Speculation: Will the 11th Overall Pick be traded ?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I thought I would create a new thread since the last one was who would you trade the pick for but I wanna ask the question will the Canucks Actually trade it ?

I do not think it gets traded under any circumstances and we don’t have any cap space to bring in a player like Alexis Lafreniere etc who will command over 6m.

I am 99.99% sure the pick is staying and the Canucks build up there farm system because we know it needs more work and with 6 picks in the first 4 rounds we will absolutely have a great shot to rebuild it

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It shouldn't, but I feel that it will.

You only starts throwing future away for the present when you know 100% that you are solid playoff material and just needs that extra push and supp players to endure the grind.

Trading the Horvat pick for an injured Hronek is already a dumb f***ing move, trading our 11th overall will make the last move look like an act of genius.

No, I am not at all in favor of trading our picks away.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Should it be? No. They don't have the cap space to improve the team.
Will it be? Probably.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
They didn’t trade it last year, although apparently they did consider for Dach, so I don’t think they’ll trade a more valuable piece, very likely closer to contributing. I give it an 80/20 chance. If they can acquire a young(less than 25 years old)top 6 center or top 4 d-man, I think they will. But such a trade likely isn’t out there.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
What would they trade it for?

I'm sure they'd love to swap it for another under-25 contributor.... but they literally don't have the cap space for another Hronek.

Would they try to trade it for an under-22 that is tracking well and still on an ELC? Why would another team make a swap like that for an 11th overall? If their prospect is tracking well enough that's a better asset than an unproven 1st rounder.

Do you they use it to shed salary? Who though? It's not enough to dump OEL. And it's overkill to dump anyone else. Poolman + Pearson? That's doesn't make much sense.

As much as I am sure management is salivating at the thought of trading the pick to improve, I don't see a realistic way they can.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
What would they trade it for?

I'm sure they'd love to swap it for another under-25 contributor.... but they literally don't have the cap space for another Hronek.

Would they try to trade it for an under-22 that is tracking well and still on an ELC? Why would another team make a swap like that for an 11th overall? If their prospect is tracking well enough that's a better asset than an unproven 1st rounder.

Do you they use it to shed salary? Who though? It's not enough to dump OEL. And it's overkill to dump anyone else. Poolman + Pearson? That's doesn't make much sense.

As much as I am sure management is salivating at the thought of trading the pick to improve, I don't see a realistic way they can.
OEL can't be dumped. He has a no movement clause.

madrigal77

Feb 16, 2023
Which he could theoretically waive, but that's beside the point I was making. Yes the NMC makes it even more unlikely, but no team would take the 11th overall for that contract anyways.
It would probably take this and next years firsts to move it. Worst trade in Canucks history and even consideration for league history. Absolute debacle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad