Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is the longest Bob has not been Bob in Bob's career

Bob not beeing good is only half the problem. The other is the Panther defense is complete garbage . Panthers defense is worse than the Leafs defense and i'm not even sure its that close and the Panthers to my knowledge don't even have injuries to their defense. They are just horrible.

A struggling goalie behind a terrible defense is just a recipe for disaster.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bob not beeing good is only half the problem. The other is the Panther defense is complete garbage . Panthers defense is worse than the Leafs defense and i'm not even sure its that close and the Panthers to my knowledge don't even have injuries to their defense. They are just horrible.

A struggling goalie behind a terrible defense is just a recipe for disaster.
Watched them last night and could not agree more.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hunter wasnt here for Rielly. His first draft was Marner.

Id actually argue his drafting record was poor. He hit the easy ones but blew a bunch of seconds and probably Liljegren

I wouldn't call his record great but it's not poor.

Yes he does deserve credit for Marner over Hanifin that was a legitimate debate and he made the right call.

Goy Dermott in the 2nd

Timashov in the 5th.

Got the easy one in Matthews but also Grunstrom who I expect to be a top 9 forward in LA, and Korshkov who should get a look in Toronto.

Then you got Lily way to early with him.

It's not great but it's not poor and if Grunstrom and Korshkov turn out it starts to look pretty good

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
For someone that doesn't pay attention, you sure do have a lot of posts about the Leafs.
Just read this title one on Panther Leafs play off race.

I never claimed I didnt pay attention. I follow the NHL , and play offs like any other fanatic.

What I did say was "im not all that up to date on the Leafs drafting habits" and which scouts drafted which players.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Rielly a very nice piece too. Good drafting. Hunter was a huge asset for you guys.

Habs are trending nowhere until Bergevin is out the friggin door.

Both my brothers are Bruins fans and a some good buddies huge leafs fans. They all agree on this..... Marc Bergevin is a major Leafs and Bruins asset.

Its like you guys planted him in here......with orders to sabotage the operation. Well, mission accomplished. Times 10.
We did. But don’t tell anyone. At least he looks good in a purple suit right?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
How is "Leafs may have to move 2021 first" a "Leafs-bashing" thread? They're a buyer without a 2020 first.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
It is starting to feel a bit like a “Turtle Derby” with these two teams this month.

Neither team looks like they are building much momentum and doing what it takes to solidify their place i. the playoffs.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
he is saying you can bet you ass that all 30 teams would not have got it over turned. He is saying the leafs get the benefits of way too many calls. So much so that im surprised anyone even bothers to debate it.
Because they never win anything , fans of other teams have never really cared that much. Its always been like "hey, its the leafs. Let them have it" :nod:
Why would the refs have overturned a Leafs penalty on the road? If this was going to benefit them why not do it when they played a home game in Toronto? Look there is no conspiracy theory for the league to help the Leafs because they already rank 30th in power play time this season, so I can't believe you are complaining about a penalty being taken away when Jake Muzzin never actually high sticked someone and they still lost. Plus the Penguins got their another power play later on in the 2nd period which they scored on and went 3/3 that night.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I acknowledged that those topics were started by him. I just think it's funny that one of your examples was using Eichel injury thread, when there have been more threads posted on here that asked the same thing about Matthews. That's all I'm saying and it's nothing more than an observation.

I just think it's funny that you cherry picked that one as a way to bring up Matthews, and cry more about negative threads.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I just think it's funny that you cherry picked that one as a way to bring up Matthews, and cry more about negative threads.
Because like I said before, I find it funny you have a problem with @Kamiccolo and those threads he started and you used the Eichel always injury prone thread as one of your examples, even though you had already listed a lot of other threads he previously started. Anyway I already showed there was more threads asking if Matthews was injury prone and despite them being asked by two different people I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
How is "Leafs may have to move 2021 first" a "Leafs-bashing" thread? They're a buyer without a 2020 first.

I don't get what is so hard to understand about my point.

That thread is NOT a Leaf bashing thread. It's about the possibility of them moving the pick, and with that, there will be people saying it's a bad idea. Not bashing.

Going to the current page of that thread though, you will see there is no longer discussion about moving the pick, just baseless fan and team bashing.

Looking at it right now, I see people talking about how bad the Kadri trade is, I see people talking about how it was a mistake to sign Tavares, I see people saying Keefe is over rated.

That's 1 page.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Because like I said before, I find it funny you have a problem with @Kamiccolo and those threads he started and you used the Eichel always injury prone thread as one of your examples, even though you had already listed a lot of other threads he previously started. Anyway I already showed there was more threads asking if Matthews was injury prone and despite them being asked by two different people I don't see what that has to do with anything.

it doesn’t have anything to do with anything. That’s why I have no idea why you brought them up.

here’s a timeline for you
1. Komo whines about negative leafs threads
2. I provide 7 different threads that he started that were negative to show he’s a hypocrite
3. You point out two Matthews threads that have nothing to so with the one poster who constantly starts a specific type of thread complaining about that exact same type of thread
4. I tell you that it has no relevance to the conversation
5. You keep bringing it up for some reas

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't get what is so hard to understand about my point.

That thread is NOT a Leaf bashing thread. It's about the possibility of them moving the pick, and with that, there will be people saying it's a bad idea. Not bashing.

Going to the current page of that thread though, you will see there is no longer discussion about moving the pick, just baseless fan and team bashing.

Looking at it right now, I see people talking about how bad the Kadri trade is, I see people talking about how it was a mistake to sign Tavares, I see people saying Keefe is over rated.

That's 1 page.
It's funny the people who say it was a mistake to sign Tavares didn't want to give Dubas any credit for signing him to begin with, because they thought he planned for 1 year to sign in Toronto no matter what. However when things are going bad than it was a mistake to say why did Dubas sign him and give him the blame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad