record

Atlantic sucks
This is rich, especially with someone who has a Canucks avatar. They get to play in the Pacific division, which is hands down the weakest in the whole league. Half your division is in the bottom 10. Heck the Canucks wouldn't even be in the playoffs if they were in the East.

Reactions: Cotton

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You may want to look up their splits before you make this comment

Edit - too late someone called you out and you look stupid
Wasn't referring to splits of games, was referring to the fact that the 5 teams below them are straight up garbage and the Leafs are going to get into the playoffs by default. Try to get your facts straight before resorting to namecalling.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If one division has 5 playoff teams and the other has 3 the one with 5 is clearly better. And as I said in another post I wasn't talking about spits, I was saying that there are 5 bad teams in the division and that de facto guarantees the Leafs a playoff spot by default.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Theres' a decent chance one of the wild cards come from the Atlantic with how the Islanders and Blue Jackets have done recently.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
There's no more "let", as Toronto ia now in a position to win a WC spot if they lose hold on 3rd in the Atlantic.

upload_2020-2-29_17-48-3.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad