Speculation: Will the 11th Overall Pick be traded ?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Rooted in pessimism. I don't blame you really but it's like thinking your odds on the next blackjack hand are worse because you lost the last 5.

All thanks to the dear leader.

Not saying the team will definitely not be any better, but I'm gonna hold my judgement until I see the team playing a solid number of games next year.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
All thanks to the dear leader.

Not saying the team will definitely not be any better, but I'm gonna hold my judgement until I see the team playing a solid number of games next year.

People must be able to see that we are in a very tricky and difficult situation. Hopefully the team turns it around but there are definitely some obstacles to be overcome. That's pretty realistic and straight forward to me. I am also reserving my judgement and in addition a lot depends on what happens in the summer. Being blindly optimistic is fine sometimes but it's becoming somewhat mentally exhausting as well.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
People must be able to see that we are in a very tricky and difficult situation. Hopefully the team turns it around but there are definitely some obstacles to be overcome. That's pretty realistic and straight forward to me. I am also reserving my judgement and in addition a lot depends on what happens in the summer. Being blindly optimistic is fine sometimes but it's becoming somewhat mentally exhausting as well.

Oh but NOOOO, according to the poster's logic unless you're singing praises for our management, any criticism or doubts, and I mean ANYTHING even the slightest bit negative means you're blaming last decade of failure on Skeletor and Moleman, and you can't do that! You gonna hurt people's feewings by being a negative Nancy!
:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Nick Lang

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
So according to your logic, anyone who complains about how the team is now is unfairly blaming previous management's failure on the current one? Would you like to take that logic and jump on ALL the posters who's said anything negative about the team in the last two years?

If I didn't say this already, let me make it crystal clear for you: I did not blame what the team is like now on the current management in my statement - despite Skeletor and Moleman did their share of stupid crap, I merely stated the fact that the team has not had success for a decade despite every year there are people saying that the team will be better. So if you say now the team is better, I remain skeptical.

And the lack of success for the past decade has no correlation to the new management team or future, other than trying to unwind problems created by benning. So complaining about it like this management will make the same errors is nonsense. And that is IMPLIED by your complaints, that they will continue to suck going forward. You are making an assumption, and that assumption is based on false logic.

Bolded part - its quite clear what your assumptions are, thanks.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
And the lack of success for the past decade has no correlation to the new management team or future, other than trying to unwind problems created by benning. So complaining about it like this management will make the same errors is nonsense. And that is IMPLIED by your complaints, that they will continue to suck going forward. You are making an assumption, and that assumption is based on false logic.

Bolded part - its quite clear what your assumptions are, thanks.

It's funny to have someone whose first language isn't even English to explain this to you, is it not? I already said it many times, the team sucked ass for a decade despite people saying it will be better, so I'll keep my judgement until we get into a good portion of next season.

But hey, keep on with the mental gymnastics, you're doing great.

Oh and next time anyone have doubts about Skeletor and Moleman, I expect you to be on the front lines calling them out. Otherwise you're nothing but a double standard hypocrite.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
It's funny to have someone whose first language isn't even English to explain this to you, is it not? I already said it many times, the team sucked ass for a decade despite people saying it will be better, so I'll keep my judgement until we get into a good portion of next season.

Oh and next time anyone have doubts about Skeletor and Moleman, I expect you to be on the front lines calling them out. Otherwise you're nothing but a double standard hypocrite.
The fact you’re calling our new management derogatory names would suggest I’m correct that you’re not being objective.

It’s clear you have some “anger” towards them for some reason and me for pointing it out,

It then flows logically that you are blaming them for something, and clearly nothing yet can be their “fault” as I have explained.

your comments to me show an inherent lack of internal logic / lack of consistency around the idea that you yourself posit, that you don’t blame them.

Calling them negative names again, is anger, anger comes from blaming them for poor decisons. The poor decisions that handcuffed this team were not theirs.

Good night

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The fact you’re calling our new management derogatory names would suggest I’m correct that you’re not being objective.

Good night

Like I said, next time anyone says anything bad about our management, you better raise your banner and call them out, otherwise it'll be prove of your hypocrisy.

Also, where were you when JEB was here and there were no less than a dozen nicknames for him? I mean surely an overzealous righteous practioner of OBJECTIVITY and justice would not let such blasphemy escape the wrath of your crusade, no?

That is, unless you're only doing this when you feel like is convenient for your nonsense logic.

But nah, that can't be it.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Like I said, next time anyone says anything bad about our management, you better raise your banner and call them out, otherwise it'll be prove of your hypocrisy.

Also, where were you when JEB was here and there were no less than a dozen nicknames for him? I mean surely an overzealous righteous practioner of OBJECTIVITY and justice would not let such blasphemy escape the wrath of your crusade, no?

That is, unless you're only doing this when you feel like is convenient for your nonsense logic.

But nah, that can't be it.
Don’t know who you’re talking about and don’t care

Hope you learn that sports is for fun, being so negative in life about a game isn’t healthy.

Be well

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Don’t know who you’re talking about and don’t care

Hope you learn that sports is for fun, being so negative in life about a game isn’t healthy.

Be well

And the condescension continues, how laughable.

Either case, next time anyone has any doubts or criticism of our management, you better be there to defend them til the death.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If history is any guide, the cost to an NHL team of ridding itself of a bloated, underperforming contract is a first round draft pick.

Not saying the Canucks will necessarily do it......but if dumping Dickinson's contract cost them a second rounder; you can rest assured that getting out of from under the contracts for guys like Boeser, Myers or OEL will be a first rounder for sure.

That's the sad reality for cap-strapped teams like the Canucks, who haven't made the playoffs in three years despite having one of the highest payrolls in hockey. Thanks to Benning and Aquilini.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
And the condescension continues, how laughable.

Either case, next time anyone has any doubts or criticism of our management, you better be there to defend them til the death.
Im not sure what you’re talking about

No one said management is beyond criticism but the binary retort is always the argument of a weak position. No nuance, or discussion of complexity. It’s either this or that -not how life works.

It was clear you are bashing management for sins of the past when they were not here, ie projecting the errors of Benning as though this management team is the same and will do the same. they haven’t even been here long enough to be harshly criticized, nor “earned” such negative knicknames. The fact you used these names suggests negative bias not objectivity that’s a fact.

Alvin and Rutherford haven’t really done anything to hurt the team and have improved it as much as possible given the Benning handcuffs. so being negative to them makes no sense, unless of course you’re projecting the sins of the past on them as i said.

I’m not here to constantly complain about a sport, particularly when a new regime is only getting started.

Again, sports are supposed to be enjoyed. If you hate management and this team so much, perhaps find a team you enjoy more.

Be well

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Im not sure what you’re talking about

No one said management is beyond criticism but the binary retort is always the argument of a weak position. No nuance, or discussion of complexity. It’s either this or that -not how life works.

It was clear you are bashing management for sins of the past when they were not here, ie projecting the errors of Benning as though this management team is the same and will do the same

Your derogatory names of them speaks to this, as they haven’t really done much to hurt the team and have improved it as much as possible given the Benning handcuffs.

As i said, I’m not here to constantly complain about a sport, particularly when a new regime is only getting started.

Again, sports are supposed to be enjoyed. If you hate management and this team so much, perhaps find a team you enjoy more.

Be well

Lol you are so dead set on saying that I'm "bashing" our management for JEB's mistakes, and you don't have the least bit of evidence. I remain skeptical about what the team will become, and somehow this is...negativity that cannot be allowed?

Also, I'm almost 100% sure that you know exactly what I'm talking about regarding JEB's nicknames, you're just pretending to not know because it will expose your hypocrisy - you say it's bad when I call Allvin Skeletor and Rutherford Moleman, but somehow when the whole board is raining down on JEB you're totally OK with that. I would tell you why I call Allvin and Rutherford such names but I doubt you'll listen.

Feel free to play your mental gymnastic games all you want, we've all seen TONS of that kind of crap during JEB's years. You're not fooling anyone.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Geez guys. Take a break.

I have no problem admitting that I'm wrong - like when you said I've overshot on Pete and Hronek's contracts, I thought yeah you know what I did overestimated it so maybe it won't be as high.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
@Nuckster

I look at our management group as a different group of offensive and defensive coordinators hired by the same head coach(fat, child abusing slumlord) that is still setting the same stupid, chasing our own dicks around in circles, direction as he laid out for the fired group of previous offensive and defensive coordinators. What says you?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
So Pettersson will be 12M & Hronek 8M?

Those are pretty big exaggerations.
I dont know. 11.5 & 7 - 7.5 seems likely to me.

There is zero incentive to take a paycut to stay here. Its not like we are in a contention window. Its more likely we will need to overpay to keep players until there is at least a somewhat clear path to becoming a contender.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Who puts anything on new management? I said the team has a decade of saying it's gonna be better every year and nothing has gotten better. You want to point out where I said this management is to blame for a decade of failure or anything along those lines?

Pete and Hronek, if you want to extend those two, how much do you think it's gonna cost? Pete might go for something like 11-12 mil, and Hronek, if he is to become that defense anchor player you say, will probably be...what, 7-8 mil? That's almost 20 million, more or less. How are we to clear this kind of cap space?

As for OEL, if you believe he'll bounce back, go ahead. I don't see him coming anywhere close to playing to his worth of 7+mil a year AND the 1st round pick we gave up.
If Hronek is worth 8 million dollars then we are doing cartwheels in the streets. If he can argue with a straight face that he deserves more than Hedman or Quinn Hughes then we are absolutely thrilled.

This circular negative thinking where Hronek is somehow going to be hurt and suck, but also be good enough to command like top 15 D salary in the league, while not considering how good he is, the fact his injury isn't chronic, and that he's a young core piece is just masochism and I don't get it.

And you're moving the goalposts on OEL. I too suspect he will be closer to 2021-22 OEL than last year's injured disaster. Will that make him worth his contract and the 9th overall in 2021? f*** no, but that deal is done so let's live in the here and now. He can fairly likely be a more than competent second pairing LD with Hronek and that's a lot better than a lot of people are assuming.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

1685954728650.png

• Haha
Reactions: Bougieman

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If Hronek is worth 8 million dollars then we are doing cartwheels in the streets. If he can argue with a straight face that he deserves more than Hedman or Quinn Hughes then we are absolutely thrilled.

This circular negative thinking where Hronek is somehow going to be hurt and suck, but also be good enough to command like top 15 D salary in the league, while not considering how good he is, the fact his injury isn't chronic, and that he's a young core piece is just masochism and I don't get it.

And you're moving the goalposts on OEL. I too suspect he will be closer to 2021-22 OEL than last year's injured disaster. Will that make him worth his contract and the 9th overall in 2021? f*** no, but that deal is done so let's live in the here and now. He can fairly likely be a more than competent second pairing LD with Hronek and that's a lot better than a lot of people are assuming.

What I started with is that I think Hronek trade was a bad deal, he said oh it is the best deal ever. Then the situation will be, either he sucks ass and makes the trade look bad, or he will be good and command a huge salary that the team will have to clear up. I'm not sure what kind of cap space we can make besides Myers coming off the books, maybe trade Beauvillier and/or Boeser? But then will those trades cost us additional assets? This is why this trade worries me, it's assuming a player will play to his best and assuming we'll have enough cap to keep him, all while giving up what limited assets we're already lacking, BEFORE the team could have a promising outlook at the cup.

As for OEL, I'm not gonna assume that he'll magically bounce back. I'll believe it when I see it, because so far the results are less than promising.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I dont know. 11.5 & 7 - 7.5 seems likely to me.

There is zero incentive to take a paycut to stay here. Its not like we are in a contention window. Its more likely we will need to overpay to keep players until there is at least a somewhat clear path to becoming a contender.

If Hronek is in the 7.5M range that means he played really well and we should be happy about having that player. I wouldn't take that as a loss would be able to find room for a 7.5M dman that we desperately need.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don't understand is Allvin Skeketor in this? I'm not really seeing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad